2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 594 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
There was news that Sofia Samodelkina is also back for this one. So her injury wasn't that bad. This is why I'm expecting her to be in the mix, probably even the favorite.
If Sofia is feeling well, I would expect her to do 3*3As.
Then, I would say she will be first, and Adelia and Nika will be battling it out for silver and bronze.
Depends on how Nika's feeling now, because last stage was her coming back to training for just a week before competition, so might not be reflective of her shape currently.
If Nika hits 2 clean quads, then Nika is likely to win silver, and Adelia bronze. If Nika adds her 3As as well, she can even contend for gold.

Kind of crazy, that even junior/novice competitions now have so many girls with quads and 3A.

Novalis

Record Breaker
If Sofia is feeling well, I would expect her to do 3*3As.
Then, I would say she will be first, and Adelia and Nika will be battling it out for silver and bronze.
Depends on how Nika's feeling now, because last stage was her coming back to training for just a week before competition, so might not be reflective of her shape currently.
If Nika hits 2 clean quads, then Nika is likely to win silver, and Adelia bronze. If Nika adds her 3As as well, she can even contend for gold.

Kind of crazy, that even junior/novice competitions now have so many girls with quads and 3A.
But Adelia might jump a quad toe as well. I'm sort of expecting that they'll try it out. And Adelia already got a very good score at Stage 3, so I would't count her out for potential gold. And I expect Nika to be on better form...

This junior ladies event can get very interesting.

So the senior event will probably be on the weekend 5th-6th December and the juniors on monday + tuesday after that.

After the ladies event at Rostelecom I really feel cautious about predictions, but it does look like there are clear favorites for the medalists at both senior and junior ladies event here. But very difficult to predict anything about the color of the medal for each skater.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So next year Berestovskaya, Zhilina and Akatieva will already be junior eligible??? It's crazy how fast they grow up, weren't they like 9 just yesterday?

interesting, that Russia somehow always has a magic number 3 in each age group. Girls are all quite different, but I think they're ready to give Samodelkina, Osokina and Petrosian, who would still be juniors next year, a good fight.

Novalis

Record Breaker
So next year Berestovskaya, Zhilina and Akatieva will already be junior eligible??? It's crazy how fast they grow up, weren't they like 9 just yesterday?

interesting, that Russia somehow always has a magic number 3 in each age group. Girls are all quite different, but I think they're ready to give Samodelkina, Osokina and Petrosian, who would still be juniors next year, a good fight.
Maybe add Muravyova to that older age group, and the younger one, the late 07 and early 08 age group, I have a feeling that one will be big. Maybe the biggest ever, even beating late 03 and early 04 one. Gorbachova and I believe Sadkova under TeamTutberidze will be awesome too. That is in addition to the names you mentioned.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

Magill

Record Breaker
Not shocking. I'd be surprised if any major international competitions are held this season. Travel has been so restricted all year and with the Covid cases spiking again, I don't see it getting better in time enough to hold Euros, 4CC or worlds this year.
Unfortunately I think you're right.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Not shocking. I'd be surprised if any major international competitions are held this season. Travel has been so restricted all year and with the Covid cases spiking again, I don't see it getting better in time enough to hold Euros, 4CC or worlds this year.
4CC has already been cancelled a while ago

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The ISU's next meeting will be on December 10th, in which they will discuss the rest of the competitions and their state (Euros, Worlds).
I find it hilarious, that they keep pretending GPF might take place this year... Like, only 4 events took place, and no one sane would sign up for this, why are they still in denial?

renebaebae

On the Ice
Question:

Sasha's combo 4T+1Eul+3S was first marked 4T+Seq+1Eul+3S. but the TP later removed the 'seq' mark.

Sasha did put in an extra turn after the 4T into the Euler. So doesn't that make it a Sequence?
Or...doesn't an extra turn in combos make the second jump not count?
You're only allowed to have one 3-turn in-between two jumps for it to qualify as a combo without a seq. If you turn out of your first jump twice doing 2 3-turns it's changed to a seq and base value is deducted. I think because of Sasha's turn out of the first quad, they may have thought she did 2 3-turns. They probably counted again after and removed it. I don't remember now if she actually had one or two 3-turns.

Ifwe

Rinkside
I find it hilarious, that they keep pretending GPF might take place this year... Like, only 4 events took place, and no one sane would sign up for this, why are they still in denial?
ikr lol but seriously why don’t they conceder doing it virtually especially worlds and euros it will be much better.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I knew this was likely (and the responsible thing to do) but I‘m nonetheless so disappointed. I guess I‘ll have to wait for Adelia‘s international junior debut then. :(

I can‘t imagine how the skaters themselves must feel. Careers are often so short already, especially for the Russian ladies, you often have only one shot. It has to be so horrible to have that chance taken away from you by something that‘s not even your fault and that you couldn‘t have prevented in any way. I know it cannot be helped but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.