2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 289 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
By the time you are at the boards about to start your skate I think it's just words of encouragement, there's no last second coaching that will suddenly improve a jump. A quick YouTube search and at skate America last year it was Daniil and Eteri at the boards with Shcherbakova and it was Daniil that had her hands giving final instructions/words. Daniil might just be better at those last words for her to hear.
It's more on the warm up when Danny was demonstrating technique with his arms and saying things in between Anna's quad flip attempts just before it looked like Sergei Dudakov was going to talk. Sergei Dudakov just stayed quiet and looked down.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Late to the party, new upgrade for the forum in the meantime too.

Medvedeva switching to Tutberidze -> i think she did the right move. It wasn't going well with Orser (similar trajectory to Tursynbaeva), last outing was really rough and yes i can understand the injury, but not the level 1 spins, that seems lack of training which is understandable considering the situation. This move will help her both competitively, they'll try to make this work getting the jumps more consistent, and politically as Tutberidze skaters tend to get inflated marks especially in Russia.

Cup of Russia -> The calls here were very inconsistent and i don't agree with some of the decisions.

Shcherbakova won deservedly, i think she looked the strongest out there, smart switch (btw predicted at Test Skates, when some user here defended that underrotated quad flutz) to go for quad flip, at least for the edge, the full rotation is still missing to me. But overall she was skating better than the others, bigger, she was holding her spirals (except the skid spiral with no speed, that was a little awkward), unlike the others, she was performing a bit more too, and her spins were the best. TES a bit too high perhaps.

Frolova again looked very nice to me, i like her new free program, i like her balletic posture, she did very well here, second place, very consistent skater.

Khromykh above Talalaykina i don't agree, especially in the free. In general i could see Khromykh being a stronger skater, but here in the performance, in the free program Talalaykina did her job, yes there were some underrotations (as the others except they forgot to call!) but overall she kept it together, while Khromykh was a hot mess: all 3 combos were scrappy and forced, step-out on the 2a, fall on a 3ltz some of these other girls could land in a sleep, extremely off axis on the quad sal. Outside of Russia placement would have been different in this case, i'm pretty sure as we saw last season at JGP.

Last edited:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
While Anya was definitely way overscored (4F was UR, the 3Lo at the end of the combo might've been UR, but I didn't look too closely), I did enjoy this program. The new music fits better (but I like the old one more), and the costume is super pretty! The 9.35 in SS was way over, she lost her balance while doing some steps.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Congrats to the girls!

I like this music for Anna's FS sooo much more. As someone mentioned earlier, otherwise it was monotonous and plain boring for me.... It looks much better now, I quite like it.

Can someone explain to me how bonus points work here?
Bonus points in a Russian Cup are awarded for the landed hardest jumps as 4Lz, 4F and 4Lo and for the level 4 elements with at least +4 GOE across the board. For example Anna got 3 bonus points today, one for a quad flip and two for the spins.

Last edited:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
My opinion on Anna - Boring programs, same heartbroken face, excessive pre-rotation with ugly twsting and bending of the body, underrotations, breaking world records with bad technique.
Why are you going out of your way to put her down? She has her issues but you're making it sound as if she's the worst skater ever.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Thank you!
Bonus points in a Russian Cup are awarded for a landed hardest jumps as 4Lz, 4F and 4Lo and for the level 4 elements with at least +4 GOE across the board. For example Anna got 3 bonus points today, one for a quad flip and two for the spins.

brakes

On the Ice
While Anya was definitely way overscored (4F was UR, the 3Lo at the end of the combo might've been UR, but I didn't look too closely), I did enjoy this program. The new music fits better (but I like the old one more), and the costume is super pretty! The 9.35 in SS was way over, she lost her balance while doing some steps.
No it wasn't. It was rotated +1350 degrees evidently.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
My opinion on Anna - Boring programs, same heartbroken face, excessive pre-rotation with ugly twsting and bending of the body, underrotations, breaking world records with bad technique.
It's not a world record, these are local scores and always are inflated.

Looking forward to her next competition where you'll once again confirm whether her jumps still are pre-rotated or not. Honestly though, I don't get why you spend so much time on skaters you dislike. I tend to just completely skip skaters whose skating I don't enjoy, and I watch skaters I like instead. Have you given this a try? I mean she's my favorite skater but I imagine you've spent around 10 times longer watching her programs than I have, it just seems pretty backwards.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I am angry about Anna's situation simply because it is not fair. She is way too overscored. With this kind of overscoring she can beat Alyona who is million times better skater than Anna.

macy

Record Breaker
I am angry about Anna's situation simply because it is not fair. She is way too overscored. With this kind of overscoring she can beat Alyona who is million times better skater than Anna.
have you not seen the rest of the scores? EVERYONE was overscored. these are domestic competitions, it's how it goes, and it's how it will go at every single one of these competitions. Anna did not have a "situation" nor was favored with being rewarded higher scores than usual.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
No it wasn't. It was rotated +1350 degrees evidently.
Nope. If you watch that video you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. When the blade is landed, it's literally sideways, if it were rotated it would be facing forward, not to the right. She basically completes the missing about 1/2 or 1/3 on the ice, so that means it's UR. But again, just being able to land that 4F, and so effortlessly, is already amazing, especially this early on in the season.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Can't believe they gave Maiia 64 PCS for the performance when it looked like she wasn't even there mentally half the time and they gave Talalaykina a 61 for her really nice perf. A joke.

Overscored Anna again but at this point, it's a running joke. Congrats to her for winning. Evgenia should've def been here, an easy 2nd for her.
I was really impressed with Talalaykina's performance. I really was shocked the PCS was so low, the performance was fantastic. Also the Maleficent music choice only affirms what I thought in February: that the Maleficent soundtrack-- classical Russian sleeping beauty + dark theme would be the perfect choice for a Kostornaia Olympic FS.

On an unrelated note now that I bring up Kostornaia-- I want to see her skate to more Bond. The Skyfall program right before reminded me of Kostornaia's short program this year, and then I watched the whole thing imagining Kostornaia skating to it. OMG.

Still haven't gotten to the final three skaters yet, but I have to say I'm not a fan of Anna's FS dress. The SP one is so pretty so I had high expectations, and instead we got a slightly louder Medvedeva dress. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.