2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1174 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruga

Final Flight
And I thought there will be no more coaching drama this season...

But just how ridiculously strong is Eteri's team for the Olympic season! Six or seven realistic contenders, five of them have landed quads/3A in competition.

Novalis

Record Breaker
There's a separate thread now for this:

katymay

Medalist
They should. Considering Veronika's stalled progression. But I don't know if the mother is the problem
As far as Veronika, she has had the mother of all growth spurts. Maybe 6 inches. Also, when you are attempting too many high tech jumps, there is going to be inconsistency, especially when you are 12. The issue before was that Eteri would not take the sister, and I think I understand why she wouldn't-I'm not sure the sister is 'Eteri level' committed to training and competing, and I suspect the sister would be miserable with Eteri. Plushenko has a bunch of girls in their age group, so they have friends-unlike Trusova who had no one in her age group with Plushy.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does Mikhailov come with Sasha to TT?

Who coaches Sofia Petro and Liza B this season? They might as well bring young Sergey back as well because he's worked with two of those three girls as well as many of the seniors and helped them develop and EG and SD and DG can't work with seven senior ladies all the guys and boys they have and T and M and the top three novice to junior girls can they?

Eteri has almost assured herself of coaching the next Olympic gold medalist in the ladies discipline. Rika or whoever the top non Russian ladies Contender is will have to beat Sasha Anya and KV most likely and if one of them dont make the Olympic team then Aliona with her 3A back.

By the Olympics I see KV scoring about 90 points in the SP so the pressure she's going to put on the other top ladies is going to be massive from The Missile.

Sasha can score 240 to 260 points Anna can score 240 to 260 points and we think KV can score 240 to 260 points. And then you have Maya and Dasha and Jenna waiting in the wings. Unreal.

Since test skates evgenia aliona and Sasha have returned. The odds were like 10 million to 1 against that happening in the last nine months.

catherine21

Rinkside
Without a doubt, Eteri is the go to coach now in Russia atleast for single ladies. Amazing how all three of her super star skaters who left her are all back in her arms. It connotes that Evgenia, Alena, and Sasha believes that Eteri is a very good coach. Maybe if not for the pandemic, Zhenya might not have thought of leaving Brian but the fact that she decided to go to Eteri still means she believes Eteri is a very good coach. We may have our own opinions as to the sustainability of Eteri's methods etc. But I think, our opinions vary and differ. The athletes themselves are choosing to go back to Eteri.

Russian ladies skating is really the most exciting. The Russian Nations would be crazy!!!!!! I couldnt even give an intelligent guess as of now as to who will win although I'm kinda sure as to who will make the top 8. If I am one of the skaters, I'd go crazy thinking I can be number 1 or number 6 even if I do my routines perfectly. It's completely insane. Eteri girls are known to train hard and be at their maximum in every competition.

Russian nationals would be 1000000x more competitive and exciting than all of olympics and worlds combined. 🤭🤭🤭 stating a fact not an opinion. Can't imagine leaving any of the eteri girls out of the olympics. Each of them can literally win the olympics and worlds without any competition from other countries. (Worth mentioning that Rika's potential has never materialized and she's degressing so fast. Aside from her, all of the other ladies won't stand a chance even if the russians bomb their performance.)

I am so excited for the Russina Nationals but at the same time feels so worried for the girls bec the competition is insanely tight. Eteri is a super girl. I dont know how she handles this kind of pressure. The weight of the country is on her shoulders. It's insane! Madness!!! Absolute greatness!!

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
throwback to the discussion held in this thread earlier about who had the best season etc - it was this guy 🤣
40623.jpg

ELEk3k

Rinkside
Without a doubt, Eteri is the go to coach now in Russia atleast for single ladies. Amazing how all three of her super star skaters who left her are all back in her arms. It connotes that Evgenia, Alena, and Sasha believes that Eteri is a very good coach. Maybe if not for the pandemic, Zhenya might not have thought of leaving Brian but the fact that she decided to go to Eteri still means she believes Eteri is a very good coach. We may have our own opinions as to the sustainability of Eteri's methods etc. But I think, our opinions vary and differ. The athletes themselves are choosing to go back to Eteri.

Russian ladies skating is really the most exciting. The Russian Nations would be crazy!!!!!! I couldnt even give an intelligent guess as of now as to who will win although I'm kinda sure as to who will make the top 8. If I am one of the skaters, I'd go crazy thinking I can be number 1 or number 6 even if I do my routines perfectly. It's completely insane. Eteri girls are known to train hard and be at their maximum in every competition.

Russian nationals would be 1000000x more competitive and exciting than all of olympics and worlds combined. 🤭🤭🤭 stating a fact not an opinion. Can't imagine leaving any of the eteri girls out of the olympics. Each of them can literally win the olympics and worlds without any competition from other countries. (Worth mentioning that Rika's potential has never materialized and she's degressing so fast. Aside from her, all of the other ladies won't stand a chance even if the russians bomb their performance.)

I am so excited for the Russina Nationals but at the same time feels so worried for the girls bec the competition is insanely tight. Eteri is a super girl. I dont know how she handles this kind of pressure. The weight of the country is on her shoulders. It's insane! Madness!!! Absolute greatness!!
You have the opportunity to attend the Russian Championship at the end of 2021. It can be a great new year trip to the decorated St. Petersburg, and tickets for the championship will cost no more than $ 20.:party2:

Also, within a year, the Russian government plans to simplify the period for issuing electronic visas to several days, and flying tickets pretty cheap from Europe to Saint-Petersburg.

Last edited:

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
I don't know if I necessarily agree with the whole "it all comes down to Nationals". If 1 of the assumed current favorites for the team were to have good showings at their GP events and GPF but then under-perform at Nationals, I think the Fed would bring in the much loved:laugh2: body of work argument to decide if that skater should still go to Europeans/Olympics. I mean theoretically if they went with the top 3 age-eligible skaters for Nationals goes to Europeans, then if someone under-performs they have to solidify their Olympic team spot at the cup final would likely be the best case scenario for the least amount of drama than bringing in the body of work argument in to determine the team but Feds don't do that because they want to have the final say in who goes. My understanding (and that's based on what I've read on here) is that usually only the top 2 finishers at nationals are guaranteed spots at Europeans, everything else is subject to the coach's council.
I think only in an extreme case. Say the GPF podium is Valieva/Shcherbakova/Kostornaia and Valieva scores something like 265 points. If at nationals Valieva bombs and ends up 4th I could see them making an exception and sending her. But it’s something like Kostornaia ends up in 4th and Trusova is 3rd I don’t think they’ll prioritize a GPF bronze over a nationals bronze

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Berestovskaya did not pass the tp test, was not accepted by TT in the end, and has joined AoP.
I never understood why Eteri even bothered giving her trial period. She is the weakest skater of Davydov's. Her jump technique is going to break down soon and her skating skills are really poor. She has a very demonstrative face, but choreography requires more than OTT facial expressions. If anything, a technical coach like Plushy is probably the best place to go to for her, but she's likely on the verge of losing all her jumps. Too bad for her, but she was never going to be good enough for TeamTut.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I never understood why Eteri even bothered giving her trial period. She is the weakest skater of Davydov's. Her jump technique is going to break down soon and her skating skills are really poor. She has a very demonstrative face, but choreography requires more than OTT facial expressions. If anything, a technical coach like Plushy is probably the best place to go to for her, but she's likely on the verge of losing all her jumps. Too bad for her, but she was never going to be good enough for TeamTut.
She is a talented skater.

There are rumours they just don't have space for her not that she didn't make it on her own merits.

I think the returns of Aliona and Sasha changed that. And Eteri's group can teach quads and choreography..

Status
Not open for further replies.