2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Anybody knows, what is with Vladimir Samoilov? He did not compete at any stage of Russian Cup this year (also is not on the Stage 4 preliminary list). Last year he won 1st stage of Cup with massive score, landing 4Lutz and couple of other quads...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Could not find any news on him newer than Sept 5, when Butsayeva explained something about his new programs.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
as always, speedy recovery to Samarin

edit: holy cow, that Samoilov guy had a coach a year...

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Anybody knows, what is with Vladimir Samoilov? He did not compete at any stage of Russian Cup this year (also is not on the Stage 4 preliminary list). Last year he won 1st stage of Cup with massive score, landing 4Lutz and couple of other quads...

Not sure if it is this reason, but maybe he hasn't been able to train? A couple of weeks ago Butsaeva mentioned that Moskvich is closed due to the latest pandemic measures and that only the national teams members were allowed to train (at that rink: Yablokov, Vetlugin). Samoilov isn't a current national team member I think.

leilaraj

On the Ice
Does anyone know what’s going on with Andrey Lazukin? Heard nothing about him this season and wanted to check out his insta, he hasn‘t been active since 2019. Is he injured? And are him and Liza still dating? (I know, I‘m nosey)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what’s going on with Andrey Lazukin? Heard nothing about him this season and wanted to check out his insta, he hasn‘t been active since 2019. Is he injured? And are him and Liza still dating? (I know, I‘m nosey)
Yes, there was was a post recently confirming that he is injured and will not compete, unfortunately.

edit: post #449 of this thread with citing Russian source

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Intriguingly, one of the participants seem to represent a school specializing in summer sports, unless I misread the abbreviation, which I probably do. I feel like rooting for the guy though just for that.

haribobo

On the Ice
Senior Men- Russia Cup Standings

These 9 are looking definite for Nationals:

Kovalev 1 1
Mozalev 2 2
Ignatov 3 3
Semenenko 4 1
Kolyada 1
Samarin 2
Aliev 3
Gumennik 3
Savosin 2 6
-------
These 2 also look very likely or definite:
Yablokov 4 4
Lezheev 5 5
---------
And then 7 of:
Shulepov 4 7
Varakin 6 6
Erokhov 5
Rukhin 5
Murashov 5
Kondratyuk 8 7
M Petrov 7 11
Murzin 8
Danielian bye?

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think men's did good yesterday ( well maybe try not to put everybody skating to the same song in the LP .. it was french day) .. every stage more 4 appears landed .. and looks like finally there is competition in russia
And I found a new skater to like Murzin .. I hope he can qualify to next stage

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I think men's did good yesterday ( well maybe try not to put everybody skating to the same song in the LP .. it was french day) .. every stage more 4 appears landed .. and looks like finally there is competition in russia
And I found a new skater to like Murzin .. I hope he can qualify to next stage
I almost miss the Queen overload of earlier stages :LOL: Oh but the Junior men will bring us some tomorrow, certainly :p
Yes Murzin was a total surprise, 2 different quads (one looks like a 2nd-half YOLO jump) and good 3As to boot - from a summer sports school you say? Cool beans! Hope he qualifies for Nats.
A bit disappointed by Sviridenko but sort of understandable given the impromptu coach change.
Mozalev and his trusty comebacks 💪 Although epic as they are, for the sake of my heart I hope he has better luck with the 4F from now on!
ETA: nice to see Rukhin again, looks like he's matured a fair bit - hope the back is healing up alright!

Interestingly Yablokov seems to change edge between jumps in toe combos like Valieva. Kudriavtsev is their grand-coach, wonder if that has to do with anything...

LRK

Record Breaker
And here I was thinking this was The Season of Queen as far as Russian men were concerned - but I'm starting to think that Notre Dame de Paris is giving Queen a run for their money.

(It was rather funny. when one program started I just heard the initial "trrrring!" of the music and I thought to myself: "It's Notre Dame de Paris, isn't it?";) )

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi guys! Wasn’t able to log into the forums for days now, so just wanted to quickly expel a cheer for Mozalev, then express hope that he flips silver to gold (I can dream, right?) and say that lol, I was joking about that guy from the summer sports school in Nijniy, but he came through. That Murzin did really remarkably well, so I wish him continuing improvement!

okay, have to go buy another cake, because to keep the family from grumbling about figure skating, I buy a cake every time Mozalev medals second year running. It’s a simple, effective strategy.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the young gentlemen’s free yet, but I am hoping Dikidji was taking notes while watching Mozalev, and that Anisomov manages to skate his free admiringly this time!

now, I am pressing post and praying!

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
okay, have to go buy another cake, because to keep the family from grumbling about figure skating, I buy a cake every time Mozalev medals second year running. It’s a simple, effective strategy.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the young gentlemen’s free yet, but I am hoping Dikidji was taking notes while watching Mozalev, and that Anisomov manages to skate his free admiringly this time!
I hope Mozalev brings your family a lot of cake in the next couple of years 😆

Just caught up with the last group of young men, it was a pretty good day for them! You'll be pleased...