2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Artem was pretty good apart from the first two jumping passes (poor Volkov, wincing painfully in the replay). I really liked his step sequence and the new bit added afterward to lengthen the programme for seniors (choreo sequence?)

Murashov is fast and powerful like many of Butsaeva's students but his 3A takeoff scares me so much :eek:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Sviridenko interview https://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles...nij-figurist-pereekhal-iz-peterburga-v-moskvu
"I came to skate with Plushenko." How a 19-year-old skater moved from St. Petersburg to Moscow
The first goal is to get into the Russian national team
Yay, more news on Leonid! Sounds like an achievable goal if he can improve his consistency.
I wonder if he wants to join the Queen party too, we could do with more Freddie Mercuries at seniors...

ETA: He only thought about it 2 two weeks ago and decided over that weekend? Wow. Well, it's sort of understandable to want to move away from home/make major life changes at that age... Also he's the only adult student in Plushy's academy (though Kovalev can compete domestically with him), so that will be interesting.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I finally caught up to the juniors from Syzran’ —top three were pretty fun and different. I guess Popov is working on a bad boy vibe? Cool. Golubev though had my favourite music choices. And, grats to Ugozhaev.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tutberidze's student Samsonov is recovering and preparing to perform at the stages of the Russian Cup
Two-time Russian junior champion figure skater Daniil Samsonov is preparing to compete in the last two stages of the Russian Figure Skating Cup, which will be held in Kazan and Moscow. This was reported to TASS by the mother of the skater Ekaterina Samsonova.
"Danya plans to perform in the fourth and fifth stages of the cup, these tournaments were chosen by the coaches in such a way as to give him the opportunity to recover. He was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter disease, and we still need time to forget about this problem," said the mother athlete.

According to Samsonova, on the recommendation of doctors Daniil missed three weeks. "We did physiotherapy, were completely removed from physical activity. Danya returned to the ice three weeks ago: the first week he rolled in, two - he works according to an individual schedule."

"Of course, from the bench it was hard for him to look at the ice, where other children were skating, and here I have to say a huge thank you to our coaches. They helped the child realize the importance of the fact that sometimes it is better to release the situation somewhere in order to give the body the opportunity to recover and go to peak form for the necessary starts. That there is no need to speed up the preparation, because in the end you may be left without the opportunity to do what you love," Samsonova emphasized.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a picture of Rukhin
He competed 2 days ago out of competition (no vids) so I'm assuming he is good to go for Cup 2.

Erokhov skated somewhere else (Sambo70), out of competition. He is scheduled for Cup 2.
SP https://youtu.be/ohNnt2bSCtE
FP Is the last on this video https://m.vk.com/video-78970490_456239242?list=7f21a86a5e05b668e5&from=wall-78970490_2775

Jr Boys at Sambo70 competition also includes Lukin and Vetlugin. Fedotov was there too but he skated earlier. Six SP are here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRn-YbPOLNcqEpb325Blj5Q

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

European champion Aliyev intends to perform at the stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi​

"Now it's too early to talk about his full recovery, until we see his whole skates, it's too early, we are working out the programs in small pieces. We are preparing for the third stage in Sochi, for us this tournament is in force. We will start skating the whole programs next week, then everything will be more or less clear, "Rukavitsyn said.

In the pre-Olympic season, the athlete returned to his Olympic short program "Masquerade", with which he finished fifth at the 2018 Pyeongchang Games before the free program. “It seems to me that Dima, skating Masquerade, is a little inspired. Of course, now it is psychologically difficult for him - he really wants to return to full-fledged work as soon as possible, but due to health problems he still has serious restrictions on training , and this, of course, is very annoying. You just need to wait a little ", - said the coach.

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Tutberidze's student Samsonov is recovering and preparing to perform at the stages of the Russian Cup

Good to hear. I knew a young male skaters with Osgood-Schlatter disease, apparently it's pretty common during growth spurts and resolves with time :)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Here's a picture of Rukhin
He competed 2 days ago out of competition (no vids) so I'm assuming he is good to go for Cup 2.

Erokhov skated somewhere else (Sambo70), out of competition. He is scheduled for Cup 2.
SP https://youtu.be/ohNnt2bSCtE
FP Is the last on this video https://m.vk.com/video-78970490_456239242?list=7f21a86a5e05b668e5&from=wall-78970490_2775

Jr Boys at Sambo70 competition also includes Lukin and Vetlugin. Fedotov was there too but he skated earlier. Six SP are here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRn-YbPOLNcqEpb325Blj5Q
Yay, finally a landed 3A and 4T together in the same FP from Vetlugin (I think he did it just once last season). The other 2 out of 3 axels were not great but, well, you don't watch Matvei for the jumps (yet) :p I wonder why they took the 2nd 4T out when he does it better than a 3A. And the new jacket looks good - leather seems to be in fashion this season :biggrin:

Nice to see Erokhov again, looking forward to him and Rukhin at Cup 2 (fingers crossed)!

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Figure Skating Schools Subordinated to Moskomsport Closed Due to Coronavirus

As the Moscow figure skating federation told "SE", from October 5, skating rinks and sports facilities under the jurisdiction of the Moscow Sports Department will be closed. Thus, in figure skating, this means limitations in the work of Sambo-70, Moskvich, Megasport and most other institutions. At the same time, representatives of the national teams can continue to work on the same ice.

This is how they work at Moskvich, said school coach Victoria Butsaeva: -

"We now have six people on the ice, only national team members. Among them are Murashov, Yablokov, we are preparing for the Russian Cup. On Erokhov we are solving the issue, he was announced this year for "Sambo-70". The school is officially closed, but national team members are allowed to train. The director said that work should resume on October 19, but you yourself understand that this is not certain," - said Butsayeva.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Kogan: FFKKR cannot guarantee the holding of the Grand Prix stage in Moscow​

The Grand Prix stage is to be held in Moscow from 20 to 22 November

The Figure Skating Federation of Russia (FFKKR) currently cannot guarantee the holding of the Grand Prix stage in Moscow due to the unstable epidemiological situation. The general director of the federation, Alexander Kogan, announced this to journalists.
https://tass.ru/sport/9604915
The Grand Prix stage is to be held in Moscow from November 20 to 22.
"It is premature to talk about forecasts for the Grand Prix stage," said Kogan.

Kogan also added that at present it is impossible to give guarantees that the second stage of the Russian Cup, which is scheduled for October 10-13 in Moscow, will be held with spectators.

Competitions in Moscow, so far, have not been cancelled (Cup II, Rostelecom, and Cup V). Interesting to see what happens to non-team members training in Moscow trying to qualify to nationals at the next 2 cup events, not everyone can go to Cup 4 or 5 due to limitations on # of participants.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, gosh. If they can’t train, they shouldn’t compete, it’s just too dangerous.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
(Groan) I didn’t get up in time for men’s short, and by some reason they only have 4 separate programs not the whole thing. Aww.