2020-21 Team China Updates | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Team China Updates

yqs100

On the Ice
even though sui/han are on the list coc, i doubt they would be able to show up.... hope cong can take time to recover rather than hurry to show up....

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
even though sui/han are on the list coc, i doubt they would be able to show up.... hope cong can take time to recover rather than hurry to show up....
Don't worry, they will withdraw if Cong is not ready to compete. They were on list of GP participants after the season when Sui underwent surgeries on both legs and then withdrew and began the season at the FCC. No one in Chinese fed will risk the health of their top pair in this mad season before the home olympics.

yqs100

On the Ice
New programs for team China

Sui/ Han no new program. keep one program from last year, and also one from previous seasons
Peng/Jin Keep last year's long program Cloud Atlas. Short program - Somewhere in Time choreographed by Marie-France Dubreuil

Boyang Jin
Music Short Program as of season 2020/2021 by Shae Lynn Bourne
Trio 1 in D by Kirill Richter
Mechanisms by Kirill Richter
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2020/2021 By Lori Nichol
House of the Rising Sun performed by The House on Cliff

Hongyi Chen cheorographed by Lori Nichol
Music Short Program as of season 2020/2021
Love Theme (from "Cinema Paradiso" soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2020/2021
I Have the Strength to Fly by Xiaoduo Cheng

saturdaysun

On the Ice
I'm just seeing the news that Sui/Han are re-using a program from a past season. Oh please oh please let it be Bridge Over Troubled Water. I need to have a clean version of that program. Their masterpiece, IMO.

It was fun to see all the skaters at Cup of China! Some thoughts:

Peng/Jin's Cloud Atlas gets better every time I see it and every time they skate it. Love that she seems to be nailing the triple salchow with more consistency now, and hopefully the errors on the toeloop are just a fluke. They are becoming real rivals to Sui/Han and it's super exciting.

Likewise, it was great to see Hongyi land her lutzes with more consistency too. Zhang Siyang was a real revelation. Hopefully she can rotate her jumps more; she already has the charm and artistry.

Boyang's lutz is back! Please get Yan Han some new programs...

Not sure how to feel yet about the changes to Wang/Liu's Black Swan. They got rid of their iconic straight line lift, which is sad. I know they have to change it up eventually but the new lift looks much more generic and like something any other team can do now.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm just seeing the news that Sui/Han are re-using a program from a past season. Oh please oh please let it be Bridge Over Troubled Water. I need to have a clean version of that program. Their masterpiece, IMO.

It was fun to see all the skaters at Cup of China! Some thoughts:

Peng/Jin's Cloud Atlas gets better every time I see it and every time they skate it. Love that she seems to be nailing the triple salchow with more consistency now, and hopefully the errors on the toeloop are just a fluke. They are becoming real rivals to Sui/Han and it's super exciting.

Likewise, it was great to see Hongyi land her lutzes with more consistency too. Zhang Siyang was a real revelation. Hopefully she can rotate her jumps more; she already has the charm and artistry.

Boyang's lutz is back! Please get Yan Han some new programs...

Not sure how to feel yet about the changes to Wang/Liu's Black Swan. They got rid of their iconic straight line lift, which is sad. I know they have to change it up eventually but the new lift looks much more generic and like something any other team can do now.
That will never happen unless there is a significant decrease in the performance of S/H along with a rise in consistency from P/J. Besides taking any of the politiking away from S/H, even just a little, could potentially leave them vulnerable to the Russians if the competition were to be close. It would have to become undeniable for the Chinse fed. to start pushing P/J as small rivals to S/H domestically or internationally.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
That will never happen unless there is a significant decrease in the performance of S/H along with a rise in consistency from P/J. Besides taking any of the politiking away from S/H, even just a little, could potentially leave them vulnerable to the Russians if the competition were to be close. It would have to become undeniable for the Chinse fed. to start pushing P/J as small rivals to S/H domestically or internationally.
I'm not saying to push P/J over S/H politically and make no mistake, S/H are not just my favorite pair, they're my favorite skaters, period. But this ain't ice dance. P/J already beat S/H in both the SP and FS in international competition last season. I would say that makes them legit rivals. If their jump consistency keeps improving and who knows where injuries may leave S/H yet again, it may not be up to the fed -- just like T/M getting dethroned in Russia wasn't up to the fed.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Can Yan Han please get new programs? I maybe biased because I don't like "A Thousand Years" or the "La La Land" songs; I am not a fan of these two programs. And recycling them for a third season is too much, IMO, although the circumstances do make the recycling understandable.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Team China has been announced for Worlds:

Men: Boyang JIN, Han YAN, Sub: Yudong CHEN

Ladies: Hongyi CHEN, Sub: Shan LIN

Pairs: Wenjing SUI/Cong HAN, Cheng PENG/Yang JIN, Yuchen WANG/Yihang HUANG

Ice Dance: Shiyue WANG/Xinyu LIU

Last edited:

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Ooooh I cannot describe how nervous I am for Sui/Han.

@Skatesocs Sorry for not seeing your previous message until now -- I wish I could find the source of the original photo! It's from their iconic 2017/2018 Mika free dance.