2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I will remember Alaine.... as the first Canadian girl to show up with a 3lz-3toe... Correct me if I am wrong... I thought back then... finally, Canadian ladies are reaching the others !!! However, that feeling started to erode quickly in the last few years. In any case, I was lucky to see Alaine skate live : huge huge huge huge jumps, amazing speed... Fearless. Incredibly weird but interesting spins ;) Loved these spins.

I thought she had already retired. I guess, she was keeping her options open. I met one of her coaches once at an event, and Alaine came to sit next to her for a while. I am not the kind to ask for autographs or to impose my presence but it was nice to see her from that close and to hear her conversation. Very nice, genuine, down to Earth human. Bravo for your career and for who you are <3

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's been a while since I last saw them, but I thought I would see them again. Sad about this, but health is the important thing. And it's clear that health issues were the problem. :cry::cry:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Evelyn & Trennt are getting their new free program choreographed by Lane & Razgulajevs (who are, in my opinion, greatly underused as outside choreographers by Toronto skaters).

I had been thinking earlier that they might keep their Cirque free, which was only used once, but since Eric choreographed that it's perhaps obvious why they would have wanted something else.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are reports circulating on Russian forums that Nicolas Nadeau is switching to pairs. There haven't been any inklings of this from local sources, as far I've seen, but we'll see whether there's any truth to it eventually.

Apple1078

Final Flight
There are reports circulating on Russian forums that Nicolas Nadeau is switching to pairs. There haven't been any inklings of this from local sources, as far I've seen, but we'll see whether there's any truth to it eventually.
I think he could do well in pairs so I hope it's true.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope it's true.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Doesn’t Nic’s sister (or cousin, maybe?) skate pairs? Maybe she is looking for a partner.
Stranger things than that have happened.

peese

Medalist
I wonder if it could be Norm Profts daughter Emmanuelle? She lives close to the border and does 3 Sal, toe and loop. Reverse jumper. Not overly tall. She competed in Sr Ladies at this yrs Challenge. Did not skate great at all but is very talented! Would be a wonderful match.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I wonder if it could be Norm Profts daughter Emmanuelle? She lives close to the border and does 3 Sal, toe and loop. Reverse jumper. Not overly tall. She competed in Sr Ladies at this yrs Challenge. Did not skate great at all but is very talented! Would be a wonderful match.
i thought of her too but couldn't remember her name ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hey Mister! Hope all is well. They could be quite good!!!
i am good my friend ;) yes. Also, Nic, though he has been in our eyes and minds for a while, is only 23. If they aim for a full cycle, he'd still be quite young. It's probably a good option for him, if he wants to keep doing the sport, considering his injuries which prevent him from doing a lutz and stable quads...

Last edited:

peese

Medalist
i am good my friend ;) yes. Also, Nic though he has been in our eyes and minds for a while, is only 23. If they aim for a full cycle, he'd still be quite young. It's probably a good option for him, if he wants to keep doing the sport, considering his injuries which prevent him from doing a lutz and stable quads...
My lord...I keep forgetting how young Nic and alot of our guys are! They could do 2 cycles!!

yyzskater

On the Ice
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from her Instagram account, they are dating...