2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

BearryBear

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Is maddie competing this week? She posted about it on her Instagram story.

Gabby posted about it on her Instagram too. When someone asked what competition, she replied "a summer one". lol so who knows. I just want to see videos.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
NextGen camp has posted the start orders for next week's camp and simulation (which also includes some senior competitors), which implicitly tells you most or all of the people on NextGen (I say "most" because Gogolev isn't on the men's list, but who ever knows what's going on with him?).

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
NextGen camp has posted the start orders for next week's camp and simulation (which also includes some senior competitors), which implicitly tells you most or all of the people on NextGen (I say "most" because Gogolev isn't on the men's list, but who ever knows what's going on with him?).
He's been spotted in Toronto! :)

Also I'm so happy we'll get to see Kaiya skating again soon! Can't believe it's only a month to go now!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

A bit of awkwardness from Emmy & Aissa in their first competition in quite a while, but such a fun program. Miku & Tyler come out on top by about half a point in the scores.

A lot of this program had to be muted or else it'd get autobanned by YouTube.

Last edited:

Ziotic

Medalist
Impressive cuts for M/G, that song is really suggestive but they managed to get PG lyrics!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Didn’t Kaiya Ruiter compete senior for challenge?
Yes. But since she's going on the JGP this season again, it makes sense to rehearse her junior program. She doesn't need to do the senior program until it's time to earn her ticket to nationals.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Really cool program, even if Emmy & Aissa still look rusty. There's a Fear/Gibson-esque lift there that I wouldn't have thought they could pull off (I'm still really uncertain if this partnership will continue to be viable long-term).

Researching the music for Nadiia & Peter's program to identify it properly gave me a much better understanding of what that program is about (it's two Russian folk songs about a soldier and his girl back home).

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
re the RD : i loved the extension during the pattern for Tyler... they were definitely the cleanest them. Well deserved score. I am not sure I liked the other 3 programs so much... I did like Emmy's and Aiisa's but then, the fall ruined a lot of it...and they were not as sharp... normal, it's a brand new program and i think they were injured last year as well...

now, i am not one of those who think that they are ill-matched as she keeps growing and he isn't growing that much. When i saw them in person, he is a very sturdy boy... and she is very slender and elegant... it's not all about height difference... there is weight difference. If H/B of G/F can do it, i don't see why B/B cannot, especially since he seems to get stronger and stronger every year.
Cannot wait to see them all skate when things are less messy :)

My least favourites of the four were Carol's BB team. I don't know... i think it's a question of personal taste perhaps as I recognize their talent and skillset... I just connect less with them than the other 3 teams.