2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 US Women's Figure Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
If Alysa can get herself on the Podium at Skate Canada, it will be HUGE! Lot's of talent in that lineup of skaters and if she can break the Russian stranglehold, it would be great for her confidence. She will need to keep those Olympic Judges Attention and this would be a nice opportunity to make that happen.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah Karen hasn't been all that great internationally either and does poorly during the GP where she's never come close to a medal and overall doesn't have many medals to her name. This isn't like when Ashley bumped Mirai off the team in 2014 Wagner had the medals and international record to back it up but if say Amber finishes 3rd at Nationals and Karen 4th they should not send Karen.
Karen did well at Finlandia.

readernick

Medalist
Yes, but Finlandia had extremely lenient tech calling and incredibly inflated GOEs and PCS. Let's see how she does at her GPs. If she continues scoring over 200, that will be a great lift to her chances!

Amei

Record Breaker

She did do well at Finlandia and her biggest asset about that competition is that she was up against the same international judging panel (which was very forgiving and generous) and scored almost 20 points more than Amber.

I think the point @Jammers was trying to make was that Karen doesn't have a body of work to justify bypassing (a second year in a row) a competitor that outskated her at Nationals.

mrrice

Record Breaker
She did do well at Finlandia and her biggest asset about that competition is that she was up against the same international judging panel (which was very forgiving and generous) and scored almost 20 points more than Amber.

I think the point @Jammers was trying to make was that Karen doesn't have a body of work to justify bypassing (a second year in a row) a competitor that outskated her at Nationals.
100%

halulupu

Final Flight
i'm very happy for Amber, she was finally able to put out two solid performances on the international scene. this could be a nice springboard for her, but keyword= COULD. she skated lights out and she still wasn't able to break the top half of competitors...she has a lot of work to do outside of the 3A. she's gotta hit her levels and go for a harder technical layout. i'm not sure why she isn't doing lutz combos, her lutz is fine. however i do think she deserved higher PCS than she was given. she really does leave everything out there on the ice and wears her heart on her sleeve. she knows how to draw you in when she has a great performance.
I agree. She barely hit the 200 with two clean skate. Her BV is relatively low, pcs wise a nice fed push would help a bit. But not sure if they are willing to push her

Amei

Record Breaker
Bradie has withdrawn from GP Italy ☹️

Well when you think about it, Skate America was last week, GP Italy is next week, 2 weeks is not a lot of time. It makes me think she is not far along in the recovery process of her injury, why else not even attempt to skate (at either event) with a watered down jump content, fine you don't medal (and honestly even with her standard layout medaling would have been a stretch) but you get miles on the programs.

Lzbee

Final Flight
Bradie has quite a few challengers lined up so she'll have opportunities to compete. Hoping that she'll be healthy by then.

Amber's base value was very low at Skate America at 55. Only Audrey and Starr had less than her. She can increase her it by 6 points just by doing 2 lutzes and two triple-triple combos. That's the same amount as swapping one of her 2A for a 3A.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Amber's base value was very low at Skate America at 55. Only Audrey and Starr had less than her. She can increase her it by 6 points just by doing 2 lutzes and two triple-triple combos. That's the same amount as swapping one of her 2A for a 3A.
She's one of the few skaters who doesn't do all the triples through the lutz, so without the 3S or the 3A she's going to have to rely a lot on errors from other skaters. I'm not sure if it's a jump she's done in the past and only recently decided to leave it out of her competitive programs. It's a bit perplexing because she doesn't have problems with edge jumps (great 3Lo and 2A) nor the inside edge take-off (great 3F).

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm still not too worried about Bradie Tennell. Remember when Michelle Kwan skipped the entire 2003 GP after her Win at Worlds in 2003. She came back and Won Nationals even though Sasha had been favored going in. Bradie needs to let her body heal if she has any chance of making the Olympic Team. I still believe that a Healthy Bradie is second only to Alysa when all the skaters are healthy.

readernick

Medalist
She's one of the few skaters who doesn't do all the triples through the lutz, so without the 3S or the 3A she's going to have to rely a lot on errors from other skaters. I'm not sure if it's a jump she's done in the past and only recently decided to leave it out of her competitive programs. It's a bit perplexing because she doesn't have problems with edge jumps (great 3Lo and 2A) nor the inside edge take-off (great 3F).
It's weird isn't it? I was also wondering this. Her edge jumps are really good ( I mean she can land 3As in practice and her loop is obviously her favorite jump) and she used to do a 2aEu3S so why isn't she doing it now? Why would the 3S cause her particular trouble? I hope she changes her layout to include the 3S. Actually she doesn't need the 3A to score over 210, she needs the 3S, better quality in the SP, and to get her levels.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bradie has quite a few challengers lined up so she'll have opportunities to compete. Hoping that she'll be healthy by then.

To be honest i'm not Amber could handle a more difficult technical program and still be clean maybe that's why she watered it down. That's what has made Bradie and Alysa so tough is they push themselves and can do the difficult jumps and still be clean or close to clean most of the time.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Stand alone triple axels in practice yes, but i don't recall her landing a clean 1 in competition.
Exactly.......Until she lands one in front of judges, in competition, It's still just a dream. A nice dream but, a dream.

Last edited: