2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lili1122

Rinkside

Joti Polizoakis announces he's partnered with Denisa Cimlova, will be skating for CZE rather than GER, and they are training with Barbara Fusar-Poli as well as Roberto Pelizzola, Lukas Csolley, and Corrado Giordani

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m so curious where they will go! Will be interesting to see how Diana (and I’m assuming Gleb) will be received as members of team USA…

When and if it is officially announced about Diana and Gleb, they will compete for spots like everyone else. No bonuses, and as part of the fed with the strongest ice dancing program.

But like everyone else, if it's true about Caroline and Michael, I want to know where they went. :)

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
TSL is reporting evidence that Gleb and Diana filed for a marriage license months ago, so they may already be married. Without a release from Rusfed, D&G will have to wait 2 years before competing internationally for the U.S. However, they may be eligible to skate at Worlds as soon as 2023 or 2024. Under immigration rules, with Gleb married to Diana, he could become a U.S. citizen as early as 2025, paving the way for the 2026 Olympics.

Chock/Bates may only be committed to continuing for another year or two. We'll see. I'm most interested in how Ian Somerville will be able to advance with his partner, Emily Bratti, over the next four years. At the moment, I think the top three current U.S. ice dance teams are better than Diana/ Gleb. It's possible that Carriera/ Ponomarenko and Bratti/ Somerville may be more vulnerable to direct competition from D&G. Although, for me, Ian Somerville is the standout talent among this entire 2nd tier U.S. group individually.

ZeldaJo21

Rinkside
TSL is reporting evidence that Gleb and Diana filed for a marriage license months ago, so they may already be married. Without a release from Rusfed, D&G will have to wait 2 years before competing internationally for the U.S. However, they may be eligible to skate at Worlds as soon as 2023 or 2024. Under immigration rules, with Gleb married to Diana, he could become a U.S. citizen as early as 2025, paving the way for the 2026 Olympics.

Chock/Bates may only be committed to continuing for another year or two. We'll see. I'm most interested in how Ian Somerville will be able to advance with his partner, Emily Bratti, over the next four years. At the moment, I think the top three current U.S. ice dance teams are better than Diana/ Gleb. It's possible that Carriera/ Ponomarenko and Bratti/ Somerville may be more vulnerable to direct competition from D&G. Although, for me, Ian Somerville is the standout talent among this entire 2nd tier U.S. group individually.
I saw a few days ago on Diana’s IG acct a pic of she & Gleb and it appears he is wearing what looks like a wedding band on his ring finger! I thought to myself are they now married???

I am actually interested in seeing how well Molly Cesanek/Yegor develop further now that they have switched to MIDA! They have awesome chemistry together, which I’m beginning to think might be a real thing between them as well.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Any news of Isabella Flores? Has she found a new partner?
Yes. It's mentioned in the partner split/switch thread. I believe his name is Ivan Desyatov. Check Isabella's Instagram for a video clip, though I don't think they made a formal announcement yet.

Ivan used to compete for Belarus with Ekaterina Andreeva, but he's Russian. I posted some clips of Ivan & Katia on the JGP circuit in the partner split/switch thread.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cross posting from the Partner Changes thread:
Emilea Zingas, who previously skated singles for Cyprus, has switched to ice dance to partner Vadym Kolesnik for the US.

And now I am cross-posting from that thread too! :p

If anybody wants to see how Emilea Zingas is getting on with her transition to Ice Dancing, a series of videos have been uploaded by Keiffer Hubbell (as in Madison's brother / former partner) during the past couple of weeks of Emilea doing some pattern dances with Keiffer and Vadym.

All the links are in the following post that I just put up over in the Fan Fest forum:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2988705

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Status
Not open for further replies.