2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Women's FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Women's FS

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
The "Happy Titanic Performance" is becoming a trademark of Japanese ladies skaters moving on with their lives. First Miyu Nakasio, now Oba.

They said that her motivation for continuing was to perform this program at Nationals. She must have been on pins and needles waiting for the last performance to see if she could slide in...

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
The "Happy Titanic Performance" is becoming a trademake of Japanese ladies skaters moving on with their lives. First Miyu Nakasio, now Oba.

They said that her motivation for continuing was to perform this program at Nationals. She must have been on pins and needles waiting for the last performance to see if she could slide in...
To the very end too, since the last skater missed the FS cut and let Miyabi in. I would've loved to have been there when she found out she was going to free.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I think Miyabi used to try 3A, and she can do 2A-3L (not in the program). It's good she gets to skate the FS in the last season.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! The 24th ranked skater landed two 2A 3Ts and already has a technical score in the mid 50’s.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nana was so good! I loved her performance. She won her sectional and it is nice to see her have a good free skate. She had a solid year. I hope this can move her up to top 12 placement.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I love the variety of programs in Japan. Watching Russian Nationals yesterday, I was struck by how similar all of the short programs were to each other.
Yes. I agree. The variety of coaches makes a difference. Everyone has their own style. Also, I’m enjoying the judging in this event so far. Wish they gave their skaters better PCS scores though.