2021-22 Japanese Women's Figure Skating | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Women's Figure Skating

KiraraChin

Medalist
Thank you for the clips @el henry !

I'm SUPER excited to see the results of this collaboration, as I love both Kaori's skating and Rohene's choreography! I'm also so proud of her for taking on this challenge, Rohene's choreography is so exquisite and it takes a lot of skill to pull it off (hence why he and Jason are such a good match).

At this stage of her career, as the World Champion and OBM, she could have stayed in the comfort zone, but instead she decided to work with a new choreographer. Hopefully this will open the path for more Japanese skaters to work with Rohene too :love2:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Yes, please🙏
Sorry for the delay

Since all the Novice Girls who participated in Bloom On Ice just skated their new programs at Kansai Novice Competition that was held this week I've decided to share those videos instead
Reina Kawakatsu who only participated in group numbers during BOI also debuted her new FS at this competition

Each category was split into two groups (A1, A2 and B1, B2)
I uploaded video of top finishers with relatively notable results (which happens to be mostly Kinoshita Academy / Kyoto Uji FSC skaters)

Novice B Girls (Group 1)
1st) 金 沢 純 禾 Sumika Kanazawa ~Yellow River Concerto~
Results
Protocols

Novice A Girls (Group 1)
1st) 乾 汐 希 Shione Inui ~Strong by Sonne Rele (Cinderella OST)~
Results
Protocols

Novice A Girls (Group 2) These 3 will be first year Novice A
1st) 河 野 莉々愛 Riria Kono ~La Strada~
2nd) 鈴 木 華 乃 Hanano Suzuki ~Butterfly Lovers Concerto~
3rd) 川 勝 玲 奈 Reina Kawakatsu ~Kill Bill~
Results
Protocols

Lake Cup (a FS only competition) was also held this week in the same arena
Though Sakurako Daimon and Ikura Kushida both debuted what appears to be new SPs during BOI they skated their current long programs at this competition
Ayumi Shibayama was also scheduled to compete but withdrew from the event

Junior Women
1st) 大 門 桜 子 Sakurako Daimon ~Piazzolla Medley~
2nd) 櫛 田 育 良 Ikura Kushida ~Samson and Delilah (Saint-Saëns)~
3rd) 村 上 遥 奈 Haruna Murakami ~Music from the movie Australia~ (New FS) Poor girl, actually performed this program better at BOI in the dark, under spotlights
Results
Protocols

Haven't watched the Seniors at Lake Cup yet
Let me know if there are other skaters from either competition anyone would like to see
Planning to link a few videos in the Japanese Men's thread too

n1co

Rinkside
Sorry for the delay

Since all the Novice Girls who participated in Bloom On Ice just skated their new programs at Kansai Novice Competition that was held this week I've decided to share those videos instead
Reina Kawakatsu who only participated in group numbers during BOI also debuted her new FS at this competition

I uploaded video of top finishers with relatively notable results (which happens to be mostly Kinoshita Academy / Kyoto Uji FSC skaters)

Novice B Girls (Group 1)
Results
Protocols

Novice A Girls (Group 1)
Results
Protocols

Results
Protocols

Though Sakurako Daimon and Ikura Kushida both debuted what appears to be new SPs during BOI they skated their current long programs at this competition

Junior Women
3rd) 村 上 遥 奈 Haruna Murakami ~Music from the movie Australia~ (New FS) Poor girl, actually performed this program better at BOI in the dark, under spotlights
Results
Protocols

Let me know if there are other skaters from either competition anyone would like to see
Thank you so much!
Btw, see? Daimon can if she wants.😉

Last edited:

fehervari

On the Ice
Sorry for the delay

Novice B Girls (Group 1)
Results
Protocols

Novice A Girls (Group 1)
Results
Protocols

Results
Protocols

Junior Women
Results
Protocols

the poor girl more than good. I like her step sequence

Leonardo

Final Flight
Sorry for the delay

Novice B Girls (Group 1)
Results
Protocols

Novice A Girls (Group 1)
Results
Protocols

Results
Protocols

Junior Women
Results
Protocols

thank you

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
This is a good read about an interview with Richaud on Kaori and the process of collaboration in the past years:

While reading through the interview, I did go back to Kaori's 2017 JWC performance. I think it was the first time I got to watch her skating live. And I'm glad she's keeping on evolving!

gotoschool

Medalist
Overall, Japan has my favorite music worldwide over the last 25 years and Japan has three of my favorite skaters ever. However, I have a diametrically opposed view of the blatantly corrupt and utterly reprehensible organization that controls figure skating in Japan the devious JSF. They have proven their willingness to sell many of their best figure skaters out for what must be a behind the scenes quid pro quo deal on too many occasions and along with other federations and the machinations of the ISU as a whole have utterly undermined any concept of legitimate competition or even who is selected to compete. It amazes me that more don't point out the obvious and this broken record needs to be replayed to see the great charade that is benefitting from the Russian federation corruption and the present disastrous conflict overshadowing it. This regards an act unprecedented in the history of figure skating manipulation. Specifically, the JSF in an act of self laceration has forbidden one of its own top skaters, Mai Mihara, with the second highest international scoring average among all women skaters going into Worlds from even participating (not to mention the Olympics), and the JSF has added salt to the wound by undermining the confidence of an up and coming skater, Mana, by placing her in a psychologically traumatic predicament of trying to live up to the expectations of a skater six years her senior who deep down she perhaps knows deserved to go to the Olympics and Worlds more in a culture where seniority is revered. Personally, I believe the whole thing was planned as a two fold strategy to toss all the political points behind one skater in this case Kaori, who skated great and has no role to play in the devious machination other than perhaps suffering from the sense of the injustice done to her close friend, Mai. The fact that they have the same coach makes the psychological wound more acute for friends due to its wildly divisive diving into a ditch of insidious injustice, while dumping on the one recovering from chronic sickness in a shameless display of discrimination. While the other side of the quid pro quo equation jeopardized the three places available to Japan, and it would have worked perfectly for those seeking to undermine Japan's influence, if the Russians had competed. And yes it has happened before in an Olympic season no less, when Mao and Akiko were forced to "train" in a sandy and bitterly cold rink with rust falling from the ceiling for the Sochi Olympics by saboteurs in the JSF in cahoots with the ISU which wreaked havoc with Mao's blades and training at a critical moment followed by the blatant scoring manipulation against all Japanese women as a kind of cover for corruption in the Olympics and at Worlds in Japan in 2014 which followed, in addition to the subsequent lowballing of Rika at nationals and Words in Japan.

Last edited: