2021-22 programs that you wish skaters transformed into exhibitions | Golden Skate

2021-22 programs that you wish skaters transformed into exhibitions

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
If they have done it already, can you add a video please? 🙏

I can think about at least
Nathan Chen - Rocketman
Kazuki Tomono - La La Land
that I definitely wish they edited and kept as exhibitions.

(Btw I haven't seen the whole scope of Junior WC Dance yet. I suspect there might be quite a wishlist after I finish watching 😬)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Vincent by Gilles/Poirier was a great FD, later turned into an Exhibition. I think this is from Stars on Ice:

Aljona/Bruno skating to La Terre vue du Ciel (their Olumpic Free Skate) was layter turned into an exhibition as well.

I think this it it:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Zhou’s ‘Vincent’, Liu’s ‘Dance’, Levito’s ‘Swan’, Murav’yeva’s ‘Great Gatsby’, Kolyada’s ‘White Crow’, Yablokov’s ‘Give me Love’ and Mozalev’s’Heart’s Cry’, Smart/Diaz ‘Zorro’, Chikmareva/Yanchenkov ‘Bonny and Clyde’

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
I actually hate competition programs as EX or EX that look too much like competition programs.
Gala is a space where the skaters can try something new, or different, or not within the ISU rules. So screw that, bring all the backflips, oldschool step sequences and weird and fun stuff, costume changes, props, etc.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I actually hate competition programs as EX or EX that look too much like competition programs.
Gala is a space where the skaters can try something new, or different, or not within the ISU rules. So screw that, bring all the backflips, oldschool step sequences and weird and fun stuff, costume changes, props, etc.
Yeah, but my idea was, some competition programs might be worth transforming them into show programs.

Like, Smart/Diaz might do Zorro with prop swords.

Adam Siao Him Fa might do Star Wars with a prop light sword ;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In US Stars on Ice, most of the skaters take one of their comp skates and transform it a little bit: adding handstands or backflips. Since it's Stars on Ice. it's technically a "gala". Of course, for me, a comp program is. not jumpa dee jump jump. In fact, without real steps or difficult transitions or held spins, jumpa dee jump jump seems more suited to an exhibition.

I haven't seen props added to a comp program in SOI. Where they re-use a gala with props, the props are there.

I will see in less than two weeks and report. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since they are fresh in my mind, let's start with the Juniors:

Stefania YAKOVLEVA (CYP) - 2022 Junior Worlds SP
No idea what the song is, because I hadn't heard it before yesterday and her ISU Bio was not updated to reflect that she was debuting a new Short Programme at Junior Worlds (it still lists "La Cena" by Morricone). But this programme is just begging to be an exhibition number!

Angelina KUDRYAVTSEVA / Ilia KARANKEVICH (CYP) - "Ruby Blue" SD
The song may not be to my taste, but this programme is just perfect to be an exhibition number!

Olivia OLIVER / Joshua ANDARI (POL) - "Stairway To Heaven" FD
I just love what they have done with my second favourite song of all time. And I don't want it to be just left on the shelf now that the season is over.

The Seniors are not as fresh. Although some programmnes did immediately come to mind, on reflection I am not sure if they do have what it would take to be a good exhibition programme. So, after I finish watching Junior Worlds, I'll look up the competition threads to see what other programmes I particularly liked, and work out if they could translate well into exhibition programmes. And then get back to you.

CaroLiza_fan

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they have done it already, can you add a video please? 🙏

I can think about at least
Nathan Chen - Rocketman
Kazuki Tomono - La La Land
that I definitely wish they edited and kept as exhibitions.

(Btw I haven't seen the whole scope of Junior WC Dance yet. I suspect there might be quite a wishlist after I finish watching 😬)
Nathan Chen 2021 Worlds Ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LEU9LpXRQI

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Adam's both Star Wars and LP (Adam is just way too cool )
Chock and Bates Aliens
LALA's parrots
P/C waaking
Sholero

noskates

Record Breaker
Anything Jason Brown has ever done!!! (OK, I'm slightly prejudiced) Nathan's Rocketman (love the dance sequence) Gilles and Poirer's LP from this season without the garish costumes, Shoma's Bolero.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
LALA's parrots

Yes, definitely!

How on Earth did I forget about it?! That I did just shows how much lack of sleep in the past week is affecting me.

Right, now that I have finished watching the Ice Dance from Junior Worlds, I have a couple more programmes to add. And, funnily enough, they are from the same partnership.

When making out my post yesterday, I couldn't remember which of their programmes it was that I thought would translate well into an exhibition number. And I wasn't in a position to watch them. But, now that I have, I realise that the reason I couldn't remember was that they would both make good exhibition numbers. :laugh:

Phebe BEKKER / James HERNANDEZ - "Elvis Medley" SD
This is the sort of lively programme that would go down really well with a Gala audience.

Phebe BEKKER / James HERNANDEZ - "In The Mood / I Will Talk And Hollywood Will Listen" FD
Imagine how amazing this programme would lookunder the lights! Phebe is so glamourous, and deserves to be under a spotlight.

You can tell I'm a fan, can't you? ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan