2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sofia Val and Nikita Vitryanyuk (Jr. Spanish ice dancers) have split, according to her Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZUzqcBoG2d/?utm_medium=copy_link

She says she looks forward to finding a new partner; best of luck to them both, whether in or out of skating!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

The worst of it is, I had reservations about this partnership when it was first announced. With the way Nikita was going through partners, and with the way Sofía had unceremoniously ditched Linus. But, when they were doing so well right out of the traps, I thought it would actually last.

Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted.

As their adoptive father, I am proud of everything they achieved in the short time they were together.

I suppose all I can say now is all the best to both of them for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Not unexpected. I read in IFS magazine some time ago that this OG would be his last hurrah. I had hoped he would stay on until Worlds, but I guess not making it into the FS was enough. He still got to skate twice this Olympics. I'm going to miss him though.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Not unexpected. I read in IFS magazine some time ago that this OG would be his last hurrah. I had hoped he would stay on until Worlds, but I guess not making it into the FS was enough. He still got to skate twice this Olympics. I'm going to miss him though.
I'm sad for him too since I've watched him since way back when. If someone could paste in what he said on Instagram, I would really appreciate it since I'm not on Instagram and can't read it.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sad for him too since I've watched him since way back when. If someone could paste in what he said on Instagram, I would really appreciate it since I'm not on Instagram and can't read it.

From my start with sport it has been a dream of mine to be an Olympian, it never even cross my mind when I went to my first Olympics that 12 years later I would still be here.

I'm grateful for the opportunities I was given and opportunities i created thru out my skating life and I'm always going to be proud of the things I achieved for myself and my Country.

It is never easy to say that this was the last time I was standing on an olympic ice, I would never be here without the support of my family, my friends, my coaches all of them since I was young.
I would never be able to still enjoy skating without the incredible knowledge from my Coach Rafael who showed me what i can still do even at my age, so special thank you to him.

I would not be doing this if it wasn't for the unconditional love from my wife who supported me for the last 4 years as I kept skating even tho I told her after 2018 I was done 😉

I love what skating gave me I wouldn't change it for anything, without skating i wouldn't have made friends all over the world. I would not be able to travel to countries all over the globe to compete and represent my country.

now I can't wait to hug my wife and my daughter and tell her all the crazy stories that happened to me thruout all these years.

Here is to a great skating life of one old guy that just simply loves to skate!

We will miss you, Michal, and thanks for the great skates over the years.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands

From my start with sport it has been a dream of mine to be an Olympian, it never even cross my mind when I went to my first Olympics that 12 years later I would still be here.

I'm grateful for the opportunities I was given and opportunities i created thru out my skating life and I'm always going to be proud of the things I achieved for myself and my Country.

It is never easy to say that this was the last time I was standing on an olympic ice, I would never be here without the support of my family, my friends, my coaches all of them since I was young.
I would never be able to still enjoy skating without the incredible knowledge from my Coach Rafael who showed me what i can still do even at my age, so special thank you to him.

I would not be doing this if it wasn't for the unconditional love from my wife who supported me for the last 4 years as I kept skating even tho I told her after 2018 I was done 😉

I love what skating gave me I wouldn't change it for anything, without skating i wouldn't have made friends all over the world. I would not be able to travel to countries all over the globe to compete and represent my country.

now I can't wait to hug my wife and my daughter and tell her all the crazy stories that happened to me thruout all these years.

Here is to a great skating life of one old guy that just simply loves to skate!

We will miss you, Michal, and thanks for the great skates over the years.

Thank you for posting. He was wearing that outfit the first time I saw him.

Status
Not open for further replies.