2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRK

Record Breaker
I suppose it was bound to happen, but still sad to hear it. He's been around ever since I started following figure skating "properly" in 2010 (having been a casual fan for much longer), and therefore it does feel rather like the end of an era...

Wishing him all the best in the future, and thanks for all the great memories.

Weathergal

Medalist

LoisAGOEs

Rinkside
I think they -- or at least one of them -- was going to retire earlier but then changed their mind? Not sure of that though.
Lana is on IPS again and she was around this time last year too. I assume Antonio wanted to retire a year ago and then they decided to give it one last push to try and make the Olympics.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually really enjoyed Lana and Antonio and am sad he is retiring. I do think there's definitely hope that she will be able to find another partner at her approximate level... honestly I think her nationality is in her favor, as Croatia has NO other viable pairs teams whoever partnered up with her would be guaranteed spots at all major international competitions they could qualify for, and honestly (I don't mean this to sound catty at all but it's true) if someone wanted to skate with her it's not likely they would be SUCH a great skater that their home country wouldn't release them.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Another pairs split :(

French pairs skater Coline Kerivan announced her split from Noel-Antoine Pierre.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaDJdQzIOTq/?utm_medium=copy_link

No mention of why but she's very complimentary towards and thanks Noel-Antoine, so at least it seems to have ended mutually. No indication if either is continuing although Coline does say "hope to see you soon skating family".

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
France has been hit rather hard in their Pairs the last two years. A pity Coline and Noel-Antoine have also split (and perhaps retired). I wish them all the best though!

skated011

On the Ice
So SINKATS will Retire after Worlds ?

I dont think they'll push with Diana Davis just yet because of the current environment, D/S were getting real scores at the Olympics not the Inflated ones.

So that means S/B will be New No.1 ? Kinda New Low, she has weak skating skating skills.

They should be busy pushing for upcoming Seniors to replenish the new cycle namely: Irina Khavronina a.k.a the new Anjelika Krylova. and her skating servant Dario Cirisano, or what about Kaganovskaya / Angelopol.

LoisAGOEs

Rinkside
Another pairs split :(

French pairs skater Coline Kerivan announced her split from Noel-Antoine Pierre.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaDJdQzIOTq/?utm_medium=copy_link

No mention of why but she's very complimentary towards and thanks Noel-Antoine, so at least it seems to have ended mutually. No indication if either is continuing although Coline does say "hope to see you soon skating family".
Noel Antoine is on IPS, so he’s definitely aiming to continue.

Weathergal

Medalist
So SINKATS will Retire after Worlds ?

I dont think they'll push with Diana Davis just yet because of the current environment, D/S were getting real scores at the Olympics not the Inflated ones.

So that means S/B will be New No.1 ? Kinda New Low, she has weak skating skating skills.

They should be busy pushing for upcoming Seniors to replenish the new cycle namely: Irina Khavronina a.k.a the new Anjelika Krylova. and her skating servant Dario Cirisano, or what about Kaganovskaya / Angelopol.
I think Khudaiberdieva / Bazin and Tyutyunina / Shutitskiy are also poised to do well this quad.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Do we know of any skaters who went to the olympics who won't being going to worlds? Other than Kamila Valieva perhaps. Not a retirement but Jason Brown is supposed to sit out worlds in lieu of Malinin but I guess a lot dpends on Nathan Chen and what h decides. There were some comments Canada's MTM might not go but I hope not they need a redemption skate. The Americans pairs I assume aren't changing. Any news about Hanyu? Sui and Han?

ice_tulip

On the Ice
On The Skating Lesson's recap of the Olympic Pairs event, guest Elena Betchke stated in passing that there was a rumor that the third US pair team (Calalang/Johnson) were splitting up. Nothing else was said about it. Has anyone else heard this? I really hope it isn't true. They are my fav US pair and they are still young by pairs standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.