2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Yay! A new Russian Ladies thread! :D

Hmm. Sasha going back to Eteri. Can't say that I am surprised, but...hmmm...aren't there too many eggs in the same basket now?

chasingneverland

Record Breaker

I saw this meme and I have anxiety. Team Tutberidze has to choreograph at least 16 new Senior programs (not including Alina, Elisabet,T/M) 😅

well Kamila is recycling the FP, so 15 lol
Not all of them are going to get new programs. A lot of them haven't been seen internationally.

People are acting like they haven't had this many skaters for awhile. Remember every one of these skaters was there in 2019-2020, except for Evgenia..

Fluture

Record Breaker
So what do you suggest then?

For RusFed to work on building up other coaching teams instead of putting all of their eggs in the Eteri basket. That‘s a very “in the moment“ kind of strategy but if you ask me, it‘s not a good long-term plan if one wants the sport to continue develop nationally.

As for Eteri‘s team. None of which you suggested I might want them to do lol. Start by adding a new, regular in-house choreographer instead of expecting Daniil to handle it all. Then someone else who can do harness work - it‘s actually quite ridiculous that only Dudakov‘s there when they have at least 6 girls actively studying ultra-c elements. Perhaps a coach (Tsurskaya? But she‘s rather young...) to mostly handle the juniors during the Olympic season so Daniil/Dudakov/Eteri can focus on the seniors (6 going for the OG + Alina and Zhenya). All I‘m saying is that if you have one choreographer doing 12 possible Olympic programs instead of 5 like it was last time (even less since Polina and Alina were repeating some of theirs) the quality inevitably will go down. Less time = less individual attention to detail. I think that‘s quite a logical deduction, no?

As for the rest... look, I‘d rather not give my arguments for the umpteenth time. In my eyes, there has been a worrying trend in Russian ladies skating that skaters never tend to survive outside of TeamTutberidze/Sambo70 which, IMO, doesn’t all have to do with the athletes’ and coaches’ individual capabilities but rather a number of other factors. Everyone‘s able to make their own conclusions, though.

Last edited:

esteticlove

Final Flight
You all act up as if training 6-7 super stars is something unseen, but TT have trained those girls as a pack for years now. And it worked so far because contrary to what most of you are preaching, they do not pay special attention to certain individuals but give equal chance for everyone to develop (according to their personal abilities). I also think that the team is more than aware that they need more coaching staff, but they have been working onto stocking up - see Tsurskaya becoming part of the team for the youngsters.. As for the programs- it's just like any other season, they always had to come up with so many choreographies. And they always tried to be as good as possible, regardless if Olympic season or not.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Then someone else who can do harness work - it‘s actually quite ridiculous that only Dudakov‘s there when they have at least 6 girls actively studying ultra-c elements. .
They do have someone else who can do harness work I'm pretty sure. Or at least works with them on jumps.

Daria said in a recent interview that she actually learned her triples and triple+triple combos with Punin. It's also while the team was at World's that Daria was working on her 3A. And she was doing that with Punin.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
You all act up as if training 6-7 super stars is something unseen, but TT have trained those girls as a pack for years now. And it worked so far because contrary to what most of you are preaching, they do not pay special attention to certain individuals but give equal chance for everyone to develop (according to their personal abilities). I also think that the team is more than aware that they need more coaching staff, but they have been working onto stocking up - see Tsurskaya becoming part of the team for the youngsters.. As for the programs- it's just like any other season, they always had to come up with so many choreographies. And they always tried to be as good as possible, regardless if Olympic season or not.
Yeah. They've never had such high stakes but none of these girls are new. They've been together there for years.

Minz

What am I doing?
Final Flight
Country
United-States
If skaters from Team Tutberidze had to reuse a program from a past season, which one would you choose? (Any program, either short or free)

Amei

Record Breaker
If skaters from Team Tutberidze had to reuse a program from a past season, which one would you choose? (Any program, either short or free)

Does Kostornaia's Cup final programs count? I think they had promise of being capable of being something.

Philippa8187

Rinkside
Does Kostornaia's Cup final programs count? I think they had promise of being capable of being something.
I would love it if they could used again, but I am not sure if they are considered the property of the Angels of Plushenko, or not.

Amei

Record Breaker
I would love it if they could used again, but I am not sure if they are considered the property of the Angels of Plushenko, or not.

Well when Lipnitskaia left mid-season and went to Urmanov she kept her programs. If these 'contracts' between coaches and skaters that keep getting floated out become a thing, I could see perhaps included to prevent mid-season transfers is that choreography for purposes of competition stays with the coaching team.

Philippa8187

Rinkside
Well when Lipnitskaia left mid-season and went to Urmanov she kept her programs. If these 'contracts' between coaches and skaters that keep getting floated out become a thing, I could see perhaps included to prevent mid-season transfers is that choreography for purposes of competition stays with the coaching team.
I think Aliona did train the Vivaldi SP before Worlds, so that gives me a slither of hope that she might be able to keep that program at least, if the coaches agree.

Amei

Record Breaker
The band is back together! 3A are back! 4A too. ;)

I believe during the 19-20 season 1 of the girls that was part of the '3A' voiced displeasure with the nickname - I don't mean to be telling people how to talk but I think we as fans should be respectful of not calling skaters by nicknames they don't like

colormyworld240

Medalist
For RusFed to work on building up other coaching teams instead of putting all of their eggs in the Eteri basket. That‘s a very “in the moment“ kind of strategy but if you ask me, it‘s not a good long-term plan if one wants the sport to continue develop nationally.

As for Eteri‘s team. None of which you suggested I might want them to do lol. Start by adding a new, regular in-house choreographer instead of expecting Daniil to handle it all. Then someone else who can do harness work - it‘s actually quite ridiculous that only Dudakov‘s there when they have at least 6 girls actively studying ultra-c elements. Perhaps a coach (Tsurskaya? But she‘s rather young...) to mostly handle the juniors during the Olympic season so Daniil/Dudakov/Eteri can focus on the seniors (6 going for the OG + Alina and Zhenya). All I‘m saying is that if you have one choreographer doing 12 possible Olympic programs instead of 5 like it was last time (even less since Polina and Alina were repeating some of theirs) the quality inevitably will go down. Less time = less individual attention to detail. I think that‘s quite a logical deduction, no?

As for the rest... look, I‘d rather not give my arguments for the umpteenth time. In my eyes, there has been a worrying trend in Russian ladies skating that skaters never tend to survive outside of TeamTutberidze/Sambo70 which, IMO, doesn’t all have to do with the athletes’ and coaches’ individual capabilities but rather a number of other factors. Everyone‘s able to make their own conclusions, though.
From what I understand, all the schools get support from the federation. And then each skater, if they're on the team, also gets funding. I don't think RusFed is ignoring any of the schools specifically, and for example at Plushenko's school, I don't think finances were an issue. What else can they to do build up other coaching teams? The coaches actually have to produce their results. I think things like ice time/resources are limited for all schools including Sambo; they were supposed to get a second rink after the Olympics but that never happened.

As for having more coaches in Eteri's team specifically, they did have Rozanov who worked with the younger kids on jumps (and he would be coaching/choreographing for the juniors next season if he stayed), but he dipped and I think Tsurskaya is his replacement? That was Daniil's role before, only choreographing/coaching novices but when they moved up, so did he. I don't think they're against having new coaches as they have been adding them, but it's probably difficult to find someone who works well with them and wants to stay long term to work with the younger skaters from novice to seniors.

It is logical that less time = less individual attention. But the athletes also know this, and they get to decide if it works for them or not. There's a lot more that goes into hiring long term additions than just picking up a new coach, I think.

As for skaters not surviving outside of that team, how is that the team's fault? They're not coaching them. Skaters like Tsurskaya, Panenkova, Tarakanova, and Alena had clear decline in their skating after they left, and they were left off the major competitions. Sasha did not, and she wasn't left off the team. But for the other skaters, do you really think they deserve a Euro's/Worlds spot over those who got it? Which ones?