2021 Baltic Cup: Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Baltic Cup: Pairs Free Skate

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
K/B had around a 10 point lead after the short and I thought they might hang on until that last spin, not sure they'll get any points for that. They seem to be having some growing pains this season, hopefully they'll be able to work through it!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It seems their pair spin truly didn't receive any points. In Košice the winner's pair spin was also invalid, which is what I see for the first time in pairs and two times at (nearly) once.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ha ha Ted really does pronounce Bowie like the BA-wie. Weird surely he's heard of him!

There are a lot of people who pronounce it like that. And it really winds me up. :mad:

Not nearly as much as German names being pronounced the way they would be if they were English names, though. (Regardless of whether the person is actually German or not).

You all know who I'm thinking of! ;) :biggrin:

And now I'm going to run away for cover back to the Short Dance to watch the last few partnerships that I didn't get seeing before the Pairs started.

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ok, by rewatching the C/I free skate I realized their deduction is for the time violation again. OK, they truly finshed 2-3s after the music. Though in ladies SP I saw skaters finishing after the music with no deduction at all. As I say, weird scoring on this event...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ok, by rewatching the C/I free skate I realized their deduction is for the time violation again. OK, they truly finshed 2-3s after the music. Though in ladies SP I saw skaters finishing after the music with no deduction at all. As I say, weird scoring on this event...
It's not just about being over the music. That's not the rule. There's a maximum time allowed for each program, and you get deductions for going over that. If your music is a few seconds under, then even being a little over the music would be fine (well, it doesn't look that good for PCS because you're off the music, but no deduction).

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just realised I got stuck in the RD thread! :laugh: Tells you all about the manic day I'm having. I've deleted my comments that were referring to Pairs. I'm such a D...Richard (to please our linguist friends :biggrin:)
Enjoy the girls, see yous tomorrow!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's not just about being over the music. That's not the rule. There's a maximum time allowed for each program, and you get deductions for going over that. If your music is a few seconds under, then even being a little over the music would be fine (well, it doesn't look that good for PCS because you're off the music, but no deduction).
I know. In fact the music can even last longer than the max time for the segment, but the performance itself has to be on time.

But the cases I noticed were clearly delayed.

PavelSky

On the Ice
Country
Russia
36086747.jpg

Сrazy height :eek:

GOE +2.40 in the protocols

36086639.jpg

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just realised I got stuck in the RD thread! :laugh: Tells you all about the manic day I'm having. I've deleted my comments that were referring to Pairs. I'm such a D...Richard (to please our linguist friends :biggrin:)
Enjoy the girls, see yous tomorrow!
Oh dear, always annoying :laugh: I'll have to skip the ladies too as it's midnight here in Aus.

See you for the boys tomorrow!