2021 Internationaux de France: Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Internationaux de France: Free Dance

Sackie

Medalist
Really getting concerned for Piper and Paul here. Just keep remembering Weaver and Poje and their Olympic results. They were in the top 5 at worlds the years leading up to the Olympics yet ended up in 7th place both times. And yet they medalled both times at worlds the same year.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats to P/C on a fab free dance! If this goes clean there is no way S/K should come even close. But those judges who gave +3 on those twizzles need to get their eyes checked. It was an obvious stumble with touchdown of the free foot and there should have been 1’s at best but only 3 judges had the guts to do that. I fully want P/C to win but I don’t like when top teams/skaters get undeservedly huge GOE and ignore blatant errors.

To me S/B were better than G/P today - slight stumbles here and there for G/P and I didn’t quite get into the dance. G/P haven’t quite found that magic yet that they had last season but hopefully they can get it together for the GPF.

rinkside_user

On the Ice
I find it completely justified, but interesting to see a mistake on the twizzle from P/C is 3 points ahead of a clean outing from S/K in the FD. Looking back at the fix farce from the latest Europeans (...), I certainly hope the judges will remember the quality difference at the Olympics, too.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I find it completely justified, but interesting to see a mistake on the twizzle from P/C is 3 points ahead of a clean outing from S/K in the FD. Looking back at the fix farce from the latest Europeans (...), I certainly hope the judges will remember the quality difference at the Olympics, too.

S/K were “clean” but were still sloppy on several elements. P/C aren’t out of the woods yet because Russia will be backing S/K full force.

Andrea82

Medalist
Breakdown of FD marks

Canadian, Russian and Lithuanian generously overscored their skaters.
P/C ranged from 129 points (Russian and US judges) to 136 (Turkish judge)
French judge joined Russian, Lithuanian and Turkish judge in placing S/B ahead of G/P in PCS. Russian judge, in particular, underscored Gilles/Poirier quite significantly overall.
On the other hand, German judge went strong on Turkilla/Verlouis's GOE ending placing them ahead of Stepanova/Bukin. He isn't a fan of Morozov/Bagin either.
Russian judge loved Lopareva/Brissaud who are part-time Russia-based.
Carreira/Ponomarenko's worst placement is with US judge.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
What I've really come to appreciate about Stepanova/Bukin is that even though the technical part isn't a huge strength, they have interesting programs that don't remind me of other teams and really perform them with great chemistry.
I also appreciate that their programmmes are different each year and it’s not the same style every time. Their chemistry is 🔥

eterialskating

On the Ice
I think this program is developing nicely, although it still doesn't scream OGM to me. Fortunately for them, none of the top teams have great material this season and their skating is so excellent they should absolutely win unless Russian politicking gets completely out of hand.
The Russians are good enough to win it by themselves just so you know. P/C are a stale and boring team. I'd pick any of their main rivals to win OGM than this stagnant and overrated pairing.