2021 Internationaux de France: Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Internationaux de France: Free Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Back again!

Embarrassing confession...for some bizarre reason I thought this was Allison (she's wearing a green dress too isn't she?) and Saulius, so was wondering why another couple was using this Lounge Bar James Bond, but no.

OMG Jennifer's dress! +5.00 GOE. Ben too. Mighty fine looking couple. Wait James Bond? Random! Ben's outfit suggests a Bond villain to me...that guy who threw his hat had a similar style jacket I swear.

Can I just say that I love the fact ice dance made a whole element dedicated to bringing it to the judges.

OMG lyrical Bolero, does it even have lyrics originally? If not who decided that putting some in would enhance the experience. Uncool :p Cool lift though I'll give 'em that.

Oh thank goodness, Allison is wearing green, I thought I was going a bit mad :p

Saulius is indeed easy on the eyeballs ;)

I'm hypnotised by Allison's hair...it flies out so prettily, wish my hair did that ;)

There's so many ways to spell Julia in the world 🤣

Checked out on these two a bit. But Juulia has wonderful posture that's for sure!

Annabelle and Andrei - I do like Annabelle's fierce face! They've got some epic lifts too. Good for them.

And he's a sleazebag, but I'm judging the cameraperson for not bringing us Voodoo-Cam.

Interesting only 3rd in FS!

Group 2
I don't know where to find you, I don't know how to reach you dear Brissaud🔥🥲
Hands off, Rina Ryabova has dibs ;) they're such a cute couple too ;)

Ivan remains cute and hot at the same time, what a versatile fella :laugh2:

Piper's dress is so understatedly stunning :) the contrast between this and their RD is awesome.

Now look Guillaume,what you want is a white shirt with a deep V and we also want that too ;)

Hey Nathalie, you gonna do something about Kevin's struggles? Or you gonna be a 🤬 (Although I hear he went OK in FS? Still!)

Zhenya and Geoffrey - I'm a fan of this music! It's written for drama arms, my fave ;)

I literally went "Oooo yeeeeah" when they brought it to the judges :laugh2:

I'm excited to see their growth in the next quad! Because true confession I've never been able to get on board with Gabbi and Guillaume's FDs, I don't know why...

Christina and Anthony - "What a wicked thing to do, to make us listen to this cover with yooou"

Another confession, I actually like the dance club bit :laugh: it's fresh!

Aww Scott looks a bit bummed by that score.

Yeeeah Sasha and Ivan! They're so interesting! Love the opening moves. I'm kinda loving the music too? There's something really magnetic about them 🥰 Ivan stole all the twizzle power.

Argh Mark you're worrying me...they wouldn't leave Ivan and Sasha off the team?The Beijing Olympic Committee will invite them won't they? They can't leave them behind again 🥺

Piper and Paul - Now interestingly I've never heard this Beatles song... which is weird because my father's a big fan. It's a nice program though, love the Twizzles :)

Bravo! Bravo!! And Beatrice with her flag and crowns! I've got feelings now. The second half definitely creates a moment here!

"Judge Friendly"? But I thought they weren't supposed to judge on personal taste? Judging the judges again!

Hooray, a silver!

Gabbi and Guillaume - The crowd is going off (in other news that lady in the clown wig is giving me Misato vibes - remember her and Tim's exhibition skate?)

Gabbi's dress is amazing though! I wonder who made it? It looks red carpet worthy!

I'm still a bit confused as to how this is a Tango? The music doesn't seem right, but then they are doing Tango moves so?

Very beautiful, but yeah I kinda enjoy others more. Good for them.

No big surprised podium-wise, but how exciting for Zhenya and Geoffrey! Fourth place! That's awesome!

Now, off again the menfolk await me!

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
I am way behind in watching this event. Just had a chance to watch the top 2 and interestingly had a similar reaction to both. I thought both Papadakis/Cizeron and Gilles/Poirier have made big strides with their free dances, in spite of what the scores might indicate.

I have liked P/C's FD, but have thought it needed tweaks. I think it still needs some work (please change the boring rotational lift), but I think it has come a long way. In terms of expression and achieving an arc with an emotional build through the piece, I thought there was a lot of improvement evident here. The program is starting to really come to life. Having seen all of the top teams' material now, I can say that the French are head and shoulders above the field. Barring complete disaster, the Olympic gold should be theirs.

I thought Gilles/Poirier had also addressed a lot of the problematic spots in their FD, including the lift where she is no longer clinging to his back, and the final choreographic lift. I think you could see that they were still new changes (they need some mileage), but they are definitely for the better. Piper stepping up onto Paul's thigh in the lift still needs to be smoother. Once again, I thought they'd come a long way with the performance in pulling out the arc of the piece. I thought the score was undeservedly low.

auser

Record Breaker
Guys, flower crowns update - I was naughty, broke *no gifts* rule and managed to get Piper and Paul crowned!!!!!!
View attachment 4594View attachment 4595
The crowns look beautiful atop Piper's and Paul's head. Kudos to you for successfully finding a work around to get your lovely crowns placed where they rightfully belong(would love to hear your story about this even by private message so as not to alert officials to your strategy). ;)
So happy for you about your wonderful experience at IdF. Thanks for sharing it with us!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Beatrice was there with her crowns? Oh, that just put a big smile on my face.
❤❤❤
Dear WeakAnkles, believe me or not, but making these crowns for P&P and thinking how to get them given I thought of you and your words last year from P&P fanfest about my crowns (merlot ones to be exact that were never given bc of cancelled 2020 Worlds). So I was extra determined to get them delivered this time :).
And Beatrice had 7 more crowns to give, but it just wasn't possible to sneak it any way (or maybe I was too scared lol?). But at least midnight blue ones were given to Piper and Paul which made me happy - I waved Canadian flag with both crowns held on sides of it after FD performance (and was shown on the stream lol), then waved crowns towards them sitting in KnC (they noticed, Paul's expression was surprised:)), then the only possibility to deliver was left at Victory Ceremony. So I waved the crowns again, calling their names during victory lap, they noticed and got back to the section I stood after official photos taken - and I threw them the crowns despite security wrath.
Guess I really developed rebellious streak after 30 :laugh:.
I also had a handmade card for them, but the paper was not exactly to be thrown, so I will find a way to get the card delivered to them too :)
20211119_204511.jpg

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The crowns look beautiful atop Piper's and Paul's head. Kudos to you for successfully finding a work around to get your lovely crowns placed where they rightfully belong(would love to hear your story about this even by private message so as not to alert officials to your strategy). ;)
So happy for you about your wonderful experience at IdF. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Ah, thank you auser so very much for your kindness!
I truly felt the energy behind my flag waving endeavours and just enjoying the competition, making photos and providing here as much as I could (it wasn't much because it was hard to pay attention in the arena, making photos, posting on Twitter, posting here and stay hydrated at the same time :laugh:)
There was unfortunately no deliberate strategy this time - the only one was fueled by desperation :laugh:. I had 9 crowns with me and when I realized it will be rather impossible to sneak them to skaters intended, I just make an aim to get Piper and Paul crowned during Victory Ceremony. So first I made them notice the crowns after FD, then tried to get as close to the rink as I could. When they made a victory lap around the rink, I called them & waved crowns, they again noticed, but went to the other side of the rink to take photos. But - they made sure to come after the photos to where I stood and called me to throw the crowns to them. So I braved it out & did it. Arena staff was PISSED, but did I care much? Not really. I guess I was too far gone in my determination to deliver something important to me :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ah, thank you auser so very much for your kindness!
I truly felt the energy behind my flag waving endeavours and just enjoying the competition, making photos and providing here as much as I could (it wasn't much because it was hard to pay attention in the arena, making photos, posting on Twitter, posting here and stay hydrated at the same time :laugh:)
There was unfortunately no deliberate strategy this time - the only one was fueled by desperation :laugh:. I had 9 crowns with me and when I realized it will be rather impossible to sneak them to skaters intended, I just make an aim to get Piper and Paul crowned during Victory Ceremony. So first I made them notice the crowns after FD, then tried to get as close to the rink as I could. When they made a victory lap around the rink, I called them & waved crowns, they again noticed, but went to the other side of the rink to take photos. But - they made sure to come after the photos to where I stood and called me to throw the crowns to them. So I braved it out & did it. Arena staff was PISSED, but did I care much? Not really. I guess I was too far gone in my determination to deliver something important to me :)
Well OF COURSE they made a beeline to you and those beautiful crowns when they had the opportunity. Their Mamas didn't raise fools. :)

A little rebellion does a soul good--as long as it is for a good cause! You go girl. We're cheering you on!

I'm a fan by proxy this season, so things like this really make my (often difficult) days.