2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 U.S. Nationals: Senior Free Dance

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just FYI - tangentially skating related - I just got an ESPN alert that the UN could decide the fate of the Tokyo games. I had previously heard that if the Tokyo games are delayed again that the Winter Olympics would also be delayed.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm judging Terry slightly for not even mentioning Jean-Luc and Kaitlyn (I gotta figure out the spelling...) I need to find the scores are they super far behind?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
FYI, Dance Group 1 of 3 couples, has already skated (prior to pairs FS). Group 2 will have 3 couples, then no ice resurface, then Group 3 is 5 couples.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Finds scores...5 points off first...Well fingers crossed for our Swans!

In other news that was a super long as for medical insurance there.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I'm judging Terry slightly for not even mentioning Jean-Luc and Kaitlyn (I gotta figure out the spelling...) I need to find the scores are they super far behind?
NBC didn't even upload their RD to YouTube like they did for Chock/Bates and Hubbell/Donohue :mad: I had to dig around on Peacock to show their performance to my mother earlier today.

Weathergal

Medalist
Hilary and Ryan are in the first season of their partnership. They train in Novi.

Ryan and his previous partner trained in Colorado Springs. They competed as seniors at least at 2020 Nats (possibly earlier too, but I don't remember off the top of my head).
Hilary and her previous partner competed as juniors at 2020 Nats. I do not remember where they trained, but it was not Novi. I think Hilary was new to ice dance last season?

(Weathergal, if you have checked ice-dance.com, please feel free to correct anything that I have misremembered.)

Did Taylor/Vollmer use their reverse lift?
I do not have Peacock Premium -- I forgot that I would not be able to see their FD.
Thanks for the additional info. You're correct Hillary didn't train in Novi. She and her previous partner trained in Dallas with Logan Guiletti-Schmitt, Pierre Panayi, and Danil Barantsev. It looks like they were only together a year, but it lists other previous partners for her. O'Donnell trained with his previous partner in Colorado Springs, as you mentioned, with Patti Gottwein and Ben Agosto.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I do like Zach and Maddie too, so I hope they do well!

All 3 top teams are awesome. And I don't know any of the other dancing pairs!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for the additional info. You're correct Hillary didn't train in Novi. She and her previous partner trained in Dallas with Logan Guiletti-Schmitt, Pierre Panayi, and Danil Barantsev. It looks like they were only together a year, but it lists other previous partners for her. O'Donnell trained with his previous partner in Colorado Springs, as you mentioned, with Patti Gottwein and Ben Agosto.

Thanks.
Hilary previously was a pair skater. Was it indicated whether her other partners (before Ryan and Kyle Pearson for dance, I mean) were for pairs vs. dance?

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
NBC didn't even upload their RD to YouTube like they did for Chock/Bates and Hubbell/Donohue :mad: I had to dig around on Peacock to show their performance to my mother earlier today.
Whaaat?! I missed the whole RD! I wanted to see them! Hopefully someone on Insta will have it.

Wow not sure who that lady was but her dress is stunning!