2021 US Nationals: Rhythm Dance - Thoughts and Observations | Golden Skate

2021 US Nationals: Rhythm Dance - Thoughts and Observations

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Both Chock/Bates and Hubbell/Donohue broke record for the US RD score! :eek: They are soooo close (CB) 90.10 / (HD) 89.66

What are your thoughts on the Rhythm Dance? Costumes?

Last edited:

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Madi Chock's dress is GORGEOUS. I love Hawayek/Baker's Saturday Night Fever routine, I'm so pleased they're in third, but I wish McNamara/Spiridonov were higher than 6th, I think the Sweet Charity routine is fab.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I too love H/B's RD. It's my fav đź’• I find myself watching Baker throughout the entire routine!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regarding the costume change since Skate America, Hubbell was clear that the yellow dress was not what she wanted to compete in. They knew right away that they were going to change the dress.

“From the very beginning, when I saw Burlesque in theatres with my mom, we both loved the number that Kristen Bell does to Dr. Long John wearing this kind of unitard (Donohue chimes in with 'body stocking')," said Hubbell. "I absolutely loved it then, I just wasn’t sure how to make it work with the rules. Luckily, Elite Expressions from Montreal helped us make this vision come to life and I feel quite fabulous in it.”

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madi Chock's dress is GORGEOUS. I love Hawayek/Baker's Saturday Night Fever routine, I'm so pleased they're in third, but I wish McNamara/Spiridonov were higher than 6th, I think the Sweet Charity routine is fab.
They’re always in 3rd. Jackie Wong says it’s the best RD they’ve ever performed. Still in 3rd. Their FD is a masterpiece. They’ll still be in 3rd.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I find the Chock and Bates RD dull and one note. It feels two minutes too long. I think Hubbell and Donohue are too tense, this sort of programme needs a bit more tongue in cheek and cavalier cool. Is she self conscious in the new costume? OTOH, Iiked Green and Parsons' lightness of being and the pure cool of H/B. But all in all good competition.