2021 World Entries | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021 World Entries

Olympic

On the Ice
Is there a SVK team entered? There was an excellent SVK gal a few years back who was top 10 material. What happened to her?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I guess a better question would be - is the ISU list of entries for Worlds complete -or- is the deadline to enter already past?
Is there a SVK team entered? There was an excellent SVK gal a few years back who was top 10 material. What happened to her?
Skaters can still be subbed out if issues arise, but the federation had to submit their teams by March 1, so Slovakia probably isn't sending skaters. I'm assuming you're talking about Nicole Rajičová, who hasn't retired but has all but disappeared.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Nicole Rajicova - After the 2019 Worlds (where she was 32nd and didn't qualify for the free), she didn't compete at all in the 2019 - 2020 season. She competed at the Four Nationals Championship (combined Nationals for Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, no Hungary this year) and was fifth overall, the highest-ranked Slovakian skater with a score of 124.85, but doesn't have the minimums and hasn't competed internationally since the 2019 Worlds.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Nicole Rajicova - After the 2019 Worlds (where she was 32nd and didn't qualify for the free), she didn't compete at all in the 2019 - 2020 season. She competed at the Four Nationals Championship (combined Nationals for Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, no Hungary this year) and was fifth overall, the highest-ranked Slovakian skater with a score of 124.85, but doesn't have the minimums and hasn't competed internationally since the 2019 Worlds.
In this case, Zhilina being the name of a town in Slovakia, do you think the Zhilina sisters have some Slovakian family? And...?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Sara Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin are representing Spain at Worlds, according to this tweet from the Spanish Federation: https://twitter.com/fedhielo/status/1368642025529225221

I believe (from what I've read on the forums/web in general) that the Spanish Fed had been planning some sort of monitoring session, some I'm guessing it has finished and they've selected Sara and Kirill. I'm a bit sad for Olivia and Adria, who were entered for last year, but best of luck to Sara and Kirill, here's hoping they can place in the top 10 and secure 2 spots for Spain at the Olympics!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Sara Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin are representing Spain at Worlds, according to this tweet from the Spanish Federation: https://twitter.com/fedhielo/status/1368642025529225221

I believe (from what I've read on the forums/web in general) that the Spanish Fed had been planning some sort of monitoring session, some I'm guessing it has finished and they've selected Sara and Kirill. I'm a bit sad for Olivia and Adria, who were entered for last year, but best of luck to Sara and Kirill, here's hoping they can place in the top 10 and secure 2 spots for Spain at the Olympics!
It's always horrible when there's one spot and two teams are pretty comparable. I'm also hoping for a top 10 finish for Sara and Kirill so that next year both teams can go!

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
In this case, Zhilina being the name of a town in Slovakia, do you think the Zhilina sisters have some Slovakian family? And...?

I have no idea, and why are they even a thing in this thread? This is the World Entires thread, and the question was about a skater who has been at Worlds before. And, what? I'm sorry, but I am extremely confused by this.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I have no idea, and why are they even a thing in this thread? This is the World Entires thread, and the question was about a skater who has been at Worlds before. And, what? I'm sorry, but I am extremely confused by this.
Sorry, it was a bit out of topic, but in answer to a message regretting there was no Slovakian skater at Worlds this year, and there had been a previous message evoking a Russian skater's Finnish grandparent.

Sara Hurtado was injured last year.

Andrea82

Medalist

They submitted both their programs for a video evaluation.
H/K scored 175.43 (67.17 RD + 108.27 FD
S/D scored con 169.24 (62.52 RD + 106.72 FD)

The video of the programs submitted are here:

Andrea82

Medalist
They submitted both their programs for a video evaluation.
H/K scored 175.43 (67.17 RD + 108.27 FD
S/D scored con 169.24 (62.52 RD + 106.72 FD)

The video of the programs submitted are here:

Here is the protocol of Spanish selection scores:

pesto

On the Ice
This year, more than any other, I feel gutted for the skaters who just missed out on qualifying / selection for worlds. In other years, a lot of them would have had good competitive seasons in GPs and Euros/4C, but this year, this is the only big international show there is.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Actually no man from Australia or Malaysia... ?

I'm not familiar with the Korean ladies. Can theese two win three spots for olympics? What happened to Young You and Eunsoo?
Young You fell on her 3A at South Korean Nationals a couple of weeks ago and finished only 3rd senior (beaten by Lee with only 0.59 points).

Haein Lee is a first time senior. She won a couple of JGPs last season and was 5th at the JGP Final.

Yelim Kim has been around for a while. She was 6th at the JGP Final a couple of seasons ago and has a 8th and 6th place from 4CC.

Eunsoo Lim had a bad Nationals and finished only 6th.

Lee and Kim are definitely both Top 10 material and they can, if they do well, give Korea a 3rd spot going into the Olympic season. But if they do, that probably means no 3rd spot for the American ladies.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I just realized that none of the 2019 ladies medalists will be there. 😞 Actually, only 4 skaters (Kaori, Rika, Satoko, Bradie) will be there from the Top 10 from 2 years ago.

While in other disciplines there are at least 2 (pairs, ice dance) or all 3 (men) "defending" medalists.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I just realized that none of the 2019 ladies medalists will be there. 😞 Actually, only 4 skaters (Kaori, Rika, Satoko, Bradie) will be there from the Top 10 from 2 years ago.

While in other disciplines there are at least 2 (pairs, ice dance) or all 3 (men) "defending" medalists.
It's probably one of the reasons why I don't follow ladies that much....except for those few who are staying on longer.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The FISG published their ranking document for the allocation of spots at Worlds: https://static.fisg.it/wp-content/u...r-assegnazione-Campionati-Mondiali-2021-2.pdf

Although not yet confirmed, from the document it looks like the team for Italy will be:
Ladies: Lara Naki Gutmann
Men: Daniel Grassl, Matteo Rizzo
Pairs: Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise, Rebecca Ghilardi & Filippo Ambrosini
Ice Dance: Charlène Guignard & Marco Fabbri, Carolina Moscheni & Francesco Fioretti
What happened with Alessia Tornaghi? I enjoyed her a lot at 2020 Euros.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What happened with Alessia Tornaghi? I enjoyed her a lot at 2020 Euros.

I think she was injured earlier this season? I'm not sure, but either way, she had a rough season. If you click on the link in the post you quoted, it'll show you her scores in comparison to the other girls.