2021 World Entries

Olympic

On the Ice
Is there a SVK team entered? There was an excellent SVK gal a few years back who was top 10 material. What happened to her?

figureskatingandrainbows

A good knee bend soothes my soul
On the Ice
I guess a better question would be - is the ISU list of entries for Worlds complete -or- is the deadline to enter already past?
Is there a SVK team entered? There was an excellent SVK gal a few years back who was top 10 material. What happened to her?
Skaters can still be subbed out if issues arise, but the federation had to submit their teams by March 1, so Slovakia probably isn't sending skaters. I'm assuming you're talking about Nicole Rajičová, who hasn't retired but has all but disappeared.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Nicole Rajicova - After the 2019 Worlds (where she was 32nd and didn't qualify for the free), she didn't compete at all in the 2019 - 2020 season. She competed at the Four Nationals Championship (combined Nationals for Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, no Hungary this year) and was fifth overall, the highest-ranked Slovakian skater with a score of 124.85, but doesn't have the minimums and hasn't competed internationally since the 2019 Worlds.

DizzyFrenchie

On the Ice
Nicole Rajicova - After the 2019 Worlds (where she was 32nd and didn't qualify for the free), she didn't compete at all in the 2019 - 2020 season. She competed at the Four Nationals Championship (combined Nationals for Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, no Hungary this year) and was fifth overall, the highest-ranked Slovakian skater with a score of 124.85, but doesn't have the minimums and hasn't competed internationally since the 2019 Worlds.
In this case, Zhilina being the name of a town in Slovakia, do you think the Zhilina sisters have some Slovakian family? And...?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Sara Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin are representing Spain at Worlds, according to this tweet from the Spanish Federation: https://twitter.com/fedhielo/status/1368642025529225221

I believe (from what I've read on the forums/web in general) that the Spanish Fed had been planning some sort of monitoring session, some I'm guessing it has finished and they've selected Sara and Kirill. I'm a bit sad for Olivia and Adria, who were entered for last year, but best of luck to Sara and Kirill, here's hoping they can place in the top 10 and secure 2 spots for Spain at the Olympics!