2021 Worlds: Ladies' Short Program | Page 115 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Ladies' Short Program

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
So basically it's a corrupt sport? Perhaps judges should take a lie detector test, or better still, there could be UN judicial review :biggrin: into the chicanery involving officials at all level.
It's actually better than it used to be. Waaaay better. Also judges tend to be high ranking officials in their own Federations so they're going to go with the Federations wishes.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Those are scary. They usually take 9-ish months to rehab. Might miss Olympic season. IDK if she has injured it before, but if she has, this might be the end.
The French fed needs a lady for the Olympics. They will make the team event and have an outside chance to medal if P/C skate and Kevin skates well. They won't have Lorrine and now with Mae. I guess they have Lea.

Amei

Record Breaker
I just don't see how an elite skater who can land tons of quads can stumble on a counter. It's not even a rocker. It's a counter which is objectively easy to not mess up (and save) once you know how to do it.

I'm sure we could load up a thread on silly minor errors that elite skaters make occasionally, errors on easy elements happen likely because its so easy you relax your concentration - I remember more than a few times elite skaters falling going into their final pose.

Here you go, some of the sports greats making silly mistakes https://youtu.be/sPNQVnnOhOE

Last edited:

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I wonder if there has ever been such a competition in the history of figure skating, when people did not say "wazrobbed!!!!" :coffee:

for me personally was not clear only one thing - why they didn't call Karen's UR

problem with Rika's 3A I saw even when I watched a live without slowing down, UR is UR, it's math

Did Anna stumble slightly? Well, her stsq level was lowered, isn't? Her musicality and ability to interpret music is fantastic. "flutz"? noncens

readernick

Medalist
I would just say that Rockerskating the most diplomatic journalist in figure skating just did a live instagram and he was so shocked by the PCS judging and the result that even he was upset. He suggest 79 for Anna and 83 for Rika would have been correct. He was also shocked by Yelim score and Sasha's high PCS with serious errors compared to the Korean and Japanese ladies. It just didn't seem right to him.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sure we could load up a thread on silly minor errors that elite skaters make occasionally, errors on easy elements happen likely because its so easy you relax your concentration - I remember more than a few times elite skaters falling going into their final pose.
My favorite was Ashley Wagner falling on her butt at the end of Hip Hip Chin Chin