2022-2024 Team China Update | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022-2024 Team China Update

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
At the moment, there's a very important domestic competition going on in China - The fifth stage of the Interclub League, which is the selection event for the Cup of China host spots. Skaters who are in the top 50 of World Standing (Boyang Jin, Siyang Zhang/Yongchao Yang, Shiyue Wang/Xinyu Liu) are already pre-selected and don't have to compete here (but certainly can if they want to).

The Rhythm Dance and the Pairs Short Program have already concluded, allowing us an insight into the new programs and early condition of the Chinese teams.

Rhythm Dance results:
1. Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu - 72.39 (in top 50 of WS)

2. Xizi Chen / Jianing Xing - 69.14
3. Shang Shi / Nan Wu - 62.73 (Video from previous Interclub league stage)

Pairs Short Program results:
1. Jiaxuan Zhang / Yihang Huang - 60.01 (not age-eligible for international competitions)
2. Siyang Zhang / Yongchao Yang - 58.73 (in top 50 of WS)
3. Cheng Peng / Lei Wang - 58.36

4. Yuchen Wang / Lei Zhu - 53.84

A little reminder that the Chinese federation has only given up one host spot in ice dance, so in all of the other disciplines there are still three spots to be distributed (two in pairs and men if you detract those in the top 50 WS).

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The Men's SP is now also over and the results are as follows:
1. Dawei Dai - 78.47

2. He Zhang - 74.02
3. Juwen Xu - 63.75

Unfortunately, Zhiming Peng, one of the main contenders for the CoC host spot, had a rough skate today, stepping out on the 3A, having a surprise fall on the 4S and popping a planned 4T into a triple, and is currently sitting in 8th with a score of 58.96. At his last competition, he managed to do a clean two quad and 3A SP, but it was not meant to be today. Better luck in the Free Skate 🤞

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Women's SP happened today:
1. Ruichen Tong - 61.87 (not Senior-eligible)
2. Shuxian Jin - 59.32 (not Senior-eligible)
3. Xiangyi An - 57.06

4. - 7. are not age-eligible for seniors internationally
8. Joanna So (Hong Kong) - 53.31
9. Hongyi Chen - 52.55
10. Guanru Jin - 51.17

😭 Xiangyi is having issues with the 3S so far in her first two competitions. Hoping she redeems herself in the free skate. Luckily, she has no competition in Seniors in China. So, she should get a cup of China spot. I just need her to skate better.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Likely host picks:

Men:
Boyang Jin, Dawei Dai, He Zhang
Women: Xiangyi An, Hongyi Chen, Yi (Beverly) Zhu

However, I could see the Chinese fed giving up one spot in both disciplines (or even two in Women's, after all, they didn't even send Hongyi or Yi out internationally last season despite not having any other Sr Women with minimums for 4CC or Worlds).

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
Likely host picks:

Men:
Boyang Jin, Dawei Dai, He Zhang
Women: Xiangyi An, Hongyi Chen, Yi (Beverly) Zhu

However, I could see the Chinese fed giving up one spot in both disciplines (or even two in Women's, after all, they didn't even send Hongyi or Yi out internationally last season despite not having any other Sr Women with minimums for 4CC or Worlds).
they could also send Cheng Jiaying or Jin Hengxin who are both going to Asian Open

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
they could also send Cheng Jiaying or Jin Hengxin who are both going to Asian Open
Maybe, but not that likely I think.
Jiaying also competed here and finished in 14th with a score of 140.61, placing below the other three senior-eligible women I listed here, so I think she's out.
Hengxin wasn't here, but she already competed at two previous stages of the Interclub league, where she scored 162.08 in juniors in Beijing and 134.38 in seniors in Harbin, but from what I understand this was the selection event, so her absence here might exclude her on principle alone.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chinese Junior Dancers

Chinese Senior Dancers

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sr Men

Sr Women

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2023-2024 Chinese National Championships – December 21-24, 2023
Hebei /CHN – name of arena |
Wikipedia | Results

Thread moved to Chinese Nationals thread.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some videos from https://www.youtube.com/@tikezhang/videos

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Bad News. There might be no appearence in Junior Worlds due to the intense relationship between Beijing and Taipei. It's said that citizens from mainland China can't get their VISA form Taipei Goverment.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Bad News. There might be no appearence in Junior Worlds due to the intense relationship between Beijing and Taipei. It's said that citizens from mainland China can't get their VISA form Taipei Goverment.
As I've seen such rumor mostly from FS forums in China, I'd suggest to wait until the entry list to JWC published to make any judgement on this.

BTW, Taipei Government doesn't have the right to issue VISA for any visitor from China; it should be the specified agency under Taiwan Government. (Actually, I highly doubt Taiwan's government would refuse to issue the VISA to competitors from China for such international competition. But I won't be surprised that China's government REFUSEs to send their skaters to Taiwan given some meaningless political excuse ...:shrug:)