2024 Worlds Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 Worlds Entries

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They've updated the entry list, and Mark Gorodnitsky now has Israel's spot.
I love Mark so I am very happy for him and his family (he is Canadian born and still trains in Toronto) ... as they will be able to cheer for him on home ice.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm glad they have finally seen sense. Having Lev Vinokur as their entry and Mark as the reserve had seemed a bit silly. Yes, it would be good experience for Lev, but he was very unlikely to make the free.

The downside is that it will now make it even more difficult for Ed Appleby to make the free.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm glad they have finally seen sense. Having Lev Vinokur as their entry and Mark as the reserve had seemed a bit silly. Yes, it would be good experience for Lev, but he was very unlikely to make the free.

The downside is that it will now make it even more difficult for Ed Appleby to make the free.
with 40 entries in men, making the free will be hard for pretty much everyone, even some of the usual top guns... pops and falls will be very costly. Orzel didn't make the free last year and had a not so bad SP... so it is worrisome for most I would think

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
with 40 entries in men, making the free will be hard for pretty much everyone, even some of the usual top guns... pops and falls will be very costly. Orzel didn't make the free last year and had a not so bad SP... so it is worrisome for most I would think
Yes. There are a lot of entries in all four disciplines. From the GB entries, I am only expecting Lilah and Lewis to make the free.

The jump up to seniors seems particularly large in men at the moment. Based on season's best scores, not even Adam Hagara would make the free and he's the current youth world bronze medalist, JGPF bronze medalist and YOG silver medalist! Yes, I know that season's best scores are only a very rough guide and some people will have really good skates and far exceed their SB and some will get a much lower score than their SB, but it does give an indication of just how competitive it is.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mark Gorodnitsky is using Moonlight Sonata for his SP instead of a Scorpions tune, btw.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The jump up to seniors seems particularly large in men at the moment. Based on season's best scores, not even Adam Hagara would make the free and he's the current youth world bronze medalist, JGPF bronze medalist and YOG silver medalist! Yes, I know that season's best scores are only a very rough guide and some people will have really good skates and far exceed their SB and some will get a much lower score than their SB, but it does give an indication of just how competitive it is.
Dance is extremely competitive too, a RD score of over 68 might not even cut it if everyone skates (and gets scored!) to their full potential.