2022-23 Grand Prix assignments | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Grand Prix assignments

Country
Norway
I don't get why Starr Andrews got the spot at SC. She was only 15th on the replacement list. Kiibus, Kitromilis, Paganini and a LOT of Korean girls ahead of her.
I would guess Visa problems could have something to do with it, since people have WD from SC because of that, my guess it´s easier for an US skater to get hold of that? Anyways, if it was a host spot it was up to SC to decide I think?

MaHa75

On the Ice
I would guess Visa problems could have something to do with it, since people have WD from SC because of that, my guess it´s easier for an US skater to get hold of that? Anyways, if it was a host spot it was up to SC to decide I think?
Iit wasnt host spot and EU citizen does not need visa for entering Canada...its seem more that bigger federatiin has used his power...Starr Andrew is 27 places behind Kiibus on Season best list. So...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Easier for a US skater, fine.. but Canada has a lot of agreements with other countries too which means many skaters ahead of Starr could have come without visa being an issue.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
After examining the Replacement List for women, there are some skaters still skating in juniors, and wd/quotas/already assigned makes Andrews move up to 8th place on the Replacement List. The host nation can pick anyone out of the top 10, so I guess that's why Andrews got the spot.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'd like to see Josefin Taljegård the most! Or Eva Lotta, but she competes the week after NHK, and I don't think she could make it from Japan to Finland in one week's time and be competition ready. Same for Alexia Paganini who competes in the UK the week before NHK. Too bad Gracie or EunSoo cannot be selected as the US and Korea are already maxed out on spots at NHK. Maybe Lindsay van Zundert or Gabby Daleman, then? Kailani Craine is another option, she doesn't have a GP at all, like Josefin.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ and at this point, not even sure Gabby will do Skate Canada... I read she was in a serious car accident and her back was hurt.. she just started to skate again. I have no source... no idea of the details etc... but considering her bad luck. i wouldn't be surprised it that were true. She also withdrew from Skate Ontario Summer Sectionals...

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Nina Pinzarrone is out of both of her GP events due to injury 😞 Quick recovery to her! 🍀
This could be a chance for Eva Lotta, EunSoo, Alexia, Gabby or Gracie to get another GP.
Eunsoo withdrew from her only assignment, so I assume she not going to be assigned to a different Grand Prix.

Country
Norway
^^ and at this point, not even sure Gabby will do Skate Canada... I read she was in a serious car accident and her back was hurt.. she just started to skate again. I have no source... no idea of the details etc... but considering her bad luck. i wouldn't be surprised it that were true. She also withdrew from Skate Ontario Summer Sectionals...
I read that too about Gabby on Twitter, she even reposted it on her Twitter-account, so unfortunately it means it´s true :( So much bad luck, car accident sounds scary as hell!

Edit: Here is the source, that Gabby retweetet:

Country
Norway
Since they picked Starr for SC from the top 10 replacement list, maybe they will pick another US skater. If Izzo is on the top 10 replacement list, she might be picked since she only have one GP. But I don´t know if she is.

For NHK trophy they can´t pick US skater since they already have 3 skaters. So my guess would be Eva Lotta or Alexia there.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I read that too about Gabby on Twitter, she even reposted it on her Twitter-account, so unfortunately it means it´s true :( So much bad luck, car accident sounds scary as hell!

Edit: Here is the source, that Gabby retweetet:

We used to have a thread about Injuries and Ills, but it hasn't been around for a while, and I had no idea Gabby was injured. Very sad to hear that, wishing her a complete recovery as well. :pray: That's a lot of bad luck...

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Stsrr Andrew wasnt even top 10 in replacement list...but thats the way it is. So unfair lot of others
See this previous post by Jontor:
“After examining the Replacement List for women, there are some skaters still skating in juniors, and wd/quotas/already assigned makes Andrews move up to 8th place on the Replacement List. The host nation can pick anyone out of the top 10, so I guess that's why Andrews got the spot.”

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Replacement List for Women - UPDATED

1. Eva-Lotta Kiibus - has one spot
2. Ahsun Yun - has one spot
Minchae Kim - competing in JGP
Chaeyeon Kim - competing in JGP
3. Seoyeong Wi - has one spot
Eunsoo Lim - wd from SC, probably not eligible for another event
4. Yeonjeong Park - has one spot
Nina Pinzarrone - got two spots now
5. Yuhana Yokoi - has one spot
Clare Seo - competing in JGP
6. Marilena Kitromilis - has one spot
7. Alexia Paganini - has one spot
8. Gabriella Izzo - has one spot
9. Kaiya Ruiter - will Canada let her skate in seniors?
Starr Andrews - got two spots now
Kimmy Repond - competing in JGP
10. Gabrielle Daleman - has a spot, but can she compete after her accident?
11. Ava Marie Ziegler
12. Lindsay van Zundert - has one spot
13. Eliska Brezinova - has one spot
Rion Sumiyoshi - got two spots now
14. Seoyeon Ji - has one spot
15. Yi Zhu - has one spot
16. Léa Serna - has one spot
17. Kate Wang - will US let her skate in seniors?
18. Julia Sauter - has one spot
19. Emmi Peltonen - has one spot
20. Jenni Saarinen - has one spot
21. Alison Schumacher - has one spot

These are the eligible skaters on the list. Lots of questionmarks if some skaters will move to seniors??

In case of a WD, the host nation must choose anyone from the top 10.

You can get into the Replacement List if you win a Challenger event this season. That's how Nika Egadze got his GP spot last year.

I wonder what happens if the Replacement List runs out of options (which could very well happen this year!). Can the host nation assign anyone or do they have to leave the spot vacant...?

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Replacement List for Women - UPDATED

3. Minchae Kim - will Korea let her skate in seniors?
4. Chaeyeon Kim - will Korea let her skate in seniors?
Both are entered in JGPs (one in Yerevan and one in the first Gdansk stage). You can't do both Senior and Junior GPs in the same season in the same discipline.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Both are entered in JGPs (one in Yerevan and one in the first Gdansk stage). You can't do both Senior and Junior GPs in the same season in the same discipline.
Yeah, I suspected that. Pity though. WIthout the Russian women this season, the Koreans have the chance to really rival Japan at the top of the women seniors. The Koreans really have so much depth on the women side. I guess that is an after effect of Yuna Kim being a national hero 10+ years ago.
I will update the list.