2022-23 Grand Prix Projected Entries | Golden Skate

2022-23 Grand Prix Projected Entries

haribobo

On the Ice
Here are my early guesses on who we might see on the GP next year- of course 4CC, Euros, OLY, and Jr and Sr Worlds will factor a lot also- let me know who I am missing... the numbers are a rough guess on the amount of skaters being sent out per country

WOMEN- 36 (assuming break or retirements from Daleman, Tuk, Tennell, Bell, Chen, Glenn, Satoko)
RUS 9 Muravieva Petrosian Samodelkina Khromykh Usacheva Sinitsyna Trusova, Shcherb Kostornaia Valieva (some of these prob wont continue though)
JPN 6 Rino Mana Rinka Mihara Kaori Wakaba (although the last 3 have been around for a while)
USA 6 Liu Thorngren Levito + 3 or so more depending on Nationals, SB, and WR
CAN 2 Ruiter Schizas (plus a home spot for Bausback or whoever)
OTHER 13 Loena Gubanova Gutmann Serna Safonova Kurakova Petrokina Shabotova Kitromilis Young Yelim Haein YJPark Mikutina, maybe Paganini Kiibus and a few more Korean skaters

MEN -36 (assuming break or retirement from Aliev, Kolyada, Samarin, Chen, Zhou, Brown, Hanyu, Uno, Messing, Nguyen)
RUS 9 Lutfullin Yablokov Kondratiuk Mozalev Gumennik Ignatov Semenenko Erohkov Samsonov/Kovalev/Rukhin
JPN 6 Yuma Sato Miura Miyake Sota Tomono
USA 6 Naumov Paniot Malinin Ma + 2 or so more depending on Nationals, SB, and WR (most likely Camden and Tomoki if they continue)
CAN 5 Chiu Gogolev Sadovsky+ 2 or so more depending on Nationals, SB, and WR
Other 10 Fa Grassl Britschgi Egadze Levandi Vasiljevs Cha Aymoz Rizzo- thoughts on Morisi and Boyang? They've been around a while...

Last edited:

haribobo

On the Ice
PAIRS- 24 (assuming break or retirements from Tarasova/Morozov, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Knierim/Frazier, Sui/Han, Peng/Jin, Cain/LeDuc, MTM, Walsh/Michaud, James/Radford, DMG, Ziegler/Kiefer)
RUS6 Akapova/Rakhmanin Artemeva/Nazarychev, Panfilova/Rylov, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Kadyrova/Balchenko, Mishina/Galliamov
USA6 Lu/Mitrofanov, Calalang/Johnson, Liu/O’Shea, Chan/Howe, Smirnova/Siianytsia, +1more
CAN4 McIntosh/Mimar, Stellato/Deschamps, Matte/Ferland +1more
Other 10 Golubeva/Giotopoulos/Moore, Safina/Berulava Miura/Kihara Pavlova/Nagy Barquero/Zandron, Metelkina/Parkman, Wang/Huang, Hase/Seegert, Ghilardi/Ambrosini +1more

DANCE- 30 (assuming break or retirements from Gilles/Poirier, Hubbell/Donohue, Hurtado/Khaliavin, Smart/Diaz, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Wang/Liu, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Komatsubara/Koleto, and Papadakis/Cizeron)
RUS7 Davis/Smolkin, Ushakova/Nekrasov, Morozov/Bagin, Khudaberdieva/Bazin, Stepanova/Bukin Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy, Skotcova/Aleshin
USA7 Chock/Bates Nguyen/Smirnov Green/Parsons Wolfkostin/Chen Brown/Brown Bratti/Somerville Flores/Tsarevski (I kinda could see C/P and H/B packing it in)
CAN7 Makita/Gunara, Lajoie/Lagha, FB/Sorensen, D’Alessandro/Waddell, Fabbri/Ayer, Bashynska/Beaumont +1more
OTHER9 Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, Demougeot/Le Mercier, Kazakova/Reviya, Lopareva/Brissaud, Taschlerova/Taschler, Muramoto/Takahashi, Turkkila/Versluis, Nazarova/Nikitin, Fear/Gibson

Ivana

On the Ice
PAIRS- 24 (assuming break or retirements from Tarasova/Morozov, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Knierim/Frazier, Sui/Han, Peng/Jin, Cain/LeDuc, MTM, Walsh/Michaud, James/Radford, DMG, Ziegler/Kiefer)
RUS6 Akapova/Rakhmanin Artemeva/Nazarychev, Panfilova/Rylov, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Kadyrova/Balchenko, Mishina/Galliamov
USA6 Lu/Mitrofanov, Calalang/Johnson, Liu/O’Shea, Chan/Howe, Smirnova/Siianytsia, +1more
Other 10 Golubeva/Giotopoulos/Moore, Safina/Berulava Miura/Kihara Pavlova/Nagy Barquero/Zandron, Metelkina/Parkman, Wang/Huang, Hase/Seegert, Ghilardi/Ambrosini +1more
I do wonder why do you assume that Boikova/Kozlovskii will be done after this season? She is not even 20 yet and he just turned 22. I don't see them going anywhere.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I think this projection assumes too many retirements/breaks in career.
Maybe it's meant to provoke a lively debate from all of us who object and wonder :)

For my part, since my favorite field is the Japanese skaters and especially the men - I don't think Shoma will take a break if reasonably healthy.
Sena is a big question mark as of now. He shone at Nationals, but underperformed in Austria, and wasn't anywhere near his Nats results at his overseas competitions in general. We'll see at 4CC if Nationals was a game changer for him. If he doesn't deliver, then my bet on NHK spot next season is on Koshiro instead of Sena. I assume Kao is now on a roll, and will get those GP spots for himself for next year, and I guess he'll be eager to turn senior. Tatsuya might be a NHK spoiler too, he'll be aging out of juniors soon, and if he does well at JWC, I can see JSF considering him for the NHK TBD spot. (how weird to think aloud like this in the middle of the season, but at least I can reassess how right or wrong I was later on...) Praying that Haribobo is right about Sota on GP next year. :pray:

I hope Rika's injuries won't make her sit out another season so hoping for a fierce return from her :pray:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Maybe it's meant to provoke a lively debate from all of us who object and wonder :)

For my part, since my favorite field is the Japanese skaters and especially the men - I don't think Shoma will take a break if reasonably healthy.
Sena is a big question mark as of now. He shone at Nationals, but underperformed in Austria, and wasn't anywhere near his Nats results at his overseas competitions in general. We'll see at 4CC if Nationals was a game changer for him. If he doesn't deliver, then my bet on NHK spot next season is on Koshiro instead of Sena. I assume Kao is now on a roll, and will get those GP spots for himself for next year, and I guess he'll be eager to turn senior. Tatsuya might be a NHK spoiler too, he'll be aging out of juniors soon, and if he does well at JWC, I can see JSF considering him for the NHK TBD spot. (how weird to think aloud like this in the middle of the season, but at least I can reassess how right or wrong I was later on...) Praying that Haribobo is right about Sota on GP next year. :pray:

I hope Rika's injuries won't make her sit out another season so hoping for a fierce return from her :pray:
Well, my outlook is more grim atm, so I would just wait till July to see how the cookie crumbles.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice

DANCE- 30 (assuming break or retirements from Gilles/Poirier, Hubbell/Donohue, Hurtado/Khaliavin, Smart/Diaz, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Wang/Liu, Zagorski/Guerreiro, Komatsubara/Koleto, and Papadakis/Cizeron)
RUS7 Davis/Smolkin, Ushakova/Nekrasov, Morozov/Bagin, Khudaberdieva/Bazin, Stepanova/Bukin Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy, Skotcova/Aleshin
USA7 Chock/Bates Nguyen/Smirnov Green/Parsons Wolfkostin/Chen Brown/Brown Bratti/Somerville Flores/Tsarevski (I kinda could see C/P and H/B packing it in)
CAN7 Makita/Gunara, Lajoie/Lagha, FB/Sorensen, D’Alessandro/Waddell, Fabbri/Ayer, Bashynska/Beaumont +1more
OTHER9 Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky, Demougeot/Le Mercier, Kazakova/Reviya, Lopareva/Brissaud, Taschlerova/Taschler, Muramoto/Takahashi, Turkkila/Versluis, Nazarova/Nikitin, Fear/Gibson
Akopova and Rakhmanin have no official seasons best (so at best a host spot) plus 3 top Russian junior pairs are aging out (M/E, K/K,G/M)

Rashela

On the Ice
Getting a spot as a Russian pair will be really a blood bath since so many good junior pairs are aging out and probably only Tarasova and Morozov retiring.