2022-23 Japan National Championship - where to watch | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japan National Championship - where to watch

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, forget everything I said about MujiTV. Himawari is the bomb....no buffering and great quality....
Buy time with Paypal, email customer service and say you need an id and password and include your new emailed trial key, recieve email in a day and go to the link provided in post 14.... (BTW on my channel list, Fuji two is 67)

Last edited:

hop456

Rinkside
OK, I am not using an ipad. I am using a lap top and just going to the link and opening up TVer in my browser. No app. I decided to create an account just in case that would help me in any way but it wasnt needed. I am about useless as a computer geek. I dont understand why any device can not just go to the link provided by t. and watch

I have only used MujiTV on desk tops and lap tops. It is a bit tricky to set up but once you understand the method to their madness, it works on those two items. Here is my school I updated in early 2022. The actual interface changes a bit but the main thing is you have to click on a group of channels on the left to get the individual channels. Once you find out where 5 and 22 are, you can click on the day and time and watch on demand. The trial purchase is confusing as you have to ignore the cloud registering screen and just exit out. There are two versions of interface. But they arre not hard to understand with alittle playing around.
Muji TV

MujiTV Prime, 56 channels, live and on demand, including Fuji TV terrestrial, Channel 5, and BS Fuji, channel 22, but not CS Fuji . You can see everything at Japan nats on Fuji terrestrial and BS except some of the ladies short early groups and the dance and pairs. (see schedule at end) You will see all of the men, short and free. $3, three day trial required, then $20 for a month.

Start here.

https://streamingtvasia.com/live-streaming-japanese-tv/

Click on the big red icon for the 3 buck premium trial.

You put in a name and a good email. You will pay through pay pal. Once you pay, you will be taken to some obscure cloud register screen. Exit out and go to your email address you gave them. Get your code number. I did this on my desk top. Then, I went to my wife's laptop in front of my big screen TV and put in Mujitv.com and selected "register" . I put in the code sent to my email I gave them and then made up a password and log in name. Voila! You get the main screen. I used Windows 10 to create a shortcut to the desk top screen. Menu>more tools> create short cut.
The first thing you notice is that the interface has been changed from the main Muji website..(the first link above.)..dont swear like I did when you see the difference. Mearly click on a GROUP of channels and you get everything promised. Go to a channel, go to a day and time, then click the maximize symbol on the preview screen located in the lower right of the preview screen.(pic one) Want to return to the main menu? Use the escape key. Easy. The only bad thing about Muji is that you dont get CS Fuji. Connect your HDMI cable to the computer and then to your telly.

last version I saw
View attachment 6182
Previous version
View attachment 6183
Thank you so much for your detailed help!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wonder if some of our Japanese friends can recommend channel numbers that might have "travel in Japan" shows...especially rural Japan?
Japan scenesn.jpg

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tried to watch the last two groups of women early this AM on my tablet.

I tried the PQQ guy and while the page loaded for me - the screen was black with no audio. I tried incognito browser as well as someone on the Women's FS suggested but no dice. Do you have to watch it on a laptop? My phone didn't work either.

I'm a Patreon subscriber to TSL and they have "watch parties" hosted by Dave and Jenny where they record them for subscribers so I'm going to download those to watch some of the men's SP.

I wish we didn't have to jump thru so many hoops to watch JNats, while there is a free stream to watch RusNats, which is considered so taboo this season that Jackie Wong isn't even covering it.

ETA: TSL was watching JNats videos from this Reddit feed.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was watching replays of the ladies on this site. Don't know if this is geoblocked for people.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was watching replays of the ladies on this site. Don't know if this is geoblocked for people.

Yes, thanks! This channel works and not geoblocked for the US. I've seen Kaori's FS on Reddit but now I'll watch the rest of the top women.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am still using Himawari. the replay bugs went away when I switched to chrome. Bought another week to explore with. it makes more sense than US tv and everything is live and on demand for a month....try that with your rabbit ears in the US.
I cant figure out how to add the week I bought so when my current script runs dry tomorrow I am hoping they provide a place for a new code which I have. I go to my account but I dont see a link to add a new code number. Chrome translate wont work here.

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
I tried to watch the last two groups of women early this AM on my tablet.

I tried the PQQ guy and while the page loaded for me - the screen was black with no audio. I tried incognito browser as well as someone on the Women's FS suggested but no dice. Do you have to watch it on a laptop? My phone didn't work either.

I'm a Patreon subscriber to TSL and they have "watch parties" hosted by Dave and Jenny where they record them for subscribers so I'm going to download those to watch some of the men's SP.

I wish we didn't have to jump thru so many hoops to watch JNats, while there is a free stream to watch RusNats, which is considered so taboo this season that Jackie Wong isn't even covering it.

ETA: TSL was watching JNats videos from this Reddit feed.

qq remains a mystery.
I tried it for a certain competition (don't know if it was All Japan or not) last year on my tablet and it just would not load.
Laptop has always been fine (last and this year).
Now this year, it loads on the tablet as well.
Don't know what's the difference. Maybe the browser was not fully updated?

I use Windows/Android and Chrome on both. When there's issues on the laptop (rarely), I just use an incognito window there.
But no VPN (maybe also firewall/anti-virus could cause problems)!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI my original subscription of Himawari told me after I finished the mens that it has run out after three days and to contact the support to renew. I purchased a full week and went to the support email I originally got and replied to it with my account number, password and new key number. Will update my school and see how long it takes for support to reply. Want to see the gala.
Finishing up my school for next year...
Watching Japanese Himawari 2022 under docs all chris docs skating

Himawari (new, upgraded version of iSakura)

Notes for use on web browser
No vpn needed Himwari Plus (98 Channels) includes Fuji TV (CH 5), BS Fuji (BS CH 24) and Fuji TV Two (CH 66)
$4 for 3 day subscription $8 for 7 day subscription

Step 1. Go to Himawari main page linked above and click on the trial plan of Himawari plus you wish to purchase. Use paypal. When you get to the cloud login in screen, just exit out.

2. Get email with secret code

3. Send secret code to SmartCloud Help Desk [email protected] with explanation of what you are trying to do.

4. They will send you an ID number and password

5. Go to web browser link (pro OTT TV) and long in
web browser link

http://webtv.hmfyw.net/

No apps/software to install
Chris notes. Buy trial period, send number to customer service/ general for an id and pass word

ID number AADBXXXXXXXXX Password XXXXXX

Works with chrome . No replay glitch on chrome. Maybe replay glitch with fire fox. If you accidently leave your VPN on, it might/will take you to iSakura and it wont work.

Last edited: