2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha! I've reached Vayana HRISTOVA (BUL). And I am pleased to report that she is better covered up than she was yesterday.

You know, I took a real liking to her sister, Chiara, when I first saw her a few years ago. And now that I have seen Vayana, I think the same is going to happen again. She is a beautiful skater.

She goes into 3rd position overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Sorry @norwegianfairytale , but Taisia RUMYANTSEVA (NOR) has become the latest victim of Defne Sanal's climb up the order.

To be honest, apart from the fall, I didn't see much wrong with it. But, she drops down to 7th in the FS, and 7th overall.

Sanal slay count: 8

CaroLiza_fan
Points in Novice category is often very tight so if you make a mistake it´s easy to drop a few places. I think Taisia is quite satisfied with her first international competition, not only that, but it´s her first competition in the category of Novice, and in Advanced Novice so naturally she improved her PB with around 12 points :clap::clap: She only started doing competitions in 2020, and one year ago she even competed in Springs category, so big steps for her in one year. I hope she will be able to get triples in the future because she will for sure be an interesting skater to watch!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Points in Novice category is often very tight so if you make a mistake it´s easy to drop a few places. I think Taisia is quite satisfied with her first international competition, not only that, but it´s her first competition in the category of Novice, and in Advanced Novice so naturally she improved her PB with around 12 points :clap::clap: She only started doing competitions in 2020, and one year ago she even competed in Springs category, so big steps for her in one year. I hope she will be able to get triples in the future because she will for sure be an interesting skater to watch!

Wow! I would never have guessed that this was her first competition at Novice level.

She is really climbing through the ranks in a quick space of time. That is impressive! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now that I know this, it will be even more interesting to see how she progresses in the next few years.

Oh, and as a footnote, I am finally caught up and am now watching LIVE again.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Vladyslava PONOMARENKO (UKR) taught us a valuable lesson, which I fully approve of.

Don't skate to Billie Eilish.

During the first section, I was thinking "oh, I like this programme". But then "Tough Guy" appeared. And everything starting going wrong for Vladyslava. A fall, then a double hands down, and then another fall in quick succession.

Then when the music changed, everything went good again.

Admittedly, there was another section of Billie EIlish at the end, but it didn't have an impact.

Although she had a disappointing FS, I can see potential in this girl.

Just stay away from Billie Eilish.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Second after the SP Varvara KOROTKOVA (UZB) just skated.

She had a fall early on next to the boards. But, otherwise, very good.

And like yesterday, her Junior team-mate Amaliya SULAYMONOVA joined her when she was waiting for her scores.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Love it when skaters support each other.

Unfortunately, she drops down to 3rd overall. And because Alika KHALIMOVA (KAZ) had such a big lead from the SP, Varvara is now unlikely to feature on the podium.

But, at least she has a friend to support her. And to cheer on later on.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was too quick a turnaround to the boys. I barely more than got started writing my final post about the girls! :drama:

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 5h 19m 51s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUMnc1xAgY&t=19191

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...ADVNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG014.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Alika KHALIMOVA (KAZ) finished 2nd in the FS, 2.80 points behind team-mate Sofiya KOVALENKO. But her lead from the SP meant that she won with a 10.59 lead over Kovalenko.

That win in the FS meant that Kovalenhko climbed 5 places from her SP position of 7th.

Incidentally, Defne SANAL (TUR) was 14th in the FS, which meant that she climbed from 32nd to 22nd. So, her final slay count was 10.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just what you need to start the chaos - The Scorpions!!! 🦂 :rock:

Unfortunately, it was slowed down a bit too much.

Good start to the competition for Atilla Arda ŞAHINOLANLAR. But, we'll have to wait and see if he can overtake Aykut Eren DİNÇ, who was just less than a point ahead of him.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nah, no change.

Unless Batu TASASIZ does something spectacularly good or spectacularly bad, I think they will finish in their SP order.

He has lots of support from the crowd.

He should retain his lead. And he does. In fact, he increases it to nearly 10 points!

Now it is all down to what Ege ALACAN does.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There's no question about it. Ege ALACAN is the winner.

Yep. He comfortably wins both FS and overall.

50 minute break now until quarter past.

Should get yesterday's Deep Space 9 watched,

EDIT: Good job I checked the Time Schedule PDF. Either the announcer said it wrong, or I heard it wrong. But, it is actually the top of the hour that the action is supposed to resume. Not quarter past.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now for our final segment of the day, we move from the Advanced Novices to the Juniors, and from the boys to the girls, for our second marathon of the day.

Livestream for the Junior Ladiess FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 6h 23m 09s, and cuts off in the middle of skater #37's programme):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUMnc1xAgY&t=22989

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG010.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Black Horse And The Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall.

Great way to get the marathon going. :rock:

And I would imagine that it would be good warm-up music. Get the skaters fired up. So, great choice for the rink DJ.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Black Horse And The Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall.

Great way to get the marathon going. :rock:

And I would imagine that it would be good warm-up music. Get the skaters fired up. So, great choice for the rink DJ.

CaroLiza_fan

And from that great start, we quickly go downhill. Skater #2, Ceren ÇOLAK (TUR), did her FS to "Je Suis Malade". :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Amaliya SULAYMONOVA (UZB) just skated, and she again had her team-mate Varvara KOROTKOVA (4th overall in Advanced Novice Ladies) keeping her company again while waiting for her scores.

Love the camaraderie between these two skaters.

Not too sure about Varvara's trousers, though...

And we finally have a new leader. Amaliya takes over the lead in both the FS and overall from Sofiia SHUBINA (KGZ), who has climbed up 6 places from the 35th position that she was in overnight.

:cheer: WELL DONE AMALIYA!!! :cheer:

And for that matter:

:cheer: WELL DONE VARVARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Well, on to ice resurfacing time. I agree with what @CaroLiza_fan said earlier about the ice resurfacing video, it's rather odd to be showcasing Russian skaters when they're banned from international competitions. :scratch2:

Can't wait for the junior men to start, I'm watching this competition primarily because I saw Dhiyab Aldarmaki on the entry list. Go Dhiyab (and everyone else too)!:cheer:
My guess is that this is an old promo video for the competition. It´s not only Russian skaters, but others skaters as well. Probably they have paid money for the rights to use different cuts in the promo, so I can totally understand why they choose to re-use it if they spent a great deal of money (and time) on it. If it was ISU though, that would be an other story. They surely would have the money and video rights to just make a new one.

If the promo however was made after the Russian skaters was suspended, it is quite odd.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't like this version of "The Show Must Go On" that Krista GEORGIEVA (BUL) is using at the best of times. But, with the distortion on the stream, it is even worse than normal.

If you are going to skate to a Queen song, for goodnesss sake use Freddie and the boys. You can't beat them!

Not a bad skate.

She goes into 5th in the FS, and 3rd overall.

This is tight at the top. 4.5 points covering the Top 6 in the FS, and 2.5 points covering the Top 4 overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I remember this FS by Karina ISSAKOVA (KAZ) from the Junior GP Series. I normally don't approve of skating to covers of ABBA songs rather than the originals, but I loved this French cover.

Normally when somebody to "The Winner Takes It All", I an uneasy about them tempting fate. But, with this French version, I'll let it pass.

And in both the FS and overall, she slots in just behind the skater she followed! So, 6th in the FS, and 4th overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh dear.

Sabina ALIEVA (AZE) had a fall in the middle of her programme. And then at the end she finished WAAAAYYYY after her music.

So, that should be 2 points in deductions straight away.

And given how tight it was in the SP, and how tight it is at the top of the FS, I can see her dropping significantly.

Taking a long time for the scores to come through. That isn't a good sign either.

SIX POINTS IN DEDUCTIONS!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Were there other falls that I forgot about?

24th in the FS, which drops her to 13th overall.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello Chiara. And hello Dolores.

🧟‍♀️

I have loved this programme every time I have seen it this season. And today is no different.

The Hristova sisters are on it!!!

Oh, I hope this takes the lead.

SHE DOES!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :points: :party2: :hb:

And a decent lead it is too. By 7.75 points in the FS and by 10.27 points overall, both over Ekaterine IAZADZHI (GEO).

:cheer: WELL DONE CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The penultimate group ended with another skater dropping down the order. Yağmur Derin KEVINÇ (TUR) was 22nd in the FS, which dropped her to 12th overall.

Which means that, going into the final group, Chiara HRISTOVA (BUL) still leads by 10.27 points.

Much as I love Chiara, I have a kid skating second in this group, so I make no apologies for hoping that Stefania puts in a great FS and stays ahead of her.

CaroLiza_fan