2023 Bosphorus Cup | Nov 27 - Dec 3 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Bosphorus Cup | Nov 27 - Dec 3

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The final day of the Bosphorus Cup has the same running order as yesterday. So, we start with the Senior Singles skaters. 17 girls; followed by 11 boys. The 17 girls are arranged into a group of 5; followed by a group of 6; followed by a resurfacing; followed by a group of 6.

Livestream for Senior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUg3o_556IE

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2023/bosph2023odf/SEG004.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What better way to start our last day in Turkey than with some Middle Eastern music?

It started off as an "Aladdin" programme, using the version of "Arabian Nights" from the live-action film (I prefer the version from the animated film, but hey!) But then it left "Aladdin", and went into actual Middle Eastern music.

I liked the idea of the programme. As for the costume, it didn't really fit the theme. It just looked like a normal figure skating dress to me. But, the tiara was a nice touch.

I forgot to say that it was Russalina SHAKROVA (KAZ) that was skating first. And she had a fall.

But, it was a nice programme to start the day with.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha! I remember Amina ALEXEYEVA (KAZ) from when she did this programme at the Denis Ten Memorial Challenge!

This is what I wrote then:

I know I am behind, but I have to comment about who I am watching now.

Never did I ever think that I would hear the "Skye Boat Song" sung in French, never mind being skated to by a skater from Kazakhstan.

Ah, here it is in English now. Sounds like the same singer.

And now bagpipes! Can this day get any better?!

That was beautiful Amina. Forget everybody else, here's the winner for me!

CaroLiza_fan

And seeing the programme for a second time, I still feel the same about it. Everything about it is beautiful.

Into a big lead in both the FS (8.77 points) and overall (11.99 points).

:cheer: WELL DONE AMINA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh oh. Fatma Yade KARLIKLI (TUR) had a hard fall and hurt herself.

She got up, but her left hip was in agony. She managed to get over to the panel, talked to them, and then went off to our side of the arena, where we couldn't see (pesky catch-fences that aren't see through!)

After a long break, she came back into view and went back to the panel.

Oh, she's going to try to complete her programme. I wasn't expecting that.

She's getting massive support from the audience.

You know, she didn't disgrace herself in the second part. Yes she popped a jump, and had another fall (thankfully small).

When she came to the sofa to get her scores, you could see she was trying to disguise that she was suffering.

Hmmm. I would have liked to have seen a bit more support and sympathy from her coach.

Very long wait for her scores. Come on, the girl's in pain!

Oh, somebody else has just come in and joined them on the sofa. And she looks very familiar. She's definitely a fellow skater, but I can't place who she is.

EDIT: Just looked at Fatma's ISU Bio, and realised who it was. It's the 4 time Turkish Senior Ladies Champion Sıla Saygı, who choreographed this programme!​

She goes into 3rd in the FS, and overall.

Now go and see a doctor, and then rest.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was beautiful Maria.

For somebody who has only just come back to Singles skating after years doing Pairs skating, what Maria CHERNYSHOVA (AUS) is doing is remarkable. She looks like she has never been away.

Although he has upped sticks, the Australian Fed should be very grateful that Harley Windsor brought Maria into their fold. Because she has turned out to be a rough diamond when it comes to Singles skating. And it won't take too much more polishing for her to become a real gem!

Results area camera not working, so we can't see her reaction.

Into 2nd in the FS, and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Canary yellow dress for Sofiya. So, you know what that means...

Yep. You've got it.

Oh, fall just after the song changed from the piano version of "City Of Stars" to "Another Day Of Sun". And another during the instrumental part of the latter song.

Costume change not the smoothest this time.

After those mistakes, she's not going to close up and challenge the two skaters ahead of her after the SP.

Ouch. It's worse than that. She's 6th in the FS, and 5th overall.

She looks totally scundered on the sofa.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hang on. Two falls in quick succession early on for Anna LEVKOVETS (KAZ).

And a third fall about a third of the way through. And not a great landing on her next jump.

At this rate of going, the 🌵 Cactus Queen is going to steal a step on the podium after being down the order in the SP!

She has! Eliška BŘEZINOVÁ (CZE) has won at least a Bronze Medal!

Anna goes into 10th in the FS and 7th overall.

Well, you could see that she knew it was coming. She looked disappointed the whole time, and her expression did not change when the scores were announced.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With a 14.86 point lead over Meda VARIAKOJYTĖ (LTU) from the SP, we knew that barring a disaster skate, TING Tzu-Han (TPE) had the 🥇 Gold Medal in the bag.

And although she had a hand down, it was a beautiful performance.

Sitting waiting for the scores, I'm not sure she realises that she's won.

Ach, what a time for the camera to start playing up again! :mad:

Thankfully it came back.

Mmmm. Little reaction at all. Just a wee smile, and then she and her coach joined the audience in applause.

So, Taiwan has now won the full set of medals this season, with Tzu-Han's 🥇 Gold Medal here joining her 🥈 Silver Medal from the Asian Open and Yu-Feng's 🥉 Bronze Medal in the Junior GP's.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: WELL DONE TZU-HAN!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Though not the best FS skating from Tzu-han (I think the best one was from the beginning of the season?), but glad that she's able to hold on to the Gold!! Nice job done~

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After the chaos that was the girls, we now have the actual chaos category to finish off the Singles competitions! :devil: 11 boys, arranged into a group of 5; followed by a group of 6.

Livestream for Senior Men's FS is now on air.

https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2023/bosph2023odf/SEG002.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
That was beautiful Maria.

For somebody who has only just come back to Singles skating after years doing Pairs skating, what Maria CHERNYSHOVA (AUS) is doing is remarkable. She looks like she has never been away.

Although he has upped sticks, the Australian Fed should be very grateful that Harley Windsor brought Maria into their fold. Because she has turned out to be a rough diamond when it comes to Singles skating. And it won't take too much more polishing for her to become a real gem!

Results area camera not working, so we can't see her reaction.

Into 2nd in the FS, and overall.

CaroLiza_fan
Masha now has her 4CC minimums - And has improved her total score at all of her competitions so far 😁👏

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Masha now has her 4CC minimums - And has improved her total score at all of her competitions so far 😁👏

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Didn't even realise that. Thank you for pointing it out.

By the way, I took too long in the bathroom during the resurfacing, and I arrived back during the first skater's programme. So, I have wound back to the start of the Warm-Up and am now playing catch-up. #1 Lukas VACLAVIK (SVK) just about to start.

CaroLiza_fan

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Does Vladimir have some kind of problem with the costume? He's gesturing that something's wrong.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Vladimir with coach Vika in the K&C, go Team Moskvich! 💙
Three nice, clean quads but of course the missed combo hurts. Still should be enough for the podium.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
How many times did Semyon fall? Two or three? Today's not a good day for him.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I love the original of this song from Nick Cave and I'm glad that many skaters are taking it if only out of love for the TV series.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Congrats to Vladimir!!! #MoreMedalsforMoskvich 😸

Well done to all the competitors in the men's FS today, some splendid music choices!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, it's Ice Dance now for the rest of the event. First up, we have the Juniors. 14 partnerships, arranged into a group of 4; followed by a group of 5; followed by a resurfacing; followed by a group of 5.

Livestream for Junior Free Dance is now on air.

https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2023/bosph2023odf/SEG012.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Some very important information that is missing from this thread.
Did you know that the Bosphorus Cup venue is not only a home to skaters but also to.... cats? Simon Daniliants is very happy about it (he's got a new fan).