2022 Grand Prix de France Pairs Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix de France Pairs Short Program

maofan

Final Flight
If after the long programs the standings are staying like they are now, I may have a perfect prediction for the pairs and bomb dance predictions! Go figure!😂

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I made it through the whole thing. Will update the rest of the links after I get some sleep.

My bed is calling....

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a night! I really enjoyed the French and they are - deservedly - in second place. I had some bigger hopes for Deanna (I saw them at Skate America) but still, thankfully in first. I like the programme of the Germans as well, but could be better. A pity about the fall from Karina, but hey, it's the first time I am seeing this couple this season. All in all: I enjoyed it!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
wHEW!!! wolf whistle! Those last 3 were real nail-biters. Exciting FS tomorrow :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Time for a pairs party!

Very excited to see the Mokhovs again!

Also thanks for reminding us the Kovalevs are a married couple, because if they do something romantic on ice people might be like "Whaaaat?!" otherwise.

Speak of them...these costumes are peak French and I respect them for it! The couple who wears crazy costumes together stays together :laugh:

OK, away we go!

Oceane is a very nice name! :) And Denys is a diva with that little wink there. I hear these guys are a new pair, they're doing pretty well so far!

Oops spoke too soon, their death spiral was invalidated! :(

Mokhov bringing the Ole! And opening with their step sequence! Interesting choice that.

Their throw jump is super small, but seems to work for them?

Hmm that score seems hella low considering the French missed the their whole spiral, but I guess they're young.

Now the Kovalevs! Look forward to seeing what they're gonna bring with these crazy costumes! Ah some Billie E.

Wow, that was really great! :biggrin: Really got the crowd going! Great job, guys! Into 1st by quite a bit!

Now Group 2.

Deanna and Max! Looking forward to seeing them again after the Skate Canada humdinger :) (Wow, a Junior Silver World's Medallist in 2000! Some of these skaters weren't even born then! (And now I feel old...)

Two pairs of hot pants here :laugh:

Here go the Germans! At first I was worried, but this sounds like actual ABBA? Oh wait, maybe not...sigh, don't bring your covers in here!

Still they gave it a red hot go there...and the close up on their costumes show some nice sparkle there.

The cameraman is enjoying working the fade options on the camera, at least...

Alright here we go! Rubs hands.

Eek! Rough on the jumps there, that fall looked rather hard...I did enjoy them ending on the death spiral there though.

They're in first! :)

And now the Georgians, ooo Dance Macabre huh.

Bit rough alas...Shame that. Hope Karina's knee is OK though. Long wait for the score...and behind the Kovalev's!

And finally the Italians - I've read they're skating to actual Queen not a cover, so I have hopes...

And it is the real deal! Although not sure about the music cut there...Fillipe does at least have the mustache right :laugh2: The step sequence was also cool and a Level 4 yay!

And that wraps up my catch up of the short programs! Phew!