2022 Grand Prix Espoo Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix Espoo Pairs Free Skate

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I enjoyed the pairs, despite the falls and mistakes among the couples. It is still unbelievable to me that the Crafoords are even competing so I don't care about the diluted content, I am pleased Anna and Manuel had a bit of redemption here (if not flawless), as a Dutchie I much enjoyed seeing both our teams here and some exciting rivalry between them. I was so pleased for Alisa and Ruben to medal even though I've seen them do better, I was a bit sad for Anastasiia and Danylo who did so well in the SP. I have high hopes for them in the future as they are a great team. The other Anastasiia and Daniel were not perfect either but managed a third place. And many, many cheers for Rebecca and Filippo! They were great this day and I am happy to see them at the final.

rain

Record Breaker
The top team here was in a class by themselves in what was clearly the weakest pairs field of the grand prix. Their performance was lovely and very refreshing since they actually seemed happy and to be having fun. There wasn't a lot of that in this free skate competition.

It was interesting to see some of the young teams. I had to wonder, as I watched, if some of the teams ever actually land the jumps in practice because a few of the competitors looked like they'd never landed them before and were just throwing a hail mary. I can't imagine such a strategy would be good for morale though — putting in elements that you know are beyond your skill level. The lift issues are always the scariest to me, but everyone made it safely to the ground, lol.

Oh, and anyone who has to listen to 'Je suis malade' every day deserves an award. I don't know how they do it. The thought makes me shudder.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Daria's first fall scared me and people sitting at the same sector more than the second one towards the board. Speed was huge. I wonder if Michel has too much power when he throws her.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Yes, the fall towards the board was pretty scary, and then them bumping into each other! But, they seemed alright afterwards. It's usually a mix of things when throws don't get landed, so perhaps the power is part of that.