2022 Team Japan (Olympics/4CC/JWC/WC) | Golden Skate

2022 Team Japan (Olympics/4CC/JWC/WC)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
22' Team Japan announcement -

Olympics, Team Japan

Men: Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Yuma Kagiyama
(Sub: 1 Kao Miura; 2 Tomono Kazuki; 3 Sena Miyake)
Women: Kaori Sakamoto, Wakaba Higuchi, Mana Kawabe
(Sub: 1 Mai Mihara; 2 Satoko Miyahara*; 3 Rino Matsuike)
Pair: Miura/Kihara
ID: Komatsubara/Komatsubara
(Sub: Muramoto/Takahashi)

World Championship
Men: Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno, Yuma Kagiyama
(Sub: 1. Kao Miura, 2 Tomono Kazuki; 3 Sena Miyake)
Women: Kaori Sakamoto, Wakaba Higuchi, Mana Kawabe
(Sub: 1 Mai Mihara; 2 Satoko Miyahara; 3 Rino Matsuike)
Pair: Miura/Kihara
ID: Muramoto/Takahashi
(Sub: Komatsubara/Komatsubara)

Junior World Championship
Men: Kao Miura, Shun Sato, Tsuboi Tatsuya#
(Sub: 1 Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda; 2 Nozomu Yoshioka)
Women: Rinka Watanabe#, Rion Sumiyoshi
(Sub: 1 Rino Matsuike; 2 Hana Yoshida#)
ID: Kida & Morita#
#Indicating skaters without TES minimum and will need one more international competition (Bavarian Open) to fulfill the requirement

4CC
Men: Kao Miura, Kazuki Tomono, Sena Miyake
(Sub: 1 Shun Sato; 2 Sota Yamamoto; 3 Koshiro Shimada)
Women: Satoko Miyahara*, Mai Mihara, Rino Matsuike, Yuhana Yokoi*
(Sub: Mako Yamashita)
ID: Muramoto/Takahashi
(Sub: Rikako Fukase/Oliver Cho)

#Japan Nationals 2022 Newcomer Award (Highest finishers among first-time competitors): Takeru Kataise & Ayumi Shibayama

*Jan 14th confirmed
: JSF announced that Satoko Miyahara will WD from 4CC, citing the reason of bad physical condition (she cancelled the performance in ice shows at the beginning of the year). Satoko said her condition is not good and it prevents her from proper preparation for 4CC. Her replacement at 4CC will be Yuhana Yokoi. She will also be excluded from the Sub list of Olympic Team.

Last edited:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
They are saying that the committee has yet to meet to make their decision. So we might be waiting for awhile.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
It seems taking longer than expected...the YT (announcement) meeting is not even starting yet?
The lady on TV was in front of the room where the committee would be meeting to determine the selections, and said they were not were not there yet. I assume they've started deliberations by now.

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
This waiting is killing me...
Could it be that they're still debating on Mana/Mai?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
This waiting is killing me...
Could it be that they're still debating on Mana/Mai?
And ID. Plus, they have to figure out 4CC/Worlds, and I'm guessing they need to talk with the skaters about where they want to skate as well.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Wish they could just give the unused Pairs spot to ID so both teams can go. I think international judges favors Kana/Dai.

(added bonus... if you buy into the conspiracy of Marina & Igor doing strong political stuff behind the scenes for their respective dance teams)

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Aw geez...I gotta go to work soon

I've decided unless they send Mana might as well send Rion and Hana (or maybe Ayumi) to JW since Rino hasn't regained her consistency yet.

(Yeah, I'm still stuck on the JW assignments. JGP spots are really important to me)

Joekaz

On the Ice
Sports reporter Jack Gallagher was tweeting yesterday that Kana/Dai would be selected according to his contacts. But we will soon see, I hope soon anyway.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Sports reporter Jack Gallagher was tweeting yesterday that Kana/Dai would be selected according to his contacts. But we will soon see, I hope soon anyway.
This is just gossip. But assuming the same people are involved in all the decision making, that would be a good sign for Mai as well.