moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So most of the information relating to this post has been deleted but

Earlier there were posts About how many tickets have been sold
For Ladies/women’s long.

I was just told by someone in a position to know the total sold for tonight Is - 5,000

5000. In an arena that seats close to 20k and in a state not scared of covid.

I think that pretty much tells us all I need to know about where figure skating is and why you’re not on primetime major networks every night

Anecdotally, when i have gone to Nationals the overwhelming majority of the crowd seems to not be local. This may have been different at this Nationals. I’ve never been to Nashville. Maybe Scott Hamilton is well known there.

For myself, the tickets were so expensive (roughly twice what they were in Greensboro) that I was unable to purchase an all event ticket. So prices may have played a part.

Also anecdotally - a ton of people on this board, including myself, cancelled due to Covid.

They normally only sell the bottom half of the arena at US Nationals. The only time I’ve seen the whole arena being sold was at Worlds and the top half was pretty empty there.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Well for me this is been the cheapest nationals I’ve ever done. Of course there are some circumstances. I drove which I generally don’t do. I brought a cooler of food because I just decided eating out was not really going to happen and then with the snow I’m really glad I bought food and my hotel is paid for using Marriott points. And of course US figure skating won’t let you eat or drink in your seating area and I don’t want to eat or drink in the concourse shoved together with all those other people so I’m not spending any money in the arena.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well for me this is been the cheapest nationals I’ve ever done. Of course there are some circumstances. I drove which I generally don’t do. I brought a cooler of food because I just decided eating out was not really going to happen and then with the snow I’m really glad I bought food and my hotel is paid for using Marriott points. And of course US figure skating won’t let you eat or drink in your seating area and I don’t want to eat or drink in the concourse shoved together with all those other people so I’m not spending any money in the arena.
I don’t have a lot of money. I always bring cooler of food, if possible stay at hotel with free breakfast and bring fruit and yogurt and stuff back to my room and sneak it in the arena. I don’t think I could make it from early am to late night without eating anything.

The saga of me smuggling Diet Coke into Detroit Nationals is a memory I may have forever!