2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Short Program | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Short Program

Kittosuni

Medalist
T/M always perform well in the SP. During the last olympics they were also second going to the free but end up 4th because of errors. We know Free isn't their strongest as they usually commit silly mistakes. They need to skate lights out again to stay in the medal hunt. 6 points above B/K isn't that much.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
T/M always perform well in the SP. During the last olympics they were also second going to the free but end up 4th because of errors. We know Free isn't their strongest as they usually commit silly mistakes. They need to skate lights out again to stay in the medal hunt. 6 points above B/K isn't that much.
Don't jinx! I want them so bad to medal!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Highlight for me: ❤️Ashley Cain-Gribble and ❤️Timothy Leduc. They created a moment. Created an Olympic Moment. So happy!

They did it with their artistry, their unique qualities -- they don't look like anyone else -- their passion, joy and commitment.:points:

Their happiness was awesome.

All I will say is that this pairs event was just what we all needed today, in spite of some teams' difficulties, which always happen.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
we take our time to rebuild... no more comment ;)
Maybe it is time to replace Michael Slipchuk. Some fresh blood. The olympics in 2022 have not been kind to Canada can you imagine if James and Radford or MTM don't skate much better no team in the top ten at the olympics in pairs. And worse only one team in the top ten or skater - Gilles and Poirier who essentially did the worst they possibly could. These skaters do their bst but Canada has really struggled but I do give Madi full credit for her team skates. Too bad she Lipinskayed her individual events. I was just gutted to see MTM struggle so much. They could be up with the Americans.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm so happy that P/J performed up to their potential. I hope they get credit for their superior interpretation to some of the teams who will come later. I do wish they'd used different music this season.
Hmm I am not sure I would agree. Sui and Han and the three Russian teams all have superior skating skillsand certainly can competee artistically even if not y our cup of tea.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think a bobby pin also escaped, I hope the next team checks the ice to the left of the judges.
And that is a costume deduction too. I worry that the tendrill thing / hair thing may cause issus for Sui and han or another team. Maybe someone can grab a pair of scissors and cut the tendril off.

rinkside_user

On the Ice
I know the top two teams are super close to each other and deservedly so, both had a great outing today.

But look at the packaging, charisma, personality, the materials they have been working with (e. g. Rain in Your Black Eyes vs Candyman), the wow factor (and not just today). A tremendous gap between S/H and T/M in that regard imo.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And that is a costume deduction too. I worry that the tendrill thing / hair thing may cause issus for Sui and han or another team. Maybe someone can grab a pair of scissors and cut the tendril off.
I was not sure that that is what I did see but it seems a bit harsh to cut off a lock of hair, how about her just securing it better next time. Seems more sporting.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Really wonderful skating. Give medals to the top four teams. I might have had T and M first. I know they say S and H are pc skaters but the smoothness, elegance and quality of T and M here deserved first but it was close. I am not sure if that boble on the sin counted much against SH. I think they have this though. With a quad twist the are the faves in th fs. Its China. I think P were a bit messy. I worry about Evgenia if she is afraid of getting the Barba Fusar Poli attack from Eteri if she makes a mistake? I am going to say SH for gold. It's China. They have been at this for a while. But if the make an error MG could win gold. I still hope we see TM skate a clean free.

Bravo to the Americans in striking distance both teams of a medal. Oh Canada - what a mess.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I know the top two teams are super close to each other and deservedly so, both had a great outing today.

But look at the packaging, charisma, personality, the materials they have been working with (e. g. Rain in Your Black Eyes vs Candyman), the wow factor (and not just today). A tremendous gap between S/H and T/M in that regard imo.
I don't think either team are particularly charismatic. SH maybe better but they do not have the strongest personality especially him. She uses her hair well. maybe Evgenia needs to let her hair down with waves? And Morozov maybe nds some layers for more movement - presentation is worth a lot all joking aside. No real drama in the sp - good skating yes.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't have a lot of confidence in them but I am hoping they pull the Liz Manley/Maria Butyrskaya Whitney Houston One Moment in Time.

I wish we could give out three gold medals for the current top three teams (sorry BK you have lost your spark). i hope Alexa Knerim can skate off into the sunset and move on with due respect. I hope MTM really skate the lights out and go to worlds - please.

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Omg, my team skated a clean program! I’m one of the few T/M fan. I love them! They move me. Sui/Han awesome too.

I wonder if they won’t get dinged as an Eteri team. That wouldn’t be fair to them, as they barely are and had so many coaches, but they get the gold, Eteri gets another.

I still want them to get gold, yes, even over the great of Sui/Han. Still, I wouldn’t be broken-hearted if Sui/Han win. Not a M/G fan. Just personal preference. No agenda.

And then I want Eteri to be banned for life after this.
Agree with everything except definitely want Sui/Han to get gold, then T/M silver, with an American team getting bronze. A girl can dream, right?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I am happy I watched, I enjoyed SP today, just finished watching. I have a little feeling B/K got a little bit higher scores on their previous merits, but otherwise I am pleased. I have nothing against anybody, but I think B/K were at no their best and I wonder why the 3FTh got +GOE from some judges? Is hand down so small mistake it does not matter? I really don't care who wins, I like everybody in pairs and wish everybody skate clean.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Fantastic skates by the top 3!

I get it's the Olympics and all, but I don't think those weren't record skates for me. The SBS jumps were flawed for T/M (she was on quite a lean in the air) and M/G (he scratched on the landing), and S/H sbs spin could have been better.

Also not sure how T/M got higher GOE than Sui/Han's twist but S/H were a bit overscored on the spins, so it balances out. T/M's 3L is also a +4 for me (the one at NHK was much better and closer to a +5). I would still have S/H barely ahead of T/M but the fact that they're virtually tied is fine, plus it makes for a dramatic finish if S/H skate lights out and win the gold (although if M/G go clean, their BV might prevent that).

The GOE on B/K's SBS jumps, like come on. Too big a score for an obvious mistake. Nice skate by P/J!

American teams served it! Maybe a bit underscored but solid skates. Too bad about the throw lutz with CG/L but their joy was lovely to see.

Real bummer about the Canadians, but hoping for strong free programs and at least one of them ending up top 10.