2023 Abu Dhabi Classic Figure Skating Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Abu Dhabi Classic Figure Skating Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I commented yesterday about Elettra GIRARDI (ITA), and specifically the dress she was wearing.

Well, today she is wearing an all white jumpsuit, with sparklies on the top half.

All I can say is that it is a good job that the boards have colourful advertisements on them, as you wouldn't be able to see her otherwise! :laugh:

Actually, in all seriousness, I do like the costume. And I liked the music - it was a Prince medley. And I liked the skating too!

She goes into the lead.

I think I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this girl.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The last skater in Group 2 of Advanced Novice was Elisa Maria WESTERHOF (UAE).

For some reason, any time I saw her name this week, I automatically thought "South African". So, during the Group 3 Warm-Up, I decided to go digging to see if I subconsciously knew something, but just didn't realise.

As it turned out, I didn't find anything related to South Africa. But I did find photos of her on the Figure Skating Amsterdam website. Including one of her wearing a 🥈 Silver Medal at a competition in Utrecht in 2019.

@ladyjane - have you come across her before? Could she maybe be a Dutch girl that is now living in the UAE?

Anyway, she had a fall, and has slipped to the current 4th position in both the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That resurfacing takes us from an Advanced Novice double-bill to a Junior double-bill. 5 boys followed by 17 girls.

But, since they are in separate groups, I will do separate reminder posts.

Livestream for the Junior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 6h 20m 16s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3A-WiJvj0&t=22816

Podium Ceremony (starts at 11h 13m 43s, and the picture permanently freezes after the winner is given his flowers):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3A-WiJvj0&t=40423

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://live.fsresults.info/2022-20...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://live.fsresults.info/2022-2023/AbuDhabi/International/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm only starting the Junior chaos now. I paused this stream as I wanted to watch all four of the elderly skaters in Łódź.

And I am glad I did. They were impressive! :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We stay with the Juniors, but move from the boys to the girls. 17 of them, arranged into a group of 5 girls; then a resurfacing; then two groups of 6 girls.

I'm going to be leaving for my dinner during Group 1. And when I come back, I will be re-joining LIVE, because I want to see all of the final group, as well as Katarina GERVITS (ISR) in Group 2, LIVE.

Livestream for the Junior Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 7h 02m 00s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3A-WiJvj0&t=25320

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://live.fsresults.info/2022-20...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://live.fsresults.info/2022-2023/AbuDhabi/International/SEG008.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I knew it!!! I knew Advanced Novice winner Kirill SHEIKO (ISR) and Junior winner Nikita SHEIKO (ISR) were brothers!!!

Both of them, as well as their coach, were sitting on the sofa while Nikita was waiting for his scores.

I hope their whole family was there. It would have turned out to be a very fruitful trip for them.

Right, that's me starting the girls now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched the first of the three Singapore girls that went back-to-back at the start of the competition, GUO Zixi.

"Je Suis Maladeeeeee..."

But, I was enjoying it, because it was an instrumental. The first half was just piano, and in the second half some strings came in.

HOWEVER, it was kinda spoilt by there being a couple of lines of vocals during the transfer in the middle. But, that was just a blip.

I would like to hear this version more often (minus the vocals in the middle), rather than hearing Lara Fabian all the time.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, that's me away for my Sunday Dinner, after watching the first 2 Singapore girls.

Fingers crossed that I'm back in time for Katya Gervits.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm back.

And I thought there was something wrong with the stream when I put it back on, because there was a girl from Singapore taking her bows after doing her FS. And I thought "Eh?! The last of the 3 back-to-back Singapore girls at the start of Group 1 was about to start when I left. Have they been having technical problems in the arena? Have I not missed anybody after all? Hang on, if they are running late, will it be finished in time for the Formula 1?!"

But, what I hadn't noticed was that Group 2 was starting with two more Singapore girls going back-to-back.

Phew!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oi, stream! Don't you go misbehaving now, just before Katya Gervits comes on. She is one of the skaters I specifically wanted to see!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
*(^"*%£(%£*)E$"*^$*)^"$)*")&^)$&("$

We missed the start of Katya's programme. :mad:

Well, while waiting for the stream, I took the opportunity to put on a video of her and older sister Liza (the overnight leader after the SP) playing a piano duet of Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight Of The Bumblebee":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHz4PvyPW20

Back to the skating, and I don't think we missed that much of Katya's programme. And what we did see looked good.

She goes 2nd in the FS, and into the lead overall.

I really like her.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, this is where it gets exciting. The entire final group is covered by just 7.75 points. Anything can happen!

Of course, I want something good to happen when my kid comes on. Not least because I love her FS programme. :biggrin:

But, there are other skaters in this group that I like too!

Ooooh, I can't wait for it to start!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gaaaahhhhh!!!!! Anna SHENIUK (ISR) is skating to that growling version of "Roxanne"!!!

🙉 🙉 🙉

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now for my new favourite Japanese-Italian girl that I discovered yesterday, Rina TANIGUCHI (ITA).

:cheer: ALL THE BEST RINA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rina. Really pretty dress, nice splash of pink. A few mistakes, but good skating and nice spins. :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, yes!!! She's giving a nod to her heritage by using traditional Japanese music and wearing traditional Japanese dress. :points: :points: :points:

She had a fall early in the programme. And another in the middle.

Pity about the mistakes. Given how close Sheniuk was behind her after the SP, I think she will drop.

Yep, she goes into 2nd overall.

I really like this girl. I hope to see her again soon,

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eh?! She's changed her dress.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stefania. Pretty blue dress. Two falls at the end, but she has her triples and good skating. :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, there have been major changes made to Stefania's FS since the last time I saw it. Now just the change from a red dress to a blue dress.

The TES box isn't working, so I can't identify the elements I'm talking about.

She had a very dodgy landing on one of her jumps early on.

Ach, she fell near the end. And then again on the very next element.

To be honest, I don't think the changes worked. It made the programme very rushed and frantic. Which it wasn't in it's original incarnation.

She was out of shot for a long time after coming off the ice. I hope she wasn't crying.

No, she wasn't. She's got a friend with her carrying her gifts.

Stefania was fortunate that she had a bit of a gap over the group of 3 skaters that were behind her after the SP.

She goes into the lead of the FS and overall. But, I think that has put paid to her chances of getting higher.

But, she is guaranteed a medal!!!

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I forgot that Hannah had this programme!!!

Rocking it out with Beethoven!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I absolutely LOVE that programme!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Just a pity it wasn't clean. Because when it is, it will be epic!

Unfortuantely for her, the mistakes mean that she went behind Stefania in both the FS and overall.

Now for Liza Gervits.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: