2023 Abu Dhabi Classic Figure Skating Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Abu Dhabi Classic Figure Skating Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Senior Men's winner Semen DANILIANTS (ARM) on now, doing his Short Programme under the spotlights.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There was a crashing noise.

Now they are showing a highlights video on the big screen.

Well, they are attempting to. There are some problems getting it to play.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oops, I was too busy winding back the stream to find out who skaters were and didn't realise they had got the video going.

I naively thought there would be audio with it, and that I would hear it starting.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremonies for Juniors and Seniors now.

And it is being done out on the ice, rather than in the results area.

Starting with the Junior Men.

So, presumably it will then be Junior Ladies, Senior Men, and finally Senior Ladies.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, don't freeze now during the Junior Men's podium. I want to see my kid standing on top of the podium in what I presume will be the next ceremony!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it's been frozen now for 10 minutes, so I guess I've missed Stefania's Podium Ceremony.

I'm mad. :mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They've now ended the stream.

Oh, well. At least I'll be able to watch Martin's Grid Walk before the race.

But, I'd prefer to have been able to watch Stefania's moment of glory.

CaroLiza_fan

yesterday

Record Breaker
Wohooo!
🥇 🥈 🥈 with the three girls, a very successful trip :dance3:
And all programs in the archive.
Not sure about the ceremonies, I did not watch further, it looked quite dark and blurry anyway.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The last skater in Group 2 of Advanced Novice was Elisa Maria WESTERHOF (UAE).

For some reason, any time I saw her name this week, I automatically thought "South African". So, during the Group 3 Warm-Up, I decided to go digging to see if I subconsciously knew something, but just didn't realise.

As it turned out, I didn't find anything related to South Africa. But I did find photos of her on the Figure Skating Amsterdam website. Including one of her wearing a 🥈 Silver Medal at a competition in Utrecht in 2019.

@ladyjane - have you come across her before? Could she maybe be a Dutch girl that is now living in the UAE?

Anyway, she had a fall, and has slipped to the current 4th position in both the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan
I am sorry to say I have never heard of her before. She could be a Dutch girl living in the UAE because her parents went there for some kind of job.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am sorry to say I have never heard of her before. She could be a Dutch girl living in the UAE because her parents went there for some kind of job.

Yeah, that would be my guess too.

I can tell you something - the Emirati Fed clearly think a lot of her, because she was one of only two skaters that competed in the event that were invited to perform in the Closing Ceremony. The other performers were the winner of the Senior Men's category, Semen DANILIANTS (ARM), and the Russian Ladies skaters and Ice Dancers that had previously performed in the Opening Ceremony.

That is impressive company for a skater that finished in 10th in Advanced Novice to be keeping! Especially when you consider that another girl from the UAE actually won the Intermediate Novice competition, in exactly the same size of field (17 skaters).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sofia Vazhnova

Veronika Yametova

You are a star, @Caliban ! :bow: :clap: :points:

I am awful with making out what is being said over the tannoy if it is not crystal clear.

I wasn't far out with Sofia, though, as I thought I heard "Breznova". But, I didn't want to commit, in case I was way out! :laugh:

As for Veronika, there was always too much noise when she was being introduced. I hadn't a notion!

I can tell you something, I will be keeping an eye out for both of them in the future, because they are both great!

Thank you again.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Caliban

On the Ice
I can tell you something, I will be keeping an eye out for both of them in the future, because they are both great!
Veronika actually become notable skater in Russia. In current season she become 7 at RusNats (she was 9 last year), and 4 and 3 in her Russian GP events. And last season she won Russian Cup Final.