2023 Cranberry Cup International | Aug 9-13 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Cranberry Cup International | Aug 9-13

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Donovan must have fallen? Stepped out? of his quad and his 3A. Perhaps that affected his PCS scores. Still, it is his first comp since surgery and he changed coaches this summer, so I'll patient. :)

Good for Jimmy performing well at his home training rink.

Friend, I found this link to Donovan's short, sadly without audio... but it beats nothing.

At this point, it almost feels like a win.

Part two is linked after the first tweet.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Friend, I found this link to Donovan's short, sadly without audio... but it beats nothing.

At this point, it almost feels like a win.

Part two is linked after the first tweet.

Thank you my friend. Well, not Donovan's best outing, but he always attacks.

I may have enjoyed it better without the music. "Sexyback" I know is a Justin Timberlake tune, I've heard his other music in skating and it's been good. Quick googling shows "Four minutes" is a rap/hip-hop with Madonna, JT and Timbaland??? I have a feeling I will not like as much ;)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh no! Just saw the scores for Fiona and Amy 🫣
Fiona seems to only skate well domestically 😭
Congrats to the feisty Sonja for leading heading to the final group

Good luck Kaiya!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
at the same time, how often has Fiona been given an international competition??? i think this is the first one in senior she is able to attend.
Hopefully, she gets another chance now that she is part of the National Team.
Congrats to Kaiya on the bronze medal 🥉; she will get better and she beat all the non-GP American skaters 👏
Ava - Congrats on sealing a Skate America Spot.
Lindsay - Solid. This looks like it will be her year. Keep going!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The protocols reveal a pretty good overall skate for Lindsay, but the combos need some work.

UR on the backend of her 3Z-3Lp and q on the back end of the 2A-3T. Only elements with negative GOE.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The protocols reveal a pretty good overall skate for Lindsay, but the combos need some work.

UR on the backend of her 3Z-3Lp and q on the back end of the 2A-3T. Only elements with negative GOE.
Same as the SP. The second jumps in all her combos are what need improvement. At least she tried a 2A-3T here… that must be the combo jump she is closest to fully rotating.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice that Kaiya wound up with bronze, but she has a persistent flutz and multiple URs (3z!+3tq, 3f<+eu+3s<, 3z!<).
Her spins also need work: FFCOSP1V, and other two spins only L3.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Wesley just had a big skate and will medal no doubt. I suspected he'd move up as I posted earlier in the thread.

Wesley wins the free skate, but he is just edged out by Mark Gorodnitsky for the title by virtue of short program results.

Jimmy Ma is third in the free and takes bronze. There was quite a gap in FS scores to the top two, and his good SP did not hold up.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Donovan finishes fifth overall:clap:

Not bad for his first skate after surgery and changing coaches.

And Besame Mucho/Cuba for the FS, Auntie El approves. :)