2023 Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Golden Spin of Zagreb: General Info

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I am not sure if falls under general info.
However the top 8 women season best scores fall this way.
1. Nina Petrokina - 194.55
2. Amber Glenn - 189.63
3. Anna Pezzata - 179.58

4.Starr Andrew - 174.82
5. Olga Mikutina - 169.49
6. Lara N .Gutman-168.33
7. N. Langerbaur - 165.85
8. J. Hovinr - 161.66

I didn't include the substitute s scores nor last seasons.
It only includes the highest overall score this season for the approved list of high scores.

I found interesting because of skaters not in Gp but Challenger events and how comparable they are to other skaters in this event can be unpredictable.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
will there be a livestream? let's open the bets :biggrin:
Those who bet on livestream existense gonna lose. According to the updated Golden Spin page on the Croatian fed website there is a competition schedule, entries and a room for a future livescoring link, no hint of a livestream. And when I tried to link their Youtube account I was thrown back either to the competition details page or the main page.

kosjenka

On the Ice
Hey everyone!
Do you know if there really are two rinks in Klizaliste Velesajam? According to the announcement both the competition and the practices will take place there. I searched photos of it but I’m not sure…and the rink doesn’t look imposing, not for a challenger event. Or was it renovated since when the photos on the internet were taken? 🤔
I would be grateful for any info 🙏🏻
Hi,

I am from Zagreb and usually, the only person sitting in all Golden Spin competitions, tweeting for the sake of international community.

Klizaliste Velesajam is one rink. This is why Golden Spin wil take 4 days, as there is no other rink for Practice. Next rink is about an hour away in a small town called Sisak, where last 2 Golden Spins took place. That rink is not completely closed so it is pretty freezing. I hate it. Last Golden spin was the first one in my adult life that I missed as I did not want to get sick sitting there.

Those that have visitied Zagreb for Euros in 2013, know that Velesajam was the practice rink for Dom Sportova arena that has been very damaged in 2020 and should go into reconstruction in 2024. I remain sceptical about this subject.

Regarding live stream. IDK what to tell you. Apparently it is touchy subject for the Organizators and the ISU has no proper aparatus to push them as a mandatory thing for hosting a Challanger. I will do my best but my contact is no loger there so it is what it is.

I will be tweeting @GoldenSpin

Weathergal

Medalist
Hi,

I am from Zagreb and usually, the only person sitting in all Golden Spin competitions, tweeting for the sake of international community.

Klizaliste Velesajam is one rink. This is why Golden Spin wil take 4 days, as there is no other rink for Practice. Next rink is about an hour away in a small town called Sisak, where last 2 Golden Spins took place. That rink is not completely closed so it is pretty freezing. I hate it. Last Golden spin was the first one in my adult life that I missed as I did not want to get sick sitting there.

Those that have visitied Zagreb for Euros in 2013, know that Velesajam was the practice rink for Dom Sportova arena that has been very damaged in 2020 and should go into reconstruction in 2024. I remain sceptical about this subject.

Regarding live stream. IDK what to tell you. Apparently it is touchy subject for the Organizators and the ISU has no proper aparatus to push them as a mandatory thing for hosting a Challanger. I will do my best but my contact is no loger there so it is what it is.

I will be tweeting @GoldenSpin
Thank you for all you're doing for skating fans!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes. It is infuriating that the final event of the Challenger series is always run this badly, especially when it could be replaced by another better run event, like, say, Santa Claus Cup.

kosjenka

On the Ice
Yes. It is infuriating that the final event of the Challenger series is always run this badly, especially when it could be replaced by another better run event, like, say, Santa Claus Cup.
Well…
Hungarians pulled out of hosting Euros this season due to lack of funds.
Zagreb at least never did this. Euros 2021 were cancelled due to Covid lockdown.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Continuing. The short program
1 Amber Glenn 71.45
2.Nina Petrokina 65.02
3.Olga Mikutina 61.48
4. Anna Pezzata 61.25
5 Starr Andrews 61.07
6 Lara Naki Gutman 58.24
7. Krista Lisovskaja 57.08
8. Nakaly Langerbaur 54.84

Free program
1. Amber Glenn 133.75
2. Nina Petrokina 129.53
3.Anna Pezzata. 118.33
4. Lara Naki Gutman 115.73
5. Starr Andrews. 113.75
6.Nakaly Langerbaur 111.01
7. Olga Mikutina 108.01
8 .Krista Lisovskaja 101.01

Sackie

Medalist
Too bad CAN didn't send Maddie here. Would be nice for her to have a chance to lay down a clean, solid short program before heading into Nationals. Especially in front of International judges. Think with a clean short and a free like she has been performing this year she has a chance at top 10 at worlds, esp with the way the KOR ladies have been underperforming this year.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Too bad CAN didn't send Maddie here. Would be nice for her to have a chance to lay down a clean, solid short program before heading into Nationals. Especially in front of International judges. Think with a clean short and a free like she has been performing this year she has a chance at top 10 at worlds, esp with the way the KOR ladies have been underperforming this year.
It would have nice for Canada to send Maddie for some of the reasons u listed ( performance before intl judged again)

However I disagree respectfully With can't make it into. top. Ten without it
Even if u count the 3 Japanese , 3 Korean ,.loena from Belgium and possibly two Us ladies that leaves 9 .
The. 10th spot could be Maddie's ( it is in Canada) . It isn't like Maddie didn't exceed expect at the Olympic Team . She came in 3rd.

I think Madie will have a decent chance of finish intop 10 despite not competing at this event

Sackie

Medalist
Yes I agree she has a decent chance at top 10 but not if she has a short at worlds like she has in her GP events.
And don't forget Nina from Bel too. If both Maddie and Nina have similar short skates the nod would go to Nina because she has performed well this season and even made the GPF. And now with Ava Marie from the USA winning a GP event she too can surpass Maddie. So there could be 3 USA ladies ahead of her. I just think Maddie would have a better chance if she could have laid down a solid short for the judges to see.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So my kid Marilena KITROMILIS (CYP) won't be making her first appearance of the season here after all. 😞

Hey, I wonder if she will travel to Riga instead to support her good friend Stefania Yakovleva in the Latvia Trophy. 🤔

Can't say I'm surprised to see Sofiya FARAFONOVA (KAZ) drop off the entries. She was doing the Bosphorus Cup this week, and she didn't do as well as I would have expected in either segment. Her Free Skate in particular, which she did about an hour and a half ago, was a disaster skate.

So, perhaps a break is what she needs, rather than back-to-back competitions.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: