2023 Japan Open | Oct 7 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Japan Open | Oct 7

rabidline

Final Flight
Thanks. I did the same and it said the same for me. I tried the Zaiko link though and have been able to purchase a ticket on there, I don’t know if the stream will actually work for me though.

Did you pay $20 or so (3,000 yen) for the entire Japan Open competition only (not Carnival on Ice)?

From my past experience using it for The ICE and Nagoya Festival, you can buy streaming tickets at Zaiko from outside Japan (with foreign Credit Cards) and watch the competition/show from outside Japan.

You can use this link: https://streaming.zaiko.io/buy/1mvO:5lN:73deb to check whether you can watch the stream from your country. You need to register for a Zaiko account and "purchase" the stream but it costs 0 yen (free). It's just a formality to allow you to check the stream.

hop456

Rinkside
Did you pay $20 or so (3,000 yen) for the entire Japan Open competition only (not Carnival on Ice)?
It’s actually about 3500 yen because they charge a handling fee on top and 3% for using an international credit card. A bit annoying. But yes I’ve just bought the Japan open not the carnival on ice as well.

I didn’t purchase any of the streams for the Challenger series so that’s how I’m justifying the cost of this! :)

hop456

Rinkside
From my past experience using it for The ICE and Nagoya Festival, you can buy streaming tickets at Zaiko from outside Japan (with foreign Credit Cards) and watch the competition/show from outside Japan.

You can use this link: https://streaming.zaiko.io/buy/1mvO:5lN:73deb to check whether you can watch the stream from your country. You need to register for a Zaiko account and "purchase" the stream but it costs 0 yen (free). It's just a formality to allow you to check the stream.
Thank you so much that is really helpful. I tried it and it works which is a good sign especially as I’ve already purchased the ticket.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I “purchased” the free ticket to test the stream and that worked. I also purchased the competition ticket and I’m set to go. Then I realized the time difference which makes the start time 8:30 pm tomorrow Oct. 6 (Pacific time zone) even though it is Oct. 7 in Saitama! That’s a 14-hour time difference for me!

hop456

Rinkside
I “purchased” the free ticket to test the stream and that worked. I also purchased the competition ticket and I’m set to go. Then I realized the time difference which makes the start time 8:30 pm tomorrow Oct. 6 (Pacific time zone) even though it is Oct. 7 in Saitama! That’s a 14-hour time difference for me!
That’s a little better than 4:30 in the morning which is the time Il be watching from the UK!

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That’s a little better than 4:30 in the morning which is the time Il be watching from the UK!
Phooey. There have been many a time I’ve stayed up till all hours of the night/morning watching skating (and my other favorite, gymnastics)! Oh, and also royal weddings, funerals and the coronation. Those always seem to start at 10:30 or 11:00 am (2:30/3:00 am here),

rabidline

Final Flight
Happy to hear the stream works for you @hop456 and @TwinnerA !

Whenever Zaiko is a streaming option for a Japanese competition/show, it's great news since they are available for international purchase and viewing without needing VPN. And the platform is quite easy to navigate too compared to others. Although it does put a dent in your pocket when there are many streaming tickets available.... 😆

hop456

Rinkside
Phooey. There have been many a time I’ve stayed up till all hours of the night/morning watching skating (and my other favorite, gymnastics)! Oh, and also royal weddings, funerals and the coronation. Those always seem to start at 10:30 or 11:00 am (2:30/3:00 am here),
I hadn’t thought of that, the coronation was on around 11am which does mean the middle of the night for you!

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Happy to hear the stream works for you @hop456 and @TwinnerA !

Whenever Zaiko is a streaming option for a Japanese competition/show, it's great news since they are available for international purchase and viewing without needing VPN. And the platform is quite easy to navigate too compared to others. Although it does put a dent in your pocket when there are many streaming tickets available.... 😆
Would you have any idea if more than one person can log in to watch using the same e-ticket purchased? I’m sure my twin sister/roomie will want to watch as well on her iPad as I will be.

Michetta

Rinkside
Not seeing anything on SYWTWFS. What channel? IIRC, channels on Himawari are live and on demand for two weeks

Not seeing anything on SYWTWFS. What channel? IIRC, channels on Himawari are live and on demand for two weeks.
Not sure if I know your question or answer, but Japanese TV networks who will air JO live is Nittele G+ (CS) and later by BS Nittele if you are using Himawari or Nozomi. Muji has BS Nittele. Nittele is name for Nihon TV.

rabidline

Final Flight
Would you have any idea if more than one person can log in to watch using the same e-ticket purchased? I’m sure my twin sister/roomie will want to watch as well on her iPad as I will be.
Only 1 device can connect to the stream at 1 time!

rabidline

Final Flight
My sister won’t pay to watch, so maybe she can watch it on replay.

ETA: I knew it. She registered and paid for the stream.
I hope you guys enjoy it!!! 😆 And yeah there's no replay/archive for this (both the competition and the ice show)

rabidline

Final Flight
Satoko just skated to Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet (with some I Giorni in the middle) and... I feel like I just gotten my ticket's worth right there. Absolutely beautiful skating, beautiful performer, beautiful dress, beautiful everything!!!!!