2023 JGP Osaka Men's Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Osaka Men's Free Skate

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Is Martynov going to get a 2nd spot?
Wait, he doesn’t already? I thought he already had two. Strommer ended up getting a second spot. If Martynov only has one, then someone’s going to be unhappy as the American junior men simply didn’t have enough JGP spots to begin with. They may just have to bite the bullet on that. Martynov and Strommer can’t both make the JGPF anyway.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait, he doesn’t already? I thought he already had two. Strommer ended up getting a second spot. If Martynov only has one, then someone’s going to be unhappy. American men simply didn’t have enough JGP spots to begin with. They may just have to bite the bullet on that. Martynov and Strommer can’t both make the JGPF anyway.
I didn't check prior to when I asked that. Sorry.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Wait, he doesn’t already? I thought he already had two. Strommer ended up getting a second spot. If Martynov only has one, then someone’s going to be unhappy as the American junior men simply didn’t have enough JGP spots to begin with. They may just have to bite the bullet on that. Martynov and Strommer can’t both make the JGPF anyway.
If it's not too late they can take one of Japan's spots
Currently, they're forfeiting at least two

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your post above

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
If it's not too late they can take one of Japan's spots
Currently, they're forfeiting at least two
Is it too late for JSF to re-fill those 2 spots?

I don't get why they would waste those spots while there are so many junior boys with potential in Japan :shrug:
They might not make it to the Final, but that's not the point. They need the experience so they can be in the final next season(s).

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Is it too late for JSF to re-fill those 2 spots?

I don't get why they would waste those spots while there are so many junior boys with potential in Japan :shrug:
They might not make it to the Final, but that's not the point. They need the experience so they can be in the final next season(s).
JSF has pretty strict guidelines in regards to keeping 2nd JGP assignments (though I've never seen these rules officially published)
IMO, there was a lot of missteps with the Men's selections this season
Main issue was not enough boys were considered and listed as subs
I believe you need to be on the list when they are published in order to be assigned
Unfortunately, most of the guys who the fed withdrew from their 2nd assignments have also been removed as subs for the remaining events except for the last one in Yerevan (that list hasn't been altered yet)
So any of remaining boys eligible for a 2nd event can still be sent to that one
Shunsuke and Seigo are currently assigned to Yerevan
Seigo will almost surely be withdrawn, Shunsuke will likely still be sent
My hope is for Taiga to be sent with Shunsuke though this will be incredibly difficult for his coach since Kanto Regionals is happening the same weekend

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
one video still missing for David SHTEYNGART CAN

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
oh Shunsuke this is hard to watch :(
I felt like I was watching Shoma back at IdF 2019 again! :cry:
Hard, painful falls and uncharacteristic mistakes

Also, seeing Hamada there with a cheerful disposition makes me feel uneasy

I'm pretty sure this is his first JGP assignment this season?

Not sure if he has a second one, even if he does he might just lose it now :(
According to AnythingGOE 's interview, his second assignment is Yerevan. I feel sad as he was looking forward to this competition in Osaka the most, plus he wanted to make JGPF again and medal :(
Hopefully he can regroup and focus on junior nationals! :pray: