2023 Korean National Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Korean National Championships

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just found out, reading this thread, where Steven Adcock had ventured too... He used to skate for Canada with Patricia Andrew...
So there he is... skating for Korea. He is a strong partner. Looking forward to seeing them representing Korea in international events !

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh, the links I posted aren't specific for Nats, they're the livestream links for the channels themselves. You can just click them (with a Korean VPN on) to test them out.
OK, I upgraded my VPN for a month, picked a S, Korean Server and now I am in Korea. I go to your links and I get a screen that says, "This video is not provided due to copyright issues. Thank you for your understanding"
I do see a login button in the top bar. But nothing is asking me to log in.
I can translate to English, see channels, see shows, etc. but I get a black screen with the above message on it. Is it me?

I did find this which says it should work.

I also made sure I was in KR and I was also on KR youtube. I tried more than one Korean Seoul servers.
I also tried onair.kbs.co.kr
and
livetvcentral.com/tv/kbs-1-tv

If I turn off the VPN,they all say I have to be in Korea. If I turn on the VPN, they say this Video not provided due to copyright issues.

I did have some luck getting kbs2. Go to this website and be patient for the viewer to load...dont click on any clickbait...scroll down if you like and scroll back up...works without a VPN...you will note a screen with a play arrow....you will also note a link to kbs 1 on the right but I couldnt get that to work just yet.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
OK, I upgraded my VPN for a month, picked a S, Korean Server and now I am in Korea. I go to your links and I get a screen that says, "This video is not provided due to copyright issues. Thank you for your understanding"
I can translate to English, see channels, see shows, etc. but I get a black screen with the above message on it. Is it me?

I also made sure I was in KR and I was also on KR youtube. I tried more than one Korean Seoul servers.
and

If I turn off the VPN,they all say I have to be in Korea. If I turn on the VPN, they say this Video not provided due to copyright issues.

I did have some luck getting kbs2. Go to this website and be patient for the viewer to load...dont click on any clickbait...scroll down if you like and scroll back up...works without a VPN...you will note a screen with a play arrow....you will also note a link to kbs 1 on the right but I couldnt get that to work just yet.

I tested my links with a Korean VPN and both of them are working just fine, no copyright message. If all else fails I'll DM you with a private livestream link (hosted by me).

Dawn825

Medalist
Thank you for the links lchat, they seem to be working for me :)
I'm happy to watch either way but is it fair to say the senior ladies team is already decided?They'll maneuver the scores to get the team they want if need be?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm happy to watch either way but is it fair to say the senior ladies team is already decided?They'll maneuver the scores to get the team they want if need be?
I wouldn't say that, while KSU isn't the most impartial fed in the world they aren't 100% politics. Some fiddling with the scores might happen, I can't say it won't happen, but mostly it's going to be dependent on the skates themselves. For instance, let's say KSU wants A on the team. They might give her more PCS and GOEs but if she bombs then she won't be on the team, because our women's field is fierce. The point is, if you want to know the WC team you'd better watch the competition to know for sure.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I tested my links with a Korean VPN and both of them are working just fine, no copyright message. If all else fails I'll DM you with a private livestream link (hosted by me).
I tested yours and my links at 11 am PST (4 am Korea)
with my link, I am getting a choir group...but I have been redirected to KBS world. ...with yours, I am getting the copyright screen. I have a choice of quite a few Korean servers but all are in Seoul.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States

and

I'm getting the same results as you with the VPN on I get the "copyright" message. If I don't use the VPN it tells me I have to be in Korea. When I use the other link for live tv both of kbs 2 and kbs 1 work for me. The hard part for me using the live link is that google doesn't translate that link to English for me.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm getting the same results as you with the VPN on I get the "copyright" message. If I don't use the VPN it tells me I have to be in Korea. When I use the other link for live tv both of kbs 2 and kbs 1 work for me. The hard part for me using the live link is that google doesn't translate that link to English for me.
Wow....my link is still sketchy but I will try it again this evening....
I get the exact same result as you...proton VPN off, I have to be in Korea....
Proton VPN on, copyright message....
Anyone using another VPN that works?
Hard to believe its our VPN but still.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Dawn825, which VPN are you using???
I am trying to figure out if Proton VPN is the culprit

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wow....my link is still sketchy but I will try it again this evening....
I get the exact same result as you...proton VPN off, I have to be in Korea....
Proton VPN on, copyright message....
Anyone using another VPN that works?
Hard to believe its our VPN but still.....
I'm not using Proton VPN. I have a free VPN with my avast antivirus. It only has 1 server in Korea and that is in Seoul.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I dont know where Dawn825 lives and why she can get the links to work, but a few more clues.
1. Using firefox doesnt help and one loses the ability to use google translate. Tried MS Edge and you can translate but you still get the copyright error screen.
2. Using my link where a VPN is not needed is frustrating as one gets re-directed to KBS World 12, and you can also watch that streamed on youtube, but that doesnt help. The URL says KBS 1 but the vid is KBS world.

Do you think it would do any good to call Prime Minister Han Duck-soo? My father in law fought in the Korean war and I pay tax dollars to defend Korea? No? OK....I guess I will live. :)
In my net wanderings, I had hopes for a website that would allow me to make an account for KBS in English so I could log in but alas the link was broken.

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just felt like testing out my VPN with the links listed above and it actually works! There was some kind of notice on the screen in Korean, but after clicking OK on it and watching the ads, the broadcasts appeared! I use Tunnelbear for my VPN needs. It's on Android and I have no idea if there's an iPhone version. I'm also not sure how secure it is, but it makes a funny bear noise whenever it connects to a server, so it has that going for it! 😆 You can turn off the funny bear noise in the settings...but why on earth would you want to turn off a perfectly hilarious bear noise? 🤣

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have a Surfshark VPN, just logged in for South Korea and tried both channels and they seem to be working perfectly.

It's not a free one, but apparently at the minute they are running a free 7 day trial. I do find it very easy to use.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just felt like testing out my VPN with the links listed above and it actually works! There was some kind of notice on the screen in Korean, but after clicking OK on it and watching the ads, the broadcasts appeared! I use Tunnelbear for my VPN needs. It's on Android and I have no idea if there's an iPhone version. I'm also not sure how secure it is, but it makes a funny bear noise whenever it connects to a server, so it has that going for it! 😆 You can turn off the funny bear noise in the settings...but why on earth would you want to turn off a perfectly hilarious bear noise? 🤣
Wow....this is all very odd...Mfarone and I are using two different VPNs and get the copyright screen. Makes me want to download the free trial of surfshark and try that. I dont have an android device big enough for me to actually see a skater. TallyT is in Australia and it works with Surfshark VPN...if that still doesnt work for me, we need to find a computer guru to explain why!!!! The one good thing about MS Edge and Google chrome is the translator.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(a big thanks to Ichat, cohkaix and tsuyoboogie for their hard work. :bow: I have been fighting covid since the 18th of Dec.., now, after 6 days of rebound covid, I have tested negative twice in a row....after watching the "T" line grow faint over two days.... having the Japan nats to keep me busy as well as the the Korean Nats to look forward to, has been a big help. My galpal has tested negative for a week now, too. We are going to celebrate XMAS some day soon.)
Snowbound for 58 days in the far north.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, I am about ready to jump out a window....covid brain fog?
I thought that I would just for giggles now that I have proton plus with up to 10 devices, load it on my Windows 7 machine and try the links. Windows 7 needs some updates which it is doing now so I traveled 4 ft away to my main desk and just for the heck of it I loaded proton plus on THAT (Windows 10) and it plays Ichat's links just fine!:eek:

So, I said that cant be right? Why wouldnt my Windows 11 Laptop work???? So I booted it up and wouldnt you know it, the copyright screen is gone! It plays! :eek2:
Here I was ready to disable webroot security, malware bites and Windows defender to see it any of those were causing the copyright error screen.
I got nothing. I am just an old man who wants to watch beautiful figure skating.

Ichat has been very kind to help me with zoom and that will be my backup.....who knows what these "confusers" will do tomorrow night at 9:20 pm PST?????