2023 Skate America Pairs Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Pairs Free Skate

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liu/ Nagy are going to be a work-in-progress for awhile. They have some exciting attributes, but Chels has to figure out the jump landings. Modifying to doubles in a pinch, does not cut it long term.

I can see improvement in her landings already, and I have faith they'll get better. She said in the article by Claire Cloutier that she and Balazs had learned several different throw jump techniques in their earlier years, and none of them match, but they're working on them. I love watching this work in progress.

rain

Record Breaker
Why not make it a feature for levels for ONE lift. Not all the time :) I don't like prohibiting stuff... but i also don't like making it pretty much mandatory.
That's a good compromise. Then at least we'd have a chance to see some extended limbs in at least some of the lifts.

But I stand behind my call to ban the perpendicular split lift. Because it's hideous, lol.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In case anyone hasn't checked this out, the Peacock replay for the Pairs Free Skate starts where it should, so you can see Valentina & Max's skate!

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
So while it obviously didn't go to plan with Caldara and Maglio, I really like the innovation in their lifts and I think that Free Skate has lots of potential.

Good save from him when she fell, that could've been really nasty.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I think the biggest difference between the the Germans and the rest of the field is how Annika Hocke commits to the performance throughout. E.g, others tend to drop the expression on their face in lifts as they're concentrating while she doesn't.

meem

On the Ice
I don't have Peacock so I missed Pairs LP. Thanks for all the good descriptions. Now I'm kinda glad I missed all the scary slips, aborted lifts, etc.