2023 Skate America Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Pairs Free Skate

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
It's going to be so close. I love their skating but they always seem to be so close and yet so far. It's the jump consistency which seems to let them down. Each season I hope that it will be the season it all falls into place, but it never quite seems to. :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think the Germans will eek this one out. Rooting for Canadians to win!! I preferred the Canadians today
yeah.... not surprised they did it... but then, it was boring :) I way prefer the gladiator program. Both teams made mistakes. If Lia and Trennt want to keep climbing the ladder they need to make sure they don't lose points on SBS jumps and improve their twist. I repeat myself but for the SP, i was fine with it... not so much here :)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Sounds like Annika and Robert have not loved Texas, based on that interview...!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The money is so crucial for small fed-skaters, so I never quite manage to be truly bothered when they finish a bit higher than they maybe should have. Plus, Lia and Trennt have a less competitive second assignment compared to Annika and Robert, so this increases the chances both of these teams will make it through to the GPF which is what I am hoping for 😁

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Didn't realise women's wasn't for over an hour, so I think I have to face facts and go to sleep :bed:

Enjoy watching!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I wonder if Martins/Bedard will now get the cup of China spot which Chan and Howe have vacated.
Technically neither Liu/Nagy, nor Martins/Bedard are eligible for non-host spots, but we all know the ISU sometimes tweaks the rules in times of need. 🤷‍♀️

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Technically neither Liu/Nagy, nor Martins/Bedard are eligible for non-host spots, but we all know the ISU sometimes tweaks the rules in times of need. 🤷‍♀️
For some reason I thought Liu and Nagy already had a second spot! I can see now that they don't.

Which pairs are eligible for the cup of China spot that's available?