2023 Skate Canada Men's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Men's Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
okay... i need to catch up on women and dance.... time for the sober beer and the archives.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
19 degrees here tomorrow.. but sunday... 5... winter is coming... just in time for trick or treating...
31 October here is predicted to be 25-29C, and it'll still be daylight till quite late... sort of spoils the eldritch atmosphere, for all the stores push it :laugh:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man, I honestly wish I could have been there in Vancouver and braved that frigid rink to support these guys...maybe more of them would have done better in their short programs... :(

But I have to save up money for Worlds...*sigh*

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
31 October here is predicted to be 25-29C, and it'll still be daylight till quite late... sort of spoils the eldritch atmosphere, for all the stores push it :laugh:
i cannot imagine halloween and xmas in the southern hemisphere.
one year, i went to the carribeans for xmas... and though I truly enjoyed the beach and everything there... when i landed back to canada, i was like WOW... this is so beautiful... the river was frozen, there was snow.... dreamy :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Man, I honestly wish I could have been there in Vancouver and braved that frigid rink to support these guys...maybe more of them would have done better in their short programs... :(

But I have to save up money for Worlds...*sigh*
shoma will be at worlds... priorities

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
now... i will say this.. of course, it's not over... but the Canadian men outdid the Canadian women... not something I would have predicted... nopers....

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw the photo on the GS tweets of the top three, and that is three very good skaters with very unfortunate haircuts... oh Jun, what have you above all done?

DancingCactus

Final Flight
This program doesn't do Jun justice. Utterly boring music and the choreo isn't that exciting either. When you have performance qualities like him, give the guy something to work with!

Yamamoto has lovely skating skills, but I feel there is a wall between him and the audience. His music also was just background noise. I wonder what he could achieve with a different coach.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love that piece of music, and a big fan of Cha, but he could have been skating to anything. Dimitri Aliev cracked it when he had Masquerade as his short programme.
I liked it too.. and he is wonderfully musical with complex tech..

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Glad to see our guys to do well enough. Would have had Shaidorov higher, given how the rest of the field skated, but looks like the free is going to be a big thing.