2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was amazing!! :D I freaking love Deanna and her intensity - What a boss!! So many younger skaters could learn from her competitive nature, line, and posture. She pays attention to every detail, and Max is a very strong partner whose capabilities should not be understated.

Carol1

Medalist
I will sacrifice myself (to a vampire or otherwise) in order for Deanna and Maxime to win gold at Worlds. I'm not Canadian, but I want them to take home gold in dance and pairs. Piper and Deanna are fierce survivors and their partners aren't shabby, either.

BRAVO!

discodisco

On the Ice
I think they need to make Max's costume change more obvious. I knew that it was coming so I noticed it, but I think it needs to be a bit more dramatic. Like, make sure the shirt opens more, or that the red faux blood is more noticeable. Maybe after that spin element she can open it halfway, and then as they're skating a few minutes later, reveal it more, so it's like the blood is very clear and distinct by the end. It's super evident on her dress but not so much on him. I think that would take it to the next level.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think they need to make Max's costume change more obvious. I knew that it was coming so I noticed it, but I think it needs to be a bit more dramatic. Like, make sure the shirt opens more, or that the red faux blood is more noticeable. Maybe after that spin element she can open it halfway, and then as they're skating a few minutes later, reveal it more, so it's like the blood is very clear and distinct by the end. It's super evident on her dress but not so much on him. I think that would take it to the next level.
i am all for revealing more :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I keep thinking about how they could have skated for the US, but they realized that she could get Canadian citizenship before he could get US citizenship, and that was the deciding factor.

Real missed opportunity, there, USFS :)

USFS doesn't have anything to do with how long it takes Max to get citizenship ;).

USFS could have found another partner for Deanna while she was still in the US, but right now I can't imagine her with anyone but Max. :)