2024 Black Sea Ice Cup | Apr 6-7 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Black Sea Ice Cup | Apr 6-7

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Day 2 consists of a Basic Novice triple-bill; followed by an Intermediate Novice double-bill. The Basic Novice triple-bill consists of 24 younger girls; followed by 17 older girls; followed by 4 boys. The 24 younger girls were supposed to be arranged into three groups of 8. However, Skater #11 has withdrawn, so we are down to 7 girls in Group 2; and 23 girls altogether.

Livestream for the Basic Novice II Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTYXm1eo9U4

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...BASNOV--01FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG014.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right. Turns out that Skater #11, the first of the Armenians, wasn't the only withdrawal from Group 2. So was the Bulgarian girl from the Odesos club that was due to skate before her at #10.

Skater #13 from the Varna club may have got three deductions totalling 1.50 points, but I really enjoyed her programme. Somebody was clearly watching the Coronation last year, because I think I heard bits of "Zadok The Priest" coming through the background noise. But, don't take that as gospel. (Pun totally intended!)

Whether it was or not, we definitely need more Handel in figure skating.

She went into 9th position out of 11.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We continue our Basic Novice triple-bill, and conclude our girls double-bill, with the older girls. 17 girls, arranged into a group of 7; followed by a group of 8.

Livestream for the Basic Novice I Ladies FS is now on air.

https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...BASNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG013.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There was a lot of support from the audience for Skater #5. They were chanting for her when she was preparing to go out. To the extent that I was thinking "I take it this is a local skater".

The Entries / Results page says she represents the Ledeni Iskri club. And it took a lot of digging, but I eventually found out that this club is in Sofia, in the other side of the country. So, she must just have very vocal fans!

She goes into 2nd position, only 2.47 points behind the leader, Skater #2 (who is from the Denkova-Staviski club, which is also in Sofia).

Like with Basic Novice II, there is only one girl from the Ledeni Iskri club in Basic Novice I. (The Ledeni Iskri girl in Basic Novice II finished in 15th position). There are no more today, and only 3 more over the weekend, all in Advanced Novice Ladies. Well, I suppose it is a long way to travel.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. Skater #13 got the biggest support of the competition so far.

This is not entirely a surprise, as Varna is only 15 miles away from Kranevo. Indeed, it is the Varna club that organised this event.

And she certainly lived up to the expectations of her fans. I know I am biased because I am a massive Tina Turner fan and I love "Proud Mary", but that was absolutely brilliant!!!

She goes into 4th position, just less than half a point behind Skater #11 (the sole Armenian) in 3rd, and just less than a point below Skater #5 in 2nd.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, although there are not many Sofia skaters in this competition, they locked out the podium positions. Skater #16 from the Denkova-Staviski club won, with team-mate Skater #2 in 2nd position. And the sole skater from the Ledeni Iskri club, Skater #5 was in 3rd position.

But Skater #13 finished up in 5th, the best of the skaters from the local clubs, Varna and Odesos.

And there are plenty more skaters from these clubs to come. Including half of the field in the next competition!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately for the local fans, the two Basic Novice boys from the Odesos club finished in the bottom two positions. The Turkish boy won, and the boy from the Slavia club in Sofia finished 2nd. That said, the top Odesos boy is going home with a 🥉 Bronze Medal.

But, they are assurred of a local winner in Intermediate Novice Men, as the only entry is from the Odesos club.

Plus, in the girls competition, there are 4 skaters from the Odesos club and 3 skaters from the Varna club.

We'll find out how they get on after this resurfacing.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We finish Day 2 with a combined competition for the Intermediate Novices. 1 boy, followed by 14 girls. They are arranged into a group containing 1 boy and 6 girls; followed by a group of 8 girls.

Livestream for the Intermediate Novice FS competitions is now on air.

Here are the Time Schedules:
Intermediate Novice Men's FS - https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...INTNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf
Intermediate Novice Ladies FS - https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...INTNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here are the live scoring pages:
Intermediate Novice Men's FS - https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG023.htm
Intermediate Novice Ladies FS - https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG024.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At the end of the resurfacing, we saw a group of girls with a massive Armenian flag going sit in the audience. And I suspect that they are fellow Armenian skaters wanting to support Skater #1 in the Ladies competition.

Although, the livescoring is up the creek. It says that Skater #1 has scored precisely 0 in everything, and that Skater #2, who is only starting her programme, has scored 33.85. :drama:

I think the computers have got confused by the boy being in with the girls.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I admit, I am starting to get thoroughly confused now because of the livescoring page.

But, whether that was skater #4 Angelina YANKOVA from the Odesos club or skater #5 Rosina MINKOVA from the Varna club that we just saw, I loved that programme from the local girl!!!

EDIT: During the Group 2 Warm-Up, I went back through the stream and counted the skaters. And my initial thought that it was skater #4, Yankova, was correct.​

Mmmm. There is a lengthy delay before the next skater. Maybe they are trying to sort out the livescoring.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hallelujah! After having no livescoring for the last skater in Group 1 (presumably because the computer thought that the Group had already finished), they got the livescoring fixed during the Group 2 Warm-Up.

Wow! The skater from the Denkova-Staviski club, Skater #3, has a massive lead of over 10 points. But a cigarette paper could cover the rest of the field! Just 1.75 points covers 2nd down to 6th. 😲

Skater #4 Angelina YANKOVA from the Odesos club (the one I commented that I liked), is in 4th position. She is just 0.09 points ahead of skater #5 Rosina MINKOVA from the Varna club, who is in 5th position.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally! After the first three skaters of Group 2 (two locals and a Sofia skater) slotted in behind all the Group 1 skaters, skater #10 Nana IVANOVA from the Varna club slotted into the massive gap behind the leader.

And you should have heard the cheers when her scores were announced!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The day ended with two skaters from the Odesos club, who confusingly both have the same first name, albeit with different spellings (I think the first of them is actually Ukrainian).

The first, #13 Sofiia DZHASHYTOVA, went into 2nd position. The second, #14 Sofia KOSTADINOVA, went into 6th position.

So, although Skater 3 from the Denkova-Staviski club in Sofia won, there were two locals joining her on the podium. Sofiia DZHASHYTOVA from the Odesos club in 2nd, and Nana IVANOVA from the Varna club in 3rd.

And an all Bulgarian podium to finish the day.

The locals will definitely be clebrating tonight!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Day 3 starts with an Advanced Novice double-bill. It was supposed to be 16 girls; followed by a group of 6 boys. There were originally 16 girls, arranged into two groups of 8. But skater #4, Nadya VARDANYAN (ARM), has withdrawn. So we now have 7 girls in Group 1; and 15 altogether.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Ladies SP is now on air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuZD9edNVU

https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG021.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, Varvara was very easy to spot during the Warm-Up, with her white team jacket and royal blue dress and tights. Everybody else in the group was wearing black!

Also, all the other girls were a lot taller than her. There was one moment where there was nearly a collision with one of these taller skaters. And you could tell that this other skater was thinking "where did she come out of?!" Varvara just wasn't tall enough to make it into her eye-line.

Unfortunately, Varvara spent most of the time out of camera shot. All we saw her doing were two lovely spins in the last minute of the Warm-Up.

Hope her programme is just as lovely!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just realised that, apart from Varvara, this was an all-Bulgarian group. And that none of the Bulgarian skaters competing at this level are locals.

That said, Varvara is no stranger in Bulgaria. She competed as a guest skater in a domestic competition in Sofia, the 2022 Priz Victoria, during her 12 month embargo after switching from Russia to Cyprus.

Anyway, here she comes.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST VARVARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Could barely hear the music at the start.

It was a while before she did her first element (a jump), but it went well.

Lovely combination jump, and then a lovely combination spin.

I thouight she was going to fall, or at least have a hand down, on the next jump. But, she just about saved it.

Next spin and everything else to the end was lovely.

You know, I think this is the best I have ever seen Varvara skate.

Into a 10.38 point lead!!! :jaw:

And she surpasses her highest ever SP score by 3.79 points!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: WELL DONE VARVARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Quick turnaround, as my second kid is doing her Warm-Up straight after Varvara gets her scores.

Unfortunately, with finishing off my post about Varvara, I didn't get to see much of the Warm-Up.

But, with not seeing Vayana much this season, I can't remember what her costume looks like. So, it would have been hard to spot her anyway.

I hope it went well for her. And that her programme does too!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha. I never noticed that we have two British skaters in a row starting this group. Well, I suppose it is hard to spot when Leilah PATTEN doesn't have a flag next to her name, because of the way she represents Sheffield in British competitions, and the Denkova-Staviski club in Bulgarian competitions.

And you know what - I liked both of them! :biggrin:

Skater #9 Eloisa MERINO-SOLA went into 2nd position, 7.57 points behind my girl Varvara ABRAMKINA (CYP)

And then skater #10 Leilah PATTEN went into the lead, 0.56 points ahead of Varvara.

:cheer: WELL DONE GIRLS!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan