CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lovely combination jump to start with.

And the individual jump and then spin were lovely too.

Oooh. I liked the pose she went into at the end of the next jump.

Lovely spin, and then a little hop at the end. Not sure how it will go down.

Not sure the reason for the kicks at the end of the Step Sequence. They looked out of place.

By, my goodness, what a performance. She was really selling it!

I wouldn't be surprised if she took the lead.

What?! 4th position?! Nearly 10 points behind the leader?! 😲

No. I thought it was worth a lot more than that.

And with that in mind:

:cheer: WELL DONE VAYANA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We complete our Advanced Novice double-bill by moving from the girls to a group of 6 boys.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Men's SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuZD9edNVU

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG019.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A very different programme from the Italian skater to finish the Advanced Novice Men's SP. Very futuristic.

And he goes into the lead.

So we have an Italian leading; Atilla Arda SAHINOLANLAR from Turkey in 2nd; and then the Bulgarians.

The local skater from the Odesos club, Mihail DYULGERSKI, is in 4th.

I'll be honest, I don't know where the club that the skater in 3rd position is from. I've tried searching for both "Fokstrot" and "Foxtrot" skating club, but to no avail. Confusingly, he is listed as representing the Denkova-Staviski club at a competition in January. So, I'm guessing that Fokstrot is another club in Sofia.

Resurfacing now, and then the Juniors.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
From an Advanced Novice double-bill, that resurfacing takes us to a Junior double-bill. 23 girls; followed by a group of 4 boys. The 23 girls are arranged into a group of 5; followed by a group of 6; followed by a resurfacing; followed by two groups of 6.

Livestream for the Junior Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuZD9edNVU

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/B...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.bsf.bg/figure-skating/BlackSeaIceCup04-07.04.2024/SEG007.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As you could probably tell by the sheer amount of support that came from the audience, the competition was opening with a skater from the local Varna club, Anastasiia YURCHUK (BUL).

And she deserved every bit of those cheers. What a beautiful programme!

Of course, with her being the first skater, we don't know how that compares to anybody else in the competition.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know I normally complain about skaters wearing white dresses, as they blend in too well with the ice and the boards. And it looks like you have a set of disembodied head and limbs floating around the arena.

Well, I make an exception with the dress being worn by skater #5, Elina KOCHARYAN (ARM). It has borders at the edges of the material, so you can see it better.

But the best part is that it has an outline of a violin, complete with bow, on the front of it! And it looks impressive.

Needless to say, she was skating to music being played by the string section of the orchestra.

Oh, I nearly forgot to say that the massive Armenian flag I talked about yesterday has re-appeared, and was hanging over the balcony during Elina's performance.

She goes into 5th out of 5. But I don't care. I enjoyed it.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At the end of Group 1, Marianne MUST (EST) has a massive lead of 13.11 points over the rest of the field, who are covered by just 5 points.

But, we have her team-mate Elina GOIDINA (EST), Vivien PAPP (HUN), and four Bulgarians, including the last two local skaters, coming up in Group 2.

First up is a skater from a Sofia club, Ivayla VLADIMIROVA (BUL). And she is skating to a very slowed down version of my favourite piece of skating music, Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna".

No, it was slowed down too much for my liking.

She goes into 6th and last position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We have an Estonian 1-2! More than that, we have a Kristalluisk club 1-2.

Elina GOIDINA (EST) has gone into a 11.31 point lead over team-mate Marianne MUST (EST), who is still 13.11 points ahead of the first of the Bulgarians, Kalina VUTOVA from the Elit club.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And just as I finish that last post, a different skater from the Elit club goes into 3rd position, Krista GEORGIEVA (BUL). But, the Estonians still have a big advantage.

Big cheers for the next skater. Yes, it's a local from the Varna club..

And no prizes for guessing what Karolina STOYANOVA (BUL) is skating to. Two words: yellow dress.

It looked like she ran out of steam about half-way through the programme. But, she found some energy towards the end of the programme.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, she unfortunately goes into 9th and last position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a beautiful programme from Vivien PAPP (HUN)!

Boys but that reminded us of what we have been missing this season.

She goes into third, just 0.23 points ahead of the first of the Bulgarians, Krista GEORGIEVA from the Elit club.

And speaking of Bulgarians, here is the last of the skaters representing local clubs, Radostina VASILEVA from the Varna club.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, you all know that I love music with a Middle Eastern feel. And there was plenty of that in that programme from Radostina VASILEVA (BUL)

Massive cheers when she was introduced. But, we've become accustomed to that for the skaters from the local clubs.

Unfortunately, she slots in behind team-mate Karolina STOYANOVA at the bottom of the field. That is despite her going clean and Karolina having a fall.

Resurfacing now, and then back for the group that includes my kid!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it may have taken me a while to get used to Chiara with blonde hair, but it certainly helped me spot her here. All the other skaters in this group have dark hair.

We saw her doing some small practice jumps at the start of the Warm-Up. And a while later she did a nice jump at the far side of the rink at corner of the camera shot. But apart from that, we didn't see her doing any other elements within camera shot.

Right, two skaters between now and her programme.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, the plot thickens. The first of the Bulgarians in this group, Ivayla MESECHKOVA, is from this mysterious Fokstrot club. And, like the boy earlier, she was listed as skating for the Denkova-Staviski club in a recent competition.

And I am nearly sure that that was Ina Demireva sending her off. i.e. Albena Denkova's sister.

I wonder if it is an offshoot of the Denkova-Staviski club.

That jumpsuit that Ivalya is wearing is something else. @elektra blue - it's not too late for a new nominee, is it?

Normally, you can spot a Michael Jackson programme a mile off. I couldn't with this one. (She was skating to "The Way You Make Me Feel").

Now for my only kid in Juniors. Who is from the Denkova-Staviski club.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Fall on her first jump.

Then buffering. So, I don't know what happened next.

Combination spin that we returned on looked good.

Fall on next jump.

Spins good. I thought she had over-ran the end of her music, but it was a break in the music.

Step Sequence looked good.

I think she finished a bit early, and tried to cover it up with an extra finishing pose.

Oh dear.

Chiara has a habit of winning competitions in Bulgaria. But, after that SP, I don't think she has a chance of doing so here.

Earlier on, I was looking forward to Vayana getting her score, and was disappointed when it came through because I thought she deserved more. But, I don't want to see Chiara's score here.

She goes into... 3rd?! :confused:

OK. Did Chiara get some of the points her sister should have got earlier?

I may like Chiara, but I really do not understand how she scored higher than Vivian PAPP (HUN). I wouldn't have put this performance near Papp's, never mind 0.92 points ahead of it.

Anyway. We are where we are.

:cheer: WELL DONE CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have to admit, my heart isn't in this competition any more, after seeing the home cooking that my kid benefitted from.

I like the girl, but this is really sticking in my throat. I want her to be getting scores that are realistic, so that she knows what she needs to work on to improve them. Inflated scores help nobody.

And it must be a real slap in the face for the skaters from the local clubs that a skater from the other side of the country is getting the home cooking.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, we just had the last two Bulgarian skaters, both of whom are from the Elit club in Sofia. #20 Lia LYUBENOVA is now the top Bulgarian, going into 3rd position, 0.34 points behind Marianne MUST (EST).

#21 Sofia VUTOVA went into 12th position.

Now for the only British skater, Emma LYONS, who represents the Dundee club up in Scotland but is actually from Wales.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Has the person in charge of the camera come back to their post yet? Because, whilst it was fun watching the two young female skaters talking and doing stuff on their mobile phones in front of the sign for the event that the camera was pointed at for the resurfacing, it would be more useful watching the boys doing their Warm-Up.

Phew, just as I posted this, the Warm-Up ended and the camera zoomed out.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The skater from the local Odesos club that is finishing the Junior chaos, Alexander KACHAMAKOV (BUL), fell and then slid very hard into the boards. To the extent that they wobbled, and you could hear a big thud over the music.

Thankfully, he got up none the worse for wear and carried on.

But, I am sure he is going to have a massive bruise come tomorrow. Which may not bode well for doing his Free Skate.

He goes into 4th and last position.

I should add, I don't know what it was, but loved his choice of music.

CaroLiza_fan