2024 Mexico Cup | May 16-18 | Golden Skate

2024 Mexico Cup | May 16-18

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Mexico Cup is set to take place May 16-18, 2024, in Queretaro, Mexico. The event will the Singles (Women and Men) in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Very promising for the future of the women's discipline in Mexico. I had hoped the popularity of Donovan would also stimulate the men to start skating but I am not seeing anything there yet.

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Streams are being archived here, they all have the same name though - https://www.youtube.com/@FEMEPASHIDI/streams
Unfortunately, the archived streams have been removed from this youtube channel. I have managed to watch the recorded stream of Senior Men and Women Short Programs during the ice resurfacing after the second warm-up group of Junior Women. But due to electricity cuts in my country I wasn't able to see the final two groups of Junior Women Short Program. When the electricity appeared 1 hour after the end of the event the stream of Junior Women Short Program was unavailable and the previous stream of Senior Short Programs was removed too. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just had a look at the entry lists and, assuming the dates on the ISU Bios are correct, we have THREE sets of twins competing in the ISU part of the event!

Please note that for the Velculescu sisters, the ISU have Julia as being born in 2005 and Sofia as being born in 2013. This is a mistake. If you watch this video of them playing the piano together in December 2018, it is clear that Sofia was not 5 years old when this was filmed. When you see them standing side-by-side at the end, it is obvious that they were 13 year old identical twins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmz4ye6QyXU

Anyway, back to the present.

As it stands after the Advanced Novice Ladies SP:

• Camila is 1st, 3.49 points ahead of Maria in 6th

As it stands after the Junior Ladies SP:

• Nadia is 17th, 1.41 points ahead of Leila in 19th
  • Sofia is 26th, 1.60 points ahead of Julia in 29th

All the best to them all in the Free Skate later on.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: